Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

HELP! Replace Mechatronic or Transmission

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I got Gearbox Malfunction/TPMS warning lights. One dealership told me to replace the Mechatronic. BUT another dealership told me to replace the Entire Transmission. What I should do?

Senior Member Four Rings VinnysS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

You should find out what is actually wrong with it and fix that, not just something somebody told you was wrong with it. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    1997 VW GTI VR6 (sold), 2003 Audi RS6 (sold), 2010 Audi A4 2.0T (RIP Totaled on 11/2/2015 ) 2005.5 Audi S4

My build log
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-s-s4-timeline

Texpoops "Correct, but a half inch difference isnít going to accelerate wear by much. Iím sure the front dips that much with a fatty in the front"

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Replace Mechatronic or Entire Transmission

Good question: if itís under warranty Iíd say replace transmission with a NEW one, if not Iíd advise to find a dealer/Audi specialized shop that you trust (ask in your regional forum and/or check reviews) and take it there.
    Or if you want to do it yourself, scan the car with vcds/Odis and check Audi service bulletins.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Bestiale - incredible quality tuning and full service for Audi, Porsche, VW and Bentley backed with 101 year labor warranty
    8651 Washington blvd., Culver City, CA 90232
    562-448-2599, Grigor@bestiale.net, www.bestiale.net

Established Member Two Rings 3g_bishi's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I just had the same issue. Mine is 2011s4 125k

What is yours?
    Also what code do you have?

I fixed mine for $650 and 3 hours. It was apiece of cake and glad I did. I would be happy to run you through the steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Four Rings Dr GP's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Lexus RX 350

You may want to communicate with this guy. https://forums.quattroworld.com/s4b8/msgs/56628.phtml He seems to be very knowledgeable and has replaced many mechatronic units. He probably can advise you as to which way to go