Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings Club Cheetah's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    03 allroad

No fuel, possibly spark after engine swap

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Gents,

I posted this up in the Allroad section, but figured this would have substantially more views over here given the circumstances especially.

I have an 03 AR with the 2.7t 6mt, that I recently did an engine swap in. Original engine had a timing belt fail and I ended up with zero compression on all cylinders. Donor engine is an APB with about 150k on it. Ran great before the swap, as it came from a friends car. Did the swap a couple weeks ago, used the BEL harness, moved all needed parts over from the BEL engine. Everything went in without a hitch, and I go to start, no fuel. Bypass the FPRelay, get fuel, I assume no spark now on top of it as well.

I have a CEL with the ESP light, all fuses are good, but no fuel or spark from what I can tell. I haven't pulled codes, that's the next obvious think on the list, but I have no VAG-COM readily accessible.

Thoughts? I'm great at removing parts and moving shit around, the diagnosis end of wrenching is my achilles heel. I'm wondering if I'm having an issue with the CPS, and if this sensor can in fact prevent fuel AND spark. It turns over nicely, but absolutely no ignition.

Mike

Veteran Member Four Rings jjvwg's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 A4 Avant

Quote Originally Posted by Club Cheetah View Post
    Gents,

I posted this up in the Allroad section, but figured this would have substantially more views over here given the circumstances especially.

I have an 03 AR with the 2.7t 6mt, that I recently did an engine swap in. Original engine had a timing belt fail and I ended up with zero compression on all cylinders. Donor engine is an APB with about 150k on it. Ran great before the swap, as it came from a friends car. Did the swap a couple weeks ago, used the BEL harness, moved all needed parts over from the BEL engine. Everything went in without a hitch, and I go to start, no fuel. Bypass the FPRelay, get fuel, I assume no spark now on top of it as well.

I have a CEL with the ESP light, all fuses are good, but no fuel or spark from what I can tell. I haven't pulled codes, that's the next obvious think on the list, but I have no VAG-COM readily accessible.

Thoughts? I'm great at removing parts and moving shit around, the diagnosis end of wrenching is my achilles heel. I'm wondering if I'm having an issue with the CPS, and if this sensor can in fact prevent fuel AND spark. It turns over nicely, but absolutely no ignition.

Mike
    Does your tach give a reading when you are cranking? If your CPS is good it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | 2004 A4 Avant | Gloss Dark Grey |
    | 2.7t K04 swap | 034 RSB | Apikol snub | 17z BBK |Vogtland GT1 Coilovers | Moog adj. UCA's | Peeler reps |

| 2011 A4 Avant | Brilliant Black | Vogtland Coilovers | RSE's | 034 Sway/tranny mount | Q5 brakes |

Veteran Member Three Rings RocksForsSale's Avatar
    AZ Member #

CPS will prevent spark and fuel if it’s not reading right.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Three Rings RocksForsSale's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Also I think if you did a swap a ground wire might not be in the right place...

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Senior Member Three Rings Wide-66's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1966 Porsche 911 w/ 996 swap, 12’ A7, 05’ Allroad 6MT, 01’ B5 S4 F21, 86’ Coupe GT....many more

Already basically told you its the CPS. Test it already and then replace it. If you really want pull the wiring diagram and it will be clear this is the issue.

Veteran Member Four Rings Club Cheetah's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    03 allroad

Welp.... CPS plug wasn't uh... plugged in. Sometimes it's the little things I guess.

Plugged it in and it fired right up. Still have a couple small things to iron out, but the car should be back on the road after the weekend.