Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by mugenr View Post
    To be clear. it does retract when the ignition is off? so it has a motor still? if that's the case, there's gotta be a setting we just can't see. maybe ODIS can turn it off. LOL I have a shop around here which is thinking of getting an ODIS to do things like mag ride calibration after springs.
    Now that sounds like a good idea let's hope they pull through and maybe you can let them test it out on your car

Sent from my SM-G950U using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #

To be clear. it does retract when the ignition is off? so it has a motor still? if that's the case, there's gotta be a setting we just can't see. maybe ODIS can turn it off. LOL I have a shop around here which is thinking of getting an ODIS to do things like mag ride calibration after springs.
    Yes it still retracts into the dash when the car turns on and off. I have access to ODIS also so lmk if you find the solution within.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Two Rings mugenr's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BP11 View Post
    Yes it still retracts into the dash when the car turns on and off. I have access to ODIS also so lmk if you find the solution within.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice! you should definitely take a peek around. :) as of right now. I do not have access to ODIS. shop is considering getting one, but that's just talk now.

AZ Member #

Anybody hear anything more?

Here is a reply from distribution today.

"Unfortunately we do not have an ETA on these units at this time. We have been notified that the delays are due to Certification changes in Europe that caused delays in US certification. We apologize!"

lame :(

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Anybody hear anything more?

Here is a reply from distribution today.

"Unfortunately we do not have an ETA on these units at this time. We have been notified that the delays are due to Certification changes in Europe that caused delays in US certification. We apologize!"

lame :(
    Well I believe this is known for a while now, isn't it ?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica

Right, basically "we regret to inform you that we know s##t.

AZ Member #

yes it is. just updating what they are still saying today.
    not sure if anyone else has heard anything more.

AZ Member #

yes it is. just updating what they are still saying today.
    not sure if anyone else has heard anything more.
    Hit up my rep this morning and just got an update , not sure how accurate but its something I guess Screenshot_20190206-075506_Gallery.jpeg

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Got an update from my SA and Vincenzo here on the forums. My order was submitted back in August. Allocation was granted Aug 16th. Been waiting since.... BUT just had word from both gentleman mentioned earlier that correlate. My build will start last week of Feb. Completed March 15th. Should see it here early May.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by UNFUXWITHABLE View Post
    Hit up my rep this morning and just got an update , not sure how accurate but its something I guess Screenshot_20190206-075506_Gallery.jpeg

When was your order created? We got orders from mid December that have not been factory submitted yet.

AZ Member #

When was your order created? We got orders from mid December that have not been factory submitted yet.
    It was created just after new years maybe on the 5th or 6th

AZ Member #

It was created just after new years maybe on the 5th or 6th

Interesting you got an allocation before December orders.

AZ Member #

Interesting you got an allocation before December orders.
    My situation was a little more delicate due to my current car being a lemon . But don't you think they would all be on the same boat coming here??? Instead of them making the trip more than once. Or do they get delivered periodically depending on when the orders were placed ???

Last edited by UNFUXWITHABLE; 02-06-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

My situation was a little more delicate due to my current car being a lemon . But do you think they would all be on the same boat coming here??? Instead of them making the trip more than once. Or do they get delivered periodically depending on when the orders were placed ???

Emden is a massive port used by pretty much every European automaker, at least the German ones. Several ships leave daily destined all over the world, what ship your car is on is based on shipping logistics and nothing to do with other RS3s or Audis. So a ship leaving for the eastern seaboard of the US will carry a bunch of different makes to Halifax, then Boston, and so on.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Potatohead_RS3 View Post
    Emden is a massive port used by pretty much every European automaker. Several ships leave daily destined anywhere in the world, what ship tour car is on is based on shipping logistics and nothing to do with other RS3ís or Audis.
    Okay cool thanks man that clears up that theory

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I asked my dealer about my status and the only useful information I got was the strike at the engine factory ended this week.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by calvin_c View Post
    I asked my dealer about my status and the only useful information I got was the strike at the engine factory ended this week.
    I wonder if the employees are satisfied or are we all gonna get defective engines? lol

they wanted an 18% pay increase.

