Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Established Member Three Rings red4life5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 29 2016
    AZ Member #
    389335
    Location
    Saratoga Springs, UT

    3G+ MMI Update Capable?

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I did my 3G+ swap last week and it is AWESOME! But.... the 3G unit I got was from New Zealand and I donít have US maps. There is someone on the B8.5 classifieds Facebook that can update your maps to 2018. Iím wondering if I can get the US maps on my MMI with his update or am I screwed? Any helpful info appreciated

    IMG_0974.jpg


    2010 A4 S-Line Prestige

  2. #2
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 10 2016
    AZ Member #
    382830
    Location
    Madrid, Spain

    Quote Originally Posted by red4life5 View Post
    I did my 3G+ swap last week and it is AWESOME! But.... the 3G unit I got was from New Zealand and I donít have US maps. There is someone on the B8.5 classifieds Facebook that can update your maps to 2018. Iím wondering if I can get the US maps on my MMI with his update or am I screwed? Any helpful info appreciated

    IMG_0974.jpg


    2010 A4 S-Line Prestige
    First you need the unit to be 'converted' to a US unit then load the US Maps into it... not easy but doable...

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Established Member Three Rings red4life5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 29 2016
    AZ Member #
    389335
    Location
    Saratoga Springs, UT

    Quote Originally Posted by briceportier View Post
    First you need the unit to be 'converted' to a US unit then load the US Maps into it... not easy but doable...

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Can you explain or guide me on how to do that?


    2010 A4 S-Line Prestige

  4. #4
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 10 2016
    AZ Member #
    382830
    Location
    Madrid, Spain

    Quote Originally Posted by red4life5 View Post
    Can you explain or guide me on how to do that?


    2010 A4 S-Line Prestige
    I'm afraid you'll have to do a bit of reading: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=MMI3G%20Region%20Convertion

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.