Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Pulled the trans instead of engine.. This poor clutch.... (PICS)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    The previous owner must have loved to launch this car. Not sure what to think. Everything else seems to be in good working order. Quite a few things going into the car next week, Spec Stage 2 Clutch, JHM Trio + Linkage, H&R Springs with Bilstien Shocks, ALL 034 mounts, Front and Rear Sway Bars. Should be a great refresh. I now understand why the clutch stopped working....

image1 by Rick, on Flickr

image2 by Rick, on Flickr

image3 by Rick, on Flickr

image4 by Rick, on Flickr

Senior Member Four Rings VinnysS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

LOL! Send it!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    1997 VW GTI VR6 (sold), 2003 Audi RS6 (sold), 2010 Audi A4 2.0T (RIP Totaled on 11/2/2015 ) 2005.5 Audi S4

My build log
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-s-s4-timeline

Texpoops "Correct, but a half inch difference isnít going to accelerate wear by much. Iím sure the front dips that much with a fatty in the front"

Veteran Member Four Rings Nollywood's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 Avant 420-R, Toyota Runx 1.4 16V

At least the previous owner got value for his / her money. Every bit of friction material got used.

Iíve seen worse, whereby I pulled the transmission of a B5 RS4. The pressure plate promptly fell off the engine. The dual-mass flywheel had broken up, the outer section had separated from the main section, which was still bolted to the crank. When I unbolted the pressure plate, it fell to bits. 3 sections that were just held in as a single assembly by the 6 bolts. What remained of the flywheel friction surface was blue and rippled.

The remains of the friction disk looked like a tungsten carbide cutting wheel, and the friction material was just a pile of dust and fibres sitting in the bellhousing.
    2003 B6 Audi A4 Avant Quattro Sport | 3.0 V6 | 6MT | Denim Blue Pearl | B6 S4 ďBlack OptikĒ Grille | Votex Kit | Black Leather - Part Out.

2012 B7 Seat Exeo ST Sport Tech | 2.0 TDI 170 | 6MT | Phantom Black Pearl | LED DRLís | Bi-Xenons | AFS | LED Tails | LED RNS-E | AUX / iPod Input | Black Leather | Multi-Function Steering Wheel | Rear PDC.

2002 Toyota Runx |1.4L DOHC 16V Auto.