Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

02 Allroad spongy brake pedal

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Pads and rotors are good. I've gravity bled the system multiple times but the brake pedal stays soft and spongy. Recommendations on what to do next?

Veteran Member Four Rings Audibot's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Maybe an issue with brake booster?
    2016 A6 TDI Prestige - S-Line, Black Optics, Driver Assistance, HUD, LED Headlights, Cold Weather, Warm Weather
    2003 allroad 6MT - STUKLR Stage 1, Hotchkis sway bars, RS4 engine mounts, Apikol rear diff mounts

Veteran Member Four Rings PaperToast's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Quadzilla

i think there is a vacuum line that helps with the booster
    check that for cracks/breaks/leaks
    Rockin' the Rockies
    '01 allroad, 240k woot woot, still boosting on original turbos and tippy, slightly more modified. . .

Scotty@Advanced, "Push it off a cliff, when it hits the ground you should have a few thousand horsepower available for a brief second."

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

in addition to normal bleeding of the brake system you also need to bleed EPS pump which is only doable with VAG-COM/VCDS or equivalent tool (Xtool for example). Using the tool you can direct ABS module to engage the pump and bleed any residual air trapped in there.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Yep. Got to do this to mine yet. I see that the Bentley also says to do a weird bleeding order, RF, LF, RR, LR is the correct order on this car.