AZ Member #

I wonder if the employees are satisfied or are we all gonna get defective engines? lol

That is a very good question and the whole thought about the situation is a little troubling. I hope they end up doing as good of a job as before and dont half ass everything because they aren't happy and aren't as motivated . You know like doing something you dont want to do or something you dont care about doing and just end up doing it because you have to in order to put food on the table . This really blows

AZ Member #

They got their requested 18% increase, one weekend off each month, anniversary bonuses and additional benefits. Production will be fine no worries... as any intentional and or unintentional quality issues will go exactly back to the people building it.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkwerx View Post
    They got their requested 18% increase, one weekend off each month, anniversary bonuses and additional benefits. Production will be fine no worries... as any intentional and or unintentional quality issues will go exactly back to the people building it.
    nice, yea. i just read an article about it saying they got what they wanted yet they are still underpaid. LOL.. people are never happy. :)

AZ Member #

looking to hopefully pull the trigger and order a '19 in the next week. i'm assuming most people are getting them for around MSRP? looked on the audi configurator and there aren't a ton of options for these cars. any must-have options? i'm assuming all '19's have the dynamic signal markers? i'm looking at the dynamic package, the upgraded stereo, black optic package, and that's about it. I hate the adaptive cruise in my rs7, so not going with the driver assist package.

thanks
    kirk
    2015 RS7
    2014 f150 raptor
    2013 GTR
    2009 h/c/I z06

Established Member Two Rings SolarRS3's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 KTM Superduke 1290R

I would say must have is the virtual cockpit (I know in Canada its a part of the base model but I believe in the south its an option?)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Kirks5oh View Post
    looking to hopefully pull the trigger and order a '19 in the next week. i'm assuming most people are getting them for around MSRP? looked on the audi configurator and there aren't a ton of options for these cars. any must-have options? i'm assuming all '19's have the dynamic signal markers? i'm looking at the dynamic package, the upgraded stereo, black optic package, and that's about it. I hate the adaptive cruise in my rs7, so not going with the driver assist package.

thanks
    kirk
    Just being curious here, will you be replacing the RS7 by the RS3 ?
    If so, why is that ? I always the RS6/7 were the ultimate car !

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

upgraded stereo? I don't recall seeing that option... Also what did you hate about the adaptive?

Veteran Member Four Rings ad2330's Avatar
    AZ Member #

No Audi Exclusive Paint available on the RS3?! Wtf? What a shame.
    ~ Matt J
    IG: @rsrtsvt

991.2 GT3 -- Chalk

'15 R8 V10 Plus (SOLD)
    '07 PB Audi RS4 (SOLD)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ad2330 View Post
    No Audi Exclusive Paint available on the RS3?! Wtf? What a shame.
    There are lots of them out there. It's not available anymore because production out of the Gyor plant has been a mess. I spoke with an acquaintance who runs an Audi dealer in Chicago and he was only permitted by Audi to submit a 2019 RS3 order last week for the first time. He's not even getting any of his 2019 A3's he ordered late summer for another six weeks or so.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Gamil View Post
    Just being curious here, will you be replacing the RS7 by the RS3 ?
    If so, why is that ? I always the RS6/7 were the ultimate car !
    not replacing the rs7--I love it, its the ultimate luxury car for me. I miss having a sub-4000lb car that I can drive year round. I don't drive the rs7 in the winter. I drive a truck and a GTR in the winter and my kids don't fit in the rear seat of the GTR anymore. i'm trading in a hellcat charger for the rs3, which I traded in a chevy SS for, which I traded in a modded c6z06 vette for. I probably shouldn't have traded the vette, I just never drove it.

to answer the other questions, the adaptive cruise is not nearly aggressive enough for me--maybe that means I suck at driving, but even at the most aggressive setting, it doesn't get close enough to the car in front of you, for them to know they should move over.

the bang and olufson (spelling?) stereo appears to be a part of an option package. I have that option in the rs7, and its my favorite car stereo of all time
    2015 RS7
    2014 f150 raptor
    2013 GTR
    2009 h/c/I z06

AZ Member #

not replacing the rs7--I love it, its the ultimate luxury car for me. I miss having a sub-4000lb car that I can drive year round. I don't drive the rs7 in the winter. I drive a truck and a GTR in the winter and my kids don't fit in the rear seat of the GTR anymore. i'm trading in a hellcat charger for the rs3, which I traded in a chevy SS for, which I traded in a modded c6z06 vette for. I probably shouldn't have traded the vette, I just never drove it.

to answer the other questions, the adaptive cruise is not nearly aggressive enough for me--maybe that means I suck at driving, but even at the most aggressive setting, it doesn't get close enough to the car in front of you, for them to know they should move over.

the bang and olufson (spelling?) stereo appears to be a part of an option package. I have that option in the rs7, and its my favorite car stereo of all time

I don't know about the US but up here the B&O is standard. It is absolutely fantastic.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dsmp View Post
    upgraded stereo? I don't recall seeing that option... Also what did you hate about the adaptive?
    It's the B&O sound system. Lumped in with the technology package which includes virtual cockpit.
    Insta: Mattyrs3

Veteran Member Four Rings ad2330's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Potatohead_RS3 View Post
    There are lots of them out there. It's not available anymore because production out of the Gyor plant has been a mess. I spoke with an acquaintance who runs an Audi dealer in Chicago and he was only permitted by Audi to submit a 2019 RS3 order last week for the first time. He's not even getting any of his 2019 A3's he ordered late summer for another six weeks or so.
    Lots of them out there? What do you mean? Was it previously offered? Too bad theyíre having such issues with production.
    ~ Matt J
    IG: @rsrtsvt

