Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran Member Four Rings 65vetteC6's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    V8's

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I can see this going both ways but no deposit, no sale. These days people flake out all the time, an agreed on price means jack unless there is money on the table. Good for the seller getting what he is happy with getting.

Veteran Member Four Rings Ultrasport Steve's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    14 Audi A4, 10 Audi A3 HB 2.0T (son's car)

Will you two just get a room already...sheesh :-)
    14 Audi A4 - stock

Veteran Member Four Rings Blackstallion's Avatar
    AZ Member #

So this sold with a 2 infront of it? Not too shabby considering it started at 40k

Veteran Member Four Rings pdxa4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    12 Golf-R, 03 S8, 08 GTi, 06 MX-5

Quote Originally Posted by HIS4 View Post
    What about sorry to the seller for negotiating and then once a verbal agreement was in place backtracked and said “oh by the way I’m not buying the car I was just representing the buyer so go talk to this guy to get the money”.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyimola View Post
    Word to the wise for the millennials. A hand shake or deposit is a deal. After 4 months of "firm" text offers for the car, texts are meaningless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultrasport Steve View Post
    Did you miss the part about the proposed buyer ended up not being the buyer and said "I am not the buyer, I am representing a buyer". Someone pulling that crap at that last moment is not being truthful. That sounds shady to me..and would make me probably walk from the deal. BTW, $2K is not a few bucks either. Until the firm deposit is in my hand, we dont have a real deal, and until collected funds are in my bank account, we dont have an official deal. I have bought and sold tons of cars over the years (13 audis)...and I have lots of good and bad experiences to draw upon to make decisions on. I trust nyimola, and actually know him from other forums for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhfosu View Post
    The seller has been jerked around by tire kickers for 4 months. The buyer in question was "firm" at $25k. Seller found a buyer willing to pay his MUCH LOWERED asking price and put money down. Don't act like $2k is nothing, and don't act like you'd turn it down. Sorry you feel like your buddy got screwed bc he is a "down to earth Audi guy", but this is a business transaction, not a charity. The deal didn't turn sour; the seller found a better deal. I don't know how you can fault him. You guys are talking like he walked over your mother's body to pick up a nickle.

I just bought a car to replace my totaled A4. Know what I did? I worked out a deal over the phone, and sent the guy a $500 deposit through paypal immediately. I have a deal with the seller. This buyer didn't have a deal.
    Well said, the seller is a good guy and he did the absolutely right thing, good on him for selling his pristine car to the first genuine person who put money down on it.

The only shady thing was the "negotiator" who acted like he was the one buying the car, but then at the last moment only mentioned his friend would be buying the car. That's not the right way to handle a car purchase and especially to a standup guy like nyimola.
    Current: 12 VW Golf-R, Rising Blue
    Former: 03 S8, Ming Blue
    Former: 08 GTi, 4dr DSG
    Current: 06 Mazda NC MX-5 many mods
    Former: 03 B6 A4 Avant 1.8TQ
    Former: 00 B5 A4 1.8TQM J31-K04
    Former: 04.5 Euro Passat PD TDI

Original PDX
    V1.0 Member since 02/24/2002
    Matrix Integrated**

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I don't really think either party acted shady in this case, it just went down how it went down.

If I were the $25k no-money-down-yet offer and I got a text that said "Sorry, it just sold for $27k", my first thought would be "Sh!t, I shouldn't have pushed it on the low-balling", not "YOU SUCK!"
    Last edited by gallag4; 01-24-2019 at 08:20 AM.

Senior Member Three Rings cincyadam's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I'm gonna have to agree with the seller here. I had a similar story a few years ago selling my A4 sedan. You can talk all you want over text, but until I have a deposit or cash in hand there is no sale. I also didn't hear from said buyer for three days after we agreed on a price. I sold it to someone else who showed up with cash. Then I get texts saying I'm shady and it's bad business, etc etc. Money talks no doubt. People are fucking cheap.

Established Member Two Rings thesecretkode's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I understand if people interpreted my original reaction as rash, but are wrong to believe it was unfounded.

The potential buyer in question is genuinely one of the most down to earth people I’ve ever met. His intention was never to cheap out or disrespect the seller in any way, he was only looking for a good deal.

I am planning on speaking on his behalf because in all honesty, if I were in his position I’d be afraid to speak out on a platform as toxic as this thread. Furthermore, the sketchiness of the seller should not

This is what he wrote to me:

“People are supporting him without knowing the full story. I don't want to leave it like that. I want people to know his shady shit.

Even though the seller said 3 days worth of texts, it's actually 2 months of texting.

After 2 months, seller says waiting for a local buyer, needs 2 more days. Car was supposed to go be picked up the weekend before, but seller says waiting for buyer to respond by Monday 5 pm. Car is yours if he doesn't respond .

On Monday, seller confirms, Car is yours if you want it and it chesks out. Don't see any reason why it wouldn't check out. Either day this weekend works. Will get you details of meeting location and payment shortly.

VIN above, will be removing reg/plates shortly, so you will need.

Consulting lawyer friends since I have not done this in a while. Most are telling wire transfer. Most are telling wire transfer, but that's not immediate. Would not expect to transfer anything before seeing the car.

