Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: Tires

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Bmw M4

Tires

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So Iím sorry if this has been covered before but my tires have no life left on them. I have covered 14k on them my 2018 s4. Now I was going to order some pilot sport 4s for it. But.. my husband has told me to look into potenza S007A he drives an m4 and said the m owners love them. We put the PS4s on our gtr so I know I like them. Whatís ur thoughts on the bridgestones ? Thanks!

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Ouch was hoping to get more life then that out of the OEM Continentals but I've seen multiple people in the 15k range looking for replacements.

I can't comment on the Potenza's although I'm sure they are a great tire. I had the Pilot Super Sports before the 4s were available on my wife's S3. They were a fantastic tire on both dry and wet pavement. They road significantly better then the Continentals that came off ( they were well worn so that could be it too) and were significantly quitter as well. An all around superb tire that could outgrip what I could ever do on public roads.

The main reason I went with the Michelin's was the 30k mile warranty. I thought we were going to keep that car for awhile but low and behold we got rid of it a few months later to get her S4.

I just looked at the price of the Potenza's and was shocked to see them $75 a tire cheaper then the Michelin's. I would still vote for the 4s as all the reviews have been very positive and my impression with them (PSS) has also been very good. Can't beat their warranty either.

Side note my sister and her family used to live in Cinco Ranch but moved out to Fulshear a few years back. Katy was a fun place that I enjoyed when I would visit them.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Bmw M4

Thankyou! Where have you looked at the price of them? So far I have found Costco to be the best overall I believe! I know I can get Pirelli ps3s too for less in price too. Maybe they will be better if they will last longer! I have hankooks on there now that weíre on it from the factory ! They were shocking! They are so worn that itís not much fun to drive right now so itís been sat in the garage a lot!

What a small world .. We actually live on the edge of Fulsher now too so probably not too far from your sister !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

DWS06 are the best in my opinion..

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Bmw M4

I actually went with pilot sport a/s 3+ as I have killed my current tires in 14k just driving around town. After a lot of research I figured as Iím not tracking the s4 they would be good and hopefully get more life in them! So far Iíve been really happy with them!

Senior Member Two Rings Sport Line's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    SQ5 3.0T ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Q5 3.0T

Quote Originally Posted by GKDMV2015 View Post
    DWS06 are the best in my opinion..
    I had BF Goodrich sport comp 2 on my s6 and loved the ride but was just for a short period of time ,less than a year as I sold the car after , however my all time favorite now it is DWS06 if you are looking for a A/S tire
    2014 SQ5 EPL Stg2 Dp(194mm Fluidampr+ 57.6mm sc)+ iABED TB, APR CPS,custom exhaust+test p
    2013 Q5 3.0T EPL Stage 2

~~~Audi History~~~
    2013 S6 EPL Stage 2 / APR DP / Roc-Euro intake / Milltek Sport Valvesonic
    2012 A7 3.0T S Line
    2012 Q5 3.2
    2008 TT 3.2
    2007 A6 4.2 S Line
    2001 TT S Quattro 225hp

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Sammi View Post
    I actually went with pilot sport a/s 3+ as I have killed my current tires in 14k just driving around town. After a lot of research I figured as Iím not tracking the s4 they would be good and hopefully get more life in them! So far Iíve been really happy with them!

Got 8,500 miles out of the Hankook's and switched to the same Pilot Sport A/S (purchased from CostCo) for the upcoming winter.

TireRack classifies the Potenza S007A as a "Extreme Performance" tire which is above the "Max Performance" category of the PS4S. The threadwear is 240 (S007A) vs 300 (PS4S) which means the PS4S should in theory last a little longer depending on driving habits. The S007A's are $200 vs $275 for the PS4S or $300 less expensive for a set of 245/35/19. Now you have me thinking about my next set of summer tires when I get a new set of wheels, was set on the PS4S.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...4SXL&tab=Sizes

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...7AXL&tab=Sizes

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Bmw M4

The S007A look like a good tire and they cost less... I know a lot of the guys with the ms are really happy with them! Still interested to hear how they run on the Audiís