Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings TallGuy's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Battery Question 2016 A6 3.0

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    My low mileage 39 month old A6 battery is cranking fine. However, I recently did a voltage test after the car sat a day (drove 60 freeway miles the night before). Voltage was down to 12.1 voltage. I have thrown a 3A battery tender on a few times, but the highest I could get (after several hours charging and turning the lights on for a bit) was 12.5v. What should the resting voltage be on a relatively healthy battery on A6 3.0? Will the dealer check the battery under the 4 year car warranty at no charge? If it needs to be replaced is there any warranty remaining on the battery? What is a fair price from dealer for new battery (installed)? I have an extended Audi warranty and while I realize the battery is not covered, I want all repairs done at the dealer for continuity sake. Thanks!

Active Member Two Rings rey_reysA7's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '84 VW GTi

If the car is not running anything over 12 is fine. With the car running it should be 13.5 to 15 ish. Every car will be slightly different

Sent from my G8142 using Audizine mobile app
    Current Cars 2012 Audi A7 1984 VW Rabbit GTI
    Sold Cars '78 Rabbit '87 Scirocco '99.5 Jetta 2.0 '00 Jetta VR6