Thinking of you meet me at Sat am. Will go over the car, bank is 7 miles away. I'll get a ride or grab a second car.

After an the, he sells the car to another buyer and people say he's a stand up guy. Go figure.”

My friend has been interested in this car since November, when he found it here on Audizine. And I have text evidence to prove it.

Now if you were in my friend’s position, would you feel comfortable transferring a deposit to someone who exhibits this level of shadiness? I sure wouldn’t.

If you decide to ignore all of what I just said and keep believing whatever you want to believe, go right ahead. But you are willing to take something away from this message please let it be this: listen to the whole story before jumping to conclusions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Present:
    '07 RS4 - Mugello Blue
    [kw v3/jhm 91/hotchkis f+r sways/adv.1 adv.10 mv1/xpel/40% tints/tubi rumore/apikol rear diff mount/034 torque, engine, trans mounts]
    Past:
    '18 S5 Sportback - Glacier White
    '06 S4 25quattro - Avus Silver

IG: rs.kode
    Club: Audi Sport Boston

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by thesecretkode View Post

The potential buyer in question is genuinely one of the most down to earth people I’ve ever met...he was only looking for a deal.
    Let's move on and get him in an RS4 then...There's one at Audi Westwood. $23.5k with 80k miles, Ti package, Daytona Gray.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Audizine mobile app
    2007 RS4 Lava Gray - 034/Akipol Mounts, JHM SS, SportShifter, 10mm MTM Spacers (Red Reflections CF Trim)
    ???

Past: C7 Grand Sport, S550 Mustang GT, B8.5 S4, 981 Cayman, MK7 GTI, e46 323Ci
    IG: @russ.cars

Veteran Member Four Rings Fourplay's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by CarterRuss View Post
    Let's move on and get him in an RS4 then...There's one at Audi Westwood. $23.5k with 80k miles, Ti package, Daytona Gray.

Lol was just about to come in here and post this car. Steal.
    Past:
    2008 RS4 Mugello w/Ti Package | 2007 RS4 Avus Silver (ex-Audi Corporate) | 2008 RS4 Avus Silver w/Exclusive Package
    B6 S4 Avant 6MT Dolphin Grey
    B5 S4 Avant 6MT Laser Red Stage 3+
    B5 S4 Sedan 6MT Silver Stage 1

Established Member Two Rings thesecretkode's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by CarterRuss View Post

Yup! Saw that a few days ago. He’s taking a look at it today.

Present:
    '07 RS4 - Mugello Blue
    [kw v3/jhm 91/hotchkis f+r sways/adv.1 adv.10 mv1/xpel/40% tints/tubi rumore/apikol rear diff mount/034 torque, engine, trans mounts]
    Past:
    '18 S5 Sportback - Glacier White
    '06 S4 25quattro - Avus Silver

IG: rs.kode
    Club: Audi Sport Boston

Veteran Member Four Rings rhfosu's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Looks nice and priced right...at a DEALER no less...
    "I don't understand Audi enthusiasts. They buy a car that looks like a bar of soap, then they spend money modifying it so it looks slightly less like a bar of soap."

Veteran Member Four Rings WinterRunner's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    09' DG R8 4.2 18' Q3 BO S+ 03' Forester XS 5spd.

Better color too! Daytona is the best color ever. Plus it's local, at a dealer and not with some shadeball.
    09' R8 Daytona/CF 4.2 V8
    ~Avior exhaust & black tips~LEDs~10mm Spulen spacers~OEM euro mirrors~CF S-wheel~
    ~FeynLab ceramic~Xpel'd~35%Tints~Black rings/grille~3 pedals~No questions asked~

Past:
    08' Daytona/Ti RS4 (dearly missed)
    05.5' Dolphin S4

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by WinterRunner View Post
    Better color too! Daytona is the best color ever. Plus it's local, at a dealer and not with some shadeball.
    I agree on the color. Red says "over here, officer", but it was a great color on the RS4.

I still maintain seller is not a "shadeball". Guy thought his car was worth $40k originally. He has taken obsessive care of it, and obviously loved it. He's selling it for some reason; maybe he needs the cash, who knows. He was forced, over the course of 4 months, to come to grips with reality and lower his price to $27k, and had to deal with all sorts of time wasters and tire kickers. Your boy beat him down another $2k, and he reluctantly accepted with no other buyers in sight. Then, out of the blue, another buyer drops $2k in his lap. Does that suck for your boy? Yes. But a lot of guys would have done the same thing. Maybe that extra 2 Gs covers the mortgage this month. The points others made, including myself, are still valid...if you can talk a guy into an offer you are comfortable with, you get him a deposit. INSIST on a deposit. Immediately. Do it through paypal, and pay the fees, so you are protected if you think a seller is shady. But nonetheless, $2K is nothing to sneeze at, and without a deposit, there wasn't a deal.
    "I don't understand Audi enthusiasts. They buy a car that looks like a bar of soap, then they spend money modifying it so it looks slightly less like a bar of soap."