991.2 GT3 -- Chalk

'15 R8 V10 Plus (SOLD)
    '07 PB Audi RS4 (SOLD)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ad2330 View Post
    Lots of them out there? What do you mean? Was it previously offered? Too bad theyíre having such issues with production.
    Yes, it was offered for 2018.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica

thanks
    kirk
    It depends on the market where you are... but it is not unrealistic to get 3% or more off. I would not be paying MSRP.
    On order: 2019 Nardo Gray Audi RS3 with carbon inserts, RS Design package, dynamic package, technology package, black optics

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Just received my info from my dealer. Looks like production is estimated to complete on 3/15/2019 and arrive to port on 4/25/2019. I'm guessing I should get it in May some time.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Baylorguy View Post
    It depends on the market where you are... but it is not unrealistic to get 3% or more off. I would not be paying MSRP.
    Good info. Thanks. Iím trading a lightly used hellcat charger, so Iíll see how the numbers work out. Itís good to have a reference point

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2015 RS7
    2014 f150 raptor
    2013 GTR
    2009 h/c/I z06

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Good info. Thanks. Iím trading a lightly used hellcat charger, so Iíll see how the numbers work out. Itís good to have a reference point

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Haha, crazy coincidence, my other ride is a Charger Hellcat.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan T. View Post
    How would you say the Hellcat and RS3 compare?

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dthem300a View Post
    How would you say the Hellcat and RS3 compare?
    Short answer is, they don't.

Love them both for different reasons.This is my second Hellcat, and my second Audi (previously owned an S6 along with a Golf R).

The RS3 is my DD, and in WNY it's AWD is necessary; otherwise the Hellcat would be a great DD. Audi obviously is a couple steps up in interior refinement, but the Hellcat has that motor which is just silly. Hellcat tech is surprisingly pretty close to Audi, sans the Virtual Cockpit.

Off the line, I'd actually take the Audi, but from anything resembling a roll, or at highways speeds, the Hellcat would just walk just about anything else on the street (and comfortably seat 4 doing it).

If I had to own just one, it'd be the Audi because I need AWD and the MPG on the Hellcat would probably eventually get old. If I lived somewhere in the south...my answer would likely be different.
    2018 Audi RS3 | Audi Exclusive Riviera Blue | Dynamic | Dynamic Plus | Technology | Driver Assistance | Black Optic
    2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    18 SQ5, 17 SS 1LE

Short answer is, they don't.

Love them both for different reasons.This is my second Hellcat, and my second Audi (previously owned an S6 along with a Golf R).

The RS3 is my DD, and in WNY it's AWD is necessary; otherwise the Hellcat would be a great DD. Audi obviously is a couple steps up in interior refinement, but the Hellcat has that motor which is just silly. Hellcat tech is surprisingly pretty close to Audi, sans the Virtual Cockpit.

Off the line, I'd actually take the Audi, but from anything resembling a roll, or at highways speeds, the Hellcat would just walk just about anything else on the street (and comfortably seat 4 doing it).

If I had to own just one, it'd be the Audi because I need AWD and the MPG on the Hellcat would probably eventually get old. If I lived somewhere in the south...my answer would likely be different.
    Have you run any tuned RS3s in the hellcat? I've only run into one and we only messed around at lower speeds, but he couldnt pull on me.
    2018 Audi RS3, Florett Silver, NO factory options - Clear Bra, 35% tint, Unitronic Stage 1, CTS Intake, Midpipes. In the Garage - CTS Intercooler, Unitronic Turbo Inlet
    2018 Audi SQ5 Premium Plus - Wife's Daily - Clear bra, 35% tint,
    2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Hyper Blue Metallic - Ported Intake Manifold & Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, Catch Can, Hurst Exhaust and lots of Cosmetic Stuff
    Instagram - @JBonelli81

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Just spoke with my dealer. My 2019 rs3 is currently in production and will be at the port in mid-April (15th-18th). Delivery will be early to mid-May.

AZ Member #

I love the charger as a daily in the summer. unfortunately, here in Wisconsin, the roads are too cold from late September all the way to may, and the car just doesn't put the power down, even with drag radials. I had big plans to mod the hell out of it last summer, but realized i might not want to keep it. i had my gtr at the track and lined up against a hellcat with drag radials, and it wasn't even remotely close. none of the rwd high power cars in my area seem to be able to run worth a damn at the track. with good traction, my charger would be a good race vs. my rs7 from a roll.
    2015 RS7
    2014 f150 raptor
    2013 GTR
    2009 h/c/I z06

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast