Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

ESP/Traction Control/ABS light on after ECU swap

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hello,

I have a beautiful red 2001 A4 1.8T Avant that I just purchased in mint condition and after I swap a tuned stage 1 ECU off my other 2001 A4 1.8T manual(both) which didn't have the ESP feature, now both the traction control and ABS light on the dash is on.

I did a test and swap back the original ECU to see if the traction control and ABS light goes off or not and the dash light for both does go off. This indicate to me that perhaps the tuned stage 1 ECU has the traction control feature turned off??? Both ECU is identical in terms of part number 4B0 906 018 CH.

I have Ross-Tech VCDS light and perhaps can I re-code the stage 1 ECU to turn the traction control feature on? If so, is there a how-to?

The new tuned ECU is so much more fun to drive and you can feel the additional boost compare to the stock ECU.

Please help!!!
    Last edited by mug23; 10-10-2018 at 06:50 PM.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I was able to figure out how to recode the ECU from 16201 to 16701 since my new 2001 Avant has ESP and my old A4 didn't. The issue is resolved.

Veteran Member Four Rings Nollywood's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 Avant 420-R, Toyota Runx 1.4 16V

Glad you got it all straightened out.

I had a similar issue with my B6. With ABS and ESP faults logged, cruise control was also inactive.
    2003 B6 Audi A4 Avant Quattro Sport | 3.0 V6 | 6MT | Denim Blue Pearl | B6 S4 “Black Optik” Grille | Votex Kit | Black Leather - Part Out.

2012 B7 Seat Exeo ST Sport Tech | 2.0 TDI 170 | 6MT | Phantom Black Pearl | LED DRL’s | Bi-Xenons | AFS | LED Tails | LED RNS-E | AUX / iPod Input | Black Leather | Multi-Function Steering Wheel | Rear PDC.

2002 Toyota Runx |1.4L DOHC 16V Auto.