Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings Darel's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Source for alcantara?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys,

Over the winter I'd like to play around with some interior projects, including door panel inserts and maybe some other stuff. Anyone have either a source or, better yet, know the "code" for the correct color of Alcantara on our seats? I ordered some small amounts of black and red (car is C8C8) but I think the black is going to be too dark and I really kinda need more of a charcoal to match the seats. On eBay there's actually genuine Audi "Soul" fabric at $200/yd, I'm not paying that. I'm really looking for a better way to find something "pretty close" someplace a lot cheaper like Amazon, eBay or Etsy without having to spend that $200 on samples from a dozen different places. Since this is just for door inserts and other no-wear areas it doesn't need to be high-quality seating-grade, you know?

Bonus points for ribbon. Definitely want full sheets of material, but for one idea I have I'm looking also for something like a 3mm wide alcantara ribbon (it's out there).

Thanks,
    D
    '09 S5, 4.2 / 6MT / H&R springs & spacers, AWE Track exhaust
    '76 Triumph TR6
    '14 Mercedes E350

Veteran Member Four Rings A6sport's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I had some custom/ exclusive stuff done in my A7 and A5, the Audi black you're looking for is called anthracite. The real deal Alcantara is only available to the auto manufactures. The mill in Italy that produces the stuff will only sell to Audi, BMW, MB, Porsche, and all of the other top end brands. There is a place in FL called Gulf Fabrics where I found mine, he has some left in stock, odd colors but can't get anymore. How do I know? I tried to buy 2 yards of the Anthracite a couple months ago. And last year, I bought all of the red he had left.
    2012 A7 PP| S Exterior| RS Carbon Optics| Carbon spoiler| Carbon diffuser| Carbon mirrors/ carbon pods| V6T badges| Smoked tail, side markers| 21" High-Gloss Black Blade wheels| S sport exhaust| APR Stage II 93 dual pulleys| RS7 intake| S Sport Brembos Ft/RR| TAG B/O rings

Alcantara Exclusive Interior| Super sport seats| FB Steering wheel| S door sills| RS shifter| Audi sport puddle lights
    S Aluminum Pedals| RS floor mats| S start button| Piano Black inlays| RS Seat belts| Ambient lighting|

Established Member Two Rings Darel's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Great info, thanks! And your interior work looks amazing, very much like what I want to do.
    '09 S5, 4.2 / 6MT / H&R springs & spacers, AWE Track exhaust
    '76 Triumph TR6
    '14 Mercedes E350

Established Member Two Rings xxxaudixxx's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Wait until November. All the Alcantara is out of stock for North America apparently. Ebay is the only source that I've seen and like you said its $200/yd which is a ripoff imo. I was looking to do some custom work as well but I called/emailed everywhere even companies in Germany, they are all out. They said they should be resupplied in November.
    2014 Sepang Blue RS5 - Xpel, Gtechniq, Maxton, 1SEC Carbon, AWE
    2012 Ibis White A4 Stg II - AWE exhaust, APR tune, 034Motorsport HFC, RS grill, BFI shift knob

Follow me on Instagram @restless.rs5

Established Member Four Rings Ape Factory's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5/Infiniti QX70S stormtrooper/Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary

FYI, Ultrasuede is made by the same company. They both come in different thicknesses and wear ratings so pay attention to that. I used to get my stuff from Gulf when I was reupholstering seats for a certain make of Italian sportbikes. I
    2013 Audi RS5 Misano Red, 20x10 Klassen ID M10/JHM Stage 1 ECU Tune/AWE Tuning Touring Exhaust/Eventuri Intake/Bilstein PSS10/H&R Sways/STERN Upper Control Arms/CR-15 reinforcement bar/ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines/Apikol Rear Diff Bushing/ECS rear diff inserts/ECS front end links/034 Motorsports subframe inserts/034 Rear End Links/Tranny insert/E-code head & tail lights/Black Lip Spoiler, Red Trim Start Button, black emblems/VCDS.