Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings Blueiris's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 - Q5, Honda Snow Blower, Craftsman Lawnmower...

Need help deciding on a second car

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    It is time for my wife to get a new car. She has had a Honda Civic for quite sometime now and although she likes it, shes really enjoys driving my S4. So, i think its time for an upgrade (or maybe i just rather her not drive the s4....)

We live in New England so the logical choice is to go with a small SUV with AWD. We have narrowed it down to 3 options:

- Lexus NX200T F-Sport (if i can find one without the red interior)
    - Range Rover Evoque
    - Audi Q5

We would be looking at a pre-owned model (2-3 years old) with less than 25k miles. All 3 are around the same price range. Although I am slightly bias given that i already own an Audi and love it, i am a bit concerned about the cost of ownership/reliability for the Range Rover and Q5. NX200t appears to be much cheaper to maintain and more reliable but i like the looks and feel of the Q5 and the Range Rover more than the NX.

Would love to get your thoughts.

2015 S4 Prem+ Black Optics

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Go for q5 keep it in the family

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Decided to keep it in the family and go with the Q5 - put a down payment on the below car and trying to decide if its the right choice when comparing to other Q5's.

Can you guys let me know if this is a reasonable deal?

2016 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with Technology package (auto folding side mirrors, nav, blind spot sensors etc) it looks to me like the only option missing is the Drive Select but i'm not sure if these came with it anyway.
    Millage: 24,500
    Color: Black on Black
    New tires
    Certified Pre owned - Warranty until November of 2021
    25K service will be performed before i pick it up
    Asking price was $34,000 i was able to negotiate down to $32,400

From what i understand, i am paying maybe $1,000 below market but not quite sure.

Here is what i am struggling with: My wife doesn't need all the bells and whistles but does require blind spot monitoring and back up cam - because of this i think the car needs to be a premium plus with tech package.
    I am also concerned about the 25k miles. i would rather buy something with 10-15k miles an pay an extra $2k.

Would love to get your thoughts, should i be concerned with anything going wrong anytime soon with 25k miles currently on the odometer? Is this a fair price? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Senior Member Three Rings Pizdets-b5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Blueiris View Post
    Decided to keep it in the family and go with the Q5 - put a down payment on the below car and trying to decide if its the right choice when comparing to other Q5's.

Can you guys let me know if this is a reasonable deal?

2016 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with Technology package (auto folding side mirrors, nav, blind spot sensors etc) it looks to me like the only option missing is the Drive Select but i'm not sure if these came with it anyway.
    Millage: 24,500
    Color: Black on Black
    New tires
    Certified Pre owned - Warranty until November of 2021
    25K service will be performed before i pick it up
    Asking price was $34,000 i was able to negotiate down to $32,400

From what i understand, i am paying maybe $1,000 below market but not quite sure.

Here is what i am struggling with: My wife doesn't need all the bells and whistles but does require blind spot monitoring and back up cam - because of this i think the car needs to be a premium plus with tech package.
    I am also concerned about the 25k miles. i would rather buy something with 10-15k miles an pay an extra $2k.

Would love to get your thoughts, should i be concerned with anything going wrong anytime soon with 25k miles currently on the odometer? Is this a fair price? Any input is greatly appreciated.

when you get to the 100k mark and you go in for service make sure you get the timing belt done. I see tons of customers come through and say they cant get it done right now or whatever excuse they have. Then they come back 2-10k later with a blown head and are shocked to see a $9k rebuild bill.
    POWER!!!!

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Thank you all for the info and input. We were able to find a 2016 prem plus (2.0) with 10k miles and all the options/color combo that she wanted. I would have loved to go with a 3.0 but my wife felt that she didn't need that power especially for an extra $4k or so. It ended up costing $33k and is in immaculate condition.

The factory warranty expires in 15 months so I decided it was a good idea to add extended coverage. It gives us an additional 6 years.

Last edited by Blueiris; 10-19-2018 at 06:50 AM.