Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

2014 sound system upgrade - stock amp sub roll-off at high volumes?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I知 about to start upgrading the factory sound system on my 2014 A4 (3G+ MMI with NAV, non-B&O) and already have most of the equipment I need from a previous Passat upgrade. I知 not going down the MOST bus path and know I値l need a line out converter, and I知 looking at either the AudioControl LC6i or LC7i based on feedback I've seen here and elsewhere. Does anyone know if the stock amp rolls off the output to the factory sub at higher volumes? If not I don稚 need the bass restoration feature of the LC7i.

Established Member Two Rings Joe'sS6's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Does your car come with a factory amplifier? If it does, it is most likely that it also does roll off the bass at higher volumes.

I would reconsider going down the MOST bus path, for that is the only way to get complete integration and good sound quality.
    2016 S6, Tornado Grey / Black Alcantara, EPL ECU+TCM S1 Tunes, 50% Ceramic Tint.

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Thanks for the feedback. It does have the factory amp but I don't spend nearly enough time in the car to justify the expense of the MOST bus interface, and usually listen to streamed music anyway. If that changes I can always flog the line-out converter and pick up an interface.