Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

PCV Diaphragm Keeps Tearing

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi all,

So I have a 2012 A4 and a few months ago I got a p2279 code. Found a tear in the OEM orange PCV diaphragm so I replaced it with a Dorman one from Autozone which only lasted 2 months. I figured something was wrong with the whole PCV valve so I replaced it with an OEM one with the original, thicker, orange diaphragm. Well today, about a month and a half after replacing the whole PCV valve, I got another p2279 code and found a small pinhole in the diaphragm. Does anyone have any idea why the diaphragm keeps tearing?

Only mods done to the car are an AFE air filter, ECS turbo inlet, and an APR stage 1 tune.

Thank you,

Chris

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by chris_avant View Post
    Hi all,

So I have a 2012 A4 and a few months ago I got a p2279 code. Found a tear in the OEM orange PCV diaphragm so I replaced it with a Dorman one from Autozone which only lasted 2 months. I figured something was wrong with the whole PCV valve so I replaced it with an OEM one with the original, thicker, orange diaphragm. Well today, about a month and a half after replacing the whole PCV valve, I got another p2279 code and found a small pinhole in the diaphragm. Does anyone have any idea why the diaphragm keeps tearing?

Only mods done to the car are an AFE air filter, ECS turbo inlet, and an APR stage 1 tune.

Thank you,

Chris
    Not certain regarding the reason, but perhaps you should get it checked out.

If theres no issues, you may want to consider a PCV Delete/ Catch can. This way you wont have to worry about tearing again, but you'll have to drain the can once every 2 weeks or so (depending on the distance you drive)

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Thanks for the info. I'll look into getting a catch can.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

I replaced my failed PCV system with a catch can. In one week of driving there wasn't that much liquid in it, maybe a few ounces.