Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: A3?

Established Member Two Rings ava the a4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

A3?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Coming from the B7 world, thinking about getting a 2015 2.0 Quattro. Are they good cars? Anything to look out for. What’s the difference between the Sline and non sline for y’all? And do they have paddle shifters?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Active Member Two Rings Chaoscreature's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1995 Porsche 993 C2, 2006 Jetta TDI

You are asking this in the A3 forum, so of course we are (mostly) going to say they are good cars.
    The S-Line is a cosmetic package, which includes the Sports suspension.
    Sports Package cars come with the paddle shifters and Sports seats, and of course the Sports suspension as well. Google will tell you everything you need to know about the different packages.

Veteran Member Three Rings bl0wn3ur0's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Let me say that I absolutely love my A3. I leased it as just to get back and forth to work but now I really LOVE IT!!! I actually wish I got an Sline or an actual S3 but either way its a great car.......

Previous car was a b7 a4 as well.

Established Member Two Rings Grey3's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bl0wn3ur0 View Post
    Let me say that I absolutely love my A3. I leased it as just to get back and forth to work but now I really LOVE IT!!! I actually wish I got an Sline or an actual S3 but either way its a great car.......

Previous car was a b7 a4 as well.
    I second this. Loving my used A3. Thinking about upgrading my steering wheel for paddle shifters

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I will not second this. I resent buying my 2017 A3 due to continuous small problems that plague it. First defective starts top system, then inoperative door handle lock sensors then mmi and virtual cockpit just shutting down while driving and latest is a horrible rattle coming from transmission. The start stop was fixed. The door handles were tricky as it happened only when car was parked outside when it was below 32F, but fixed. The mmi issue still happens and since it doesn't happen all the time, dealer can't replicate issue so for them it's like it doesn't exist cince no fault codes are stored. I have a video of the trans rattle and I have sent it to my service adviser and it has been 4 days and he still claims the tech is reviewing the video. I wish I could just return this car. One thing for sure, this is my first and last Audi. I can post the rattle on YouTube if anyone is interested.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SKORPiO; 10-13-2018 at 09:35 PM.

Established Member Two Rings ava the a4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Well i made the purchase, i love it so far, the transmission is amazing and launch control is sick, happy so far hope I don’t have the problems skorpio did

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Maybe I'm just the unlucky one. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Three Rings bl0wn3ur0's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Every car has issues but from someone that works at audi and vw before that, the A3 is actually pretty solid and does not usually give problems.

Registered Member One Ring PINGERS's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Just watch out for a possible Haldex issue when launching if you notice excessive wheel spin. This seems to be an issue with early revisions, 2015 etc.. Otherwise the Quattro is a great car! I wish I would have picked up an S-Line. The bumpers and side skirts alone are worth it! Gives it a more aggressive S3 look.
    CTS Catless Downpipe | ECS Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake | APR Turbo Inlet | JB4 Map 2 | E85 3 Gallons

Senior Member Three Rings Trent212's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Like my A3, but it makes me sad sometimes when I go to merge into traffic. Then I just remind my self the TTRS is sitting at the house waiting on me to rip on it lol.
    2018 TT RS - Nogaro Blue | CF Inlays | Black Optic | Design Selection Interior | Red Calipers | Technology Package | APR Stage 1+ E85, Intercooler, Inlet, And intake | BC Forged EH173 19x9.5 ET45
    2017 A3 2.0 Ultra - Daily
    2015 S4 Prestige - Sold
    2013 A4 Premium plus - Sold