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

This is too entertaining to delete. I in fact did not agree to a sale with the buyer, text or otherwise. I agreed with someone else who turned out not to be the buyer. Regardless, after being burned on no less than 10 firm offers for the car, money talks. I had payment wire in full 3 hours after I received the offer. That's how you do business, not texting and handing off to someone.

Are AZ buyer and negotiator good honest people, probably, seems like it. Scam artists come across just as good, no way for someone to know other than a deposit and/ or payment.

Car is sold.

Senior Member Three Rings jnabeel's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Specialized Stumpjumper Expert Carbon 29er

This is too entertaining to delete. I in fact did not agree to a sale with the buyer, text or otherwise. I agreed with someone else who turned out not to be the buyer. Regardless, after being burned on no less than 10 firm offers for the car, money talks. I had payment wire in full 3 hours after I received the offer. That's how you do business, not texting and handing off to someone.

Are AZ buyer and negotiator good honest people, probably, seems like it. Scam artists come across just as good, no way for someone to know other than a deposit and/ or payment.

Car is sold.
    Congrats on your sale! I agree with you, so many digital looky lou's, tire kickers, I sold my RS4 on here last year—so many people waste time, etc. Money talks! Bullsh-- walks! Ha ha.
    2015 SQ5 Glacier White with Black Optics Package
    2008 RS4, Avus Silver, Ti Package (Sold)
    2014 S4 Monsoon Gray, black optics pakcage (Sold)
    2006 S4 25 Quattro Edition (Sold)
    1976 Audi Fox (Sold)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstallion View Post
    So this sold with a 2 infront of it? Not too shabby considering it started at 40k
    The key is to price your car at a price that fits what the market will bring. My gauge is 30 days. If you cant sell the car in 30 days, something is wrong. With cars like these its often the price. If you want to sell something, you need to be willing to take what money that is on the table.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by txpd View Post
    The key is to price your car at a price that fits what the market will bring. My gauge is 30 days. If you cant sell the car in 30 days, something is wrong. With cars like these its often the price. If you want to sell something, you need to be willing to take what money that is on the table.
    The market on these totally collapsed starting in August. $32-35k cars stopped selling and then became $27-28k car as a result. No change in mileage or condition, just the buyers dried up. Unsure if it's a seasonal thing or a greater RS4 market thing.
    Past:
    2008 RS4 Mugello w/Ti Package | 2007 RS4 Avus Silver (ex-Audi Corporate) | 2008 RS4 Avus Silver w/Exclusive Package

Senior Member Three Rings jnabeel's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Specialized Stumpjumper Expert Carbon 29er

It is a perceived age thing, people not wanting, to pay 30k+ for a 11/12 year old car—regardless of mileage.
    2015 SQ5 Glacier White with Black Optics Package
    2008 RS4, Avus Silver, Ti Package (Sold)
    2014 S4 Monsoon Gray, black optics pakcage (Sold)
    2006 S4 25 Quattro Edition (Sold)
    1976 Audi Fox (Sold)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jnabeel View Post
    It is a perceived age thing, people not wanting, to pay 30k+ for a 11/12 year old car—regardless of mileage.
    I don't think so. People were paying $30-35k for 2007/2008 RS4s with 60-70k miles in June and July 2018. I sold an '07 with 60k miles for $32.5k in early August.

Nyimola and I listed our cars in August, so it's not like the cars were suddenly much older, there was just no longer a market.
    Past:

Established Member Two Rings miamifan13's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 S4, 2003 Cobra vert, 1993 LX 5.0, K7 GSX-R1000

That car was perfect in every way....meticulously cared for. That's what counts with these cars. To be dicking around for 2-3 days and not put a deposit down is pathetic. These cars might not sell quick, but when they do its usually a quick transaction. This car was in my back yard...had I had a garage bay available it would have been gone months ago.

AZ Member #

wouldnt this imply that the car is not "prefect" :/

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Supply/ demand, nothing more. Fluctuates drastically in a niche market. I did not NEED the money, but have no use for the car with my lifestyle and horrendously destroyed roads. The car literally was freaking perfect, and can say that honestly as it is not in my hands any longer. Lol at anyone trying to save $2k on this car if they had come to see it. Buyer, who is also a detailer, sent me pics of how he could not get the foamed soap to stick whatsoever because of how slick the finish is. He was shocked at the condition, and how professionally the car was turned over.

Veteran Member Four Rings R&Cs4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Supply/ demand, nothing more. Fluctuates drastically in a niche market. I did not NEED the money, but have no use for the car with my lifestyle and horrendously destroyed roads. The car literally was freaking perfect, and can say that honestly as it is not in my hands any longer. Lol at anyone trying to save $2k on this car if they had come to see it. Buyer, who is also a detailer, sent me pics of how he could not get the foamed soap to stick whatsoever because of how slick the finish is. He was shocked at the condition, and how professionally the car was turned over.
    Who did your detailing by the way? Someone in Westchester?

Dolphin S4 Cabriolet
    Misano RS4

IG @this_is_r0b

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by R&Cs4 View Post
    Who did your detailing by the way? Someone in Westchester?
    He did. He is a part-time detailer as mentioned in the original post.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123