Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Need help with PPI in downtown LA for S7

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Anybody has a recommendation for a mechanic or shop that can perform a pre purchase inspection on a used S7. Car is 2016 with about 47k miles.

If anybody here is available and knows cars enough to few comfortable checking it out for me I'll compensate for the time.

Thanks.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Why can't you take it to an Audi Dealer? They perform multi-point inspections for $150-200. I'd also make sure the car isn't tuned.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

The car is on a Porsche dealer right next door to an Audi, I believe it's the same owner, not sure I'd trust on the inspection. I could try to get the car somewhere else, but will need to figure transportation as well.

I'm in Kansas City and car is in LA I'm traveling for work the next couple of weeks and trying to get the deal done and car shipped without having to fly to LA.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I've gone to Grigor in West LA - his shop is called Bestiale. Small shop but thorough and honest.
    2015 Audi S6

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Have the Audi dealer perform a CPO inspection. It is much more detailed and usually costs $300 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Just called the Audi dealer and they said they don't do PPI's anymore because they had trouble in the past when they missed something on the car.

Registered Member Two Rings slobdogg's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Did you end up buying it? I've been monitoring 2016 S7 and that one is de-listed (Sold).

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Yes I did, I used a company called Lemon Squad, they performed the PPI and turned the report in 2 days.

They did a pretty decent job with the report, comprehensive with a lot of things check, they test drove and scanned for errors. They measure the paint in several pasta of the car the check for body work. They included 117 pictures of the car.

The car needs some paint correction but is otherwise in good shape.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I don't know if you shipped the car already, but I would use Intercity Lines (Warren, MA)