Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Help a freezing engine out!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi all!

Working on to get my aux-heater to also warm up the whole engine.
    I'm trying to turn off N279 with OBDeleven, which at the moment is enabled in my Audi A6 3.0 (4F) Allroad. Its a shut-off valve that keeps the coolant in a closed loop and only heats the cabin instead of the engine + cabin.
    So, I have found all sorts of codes and procedures that works with VCDS. For example:

Select STG 18 (auxiliary / heating)
    STG coding -> function 07
    00? Xx: shut-off valve for coolant -N279-
    0 - no shut-off valve -N279- installed
    1 - Shut-off valve -N279- installed (standard)

The thing is, when I select 18 in OBDeleven, and select coding, my code is a seven digit number, in my case 0000111. Tried to change the first 1 to 0 (which is supposed to turn N279 off) but still no luck.

Anyone who can help a frozen engine out?
    Last edited by JohannesB; 10-07-2018 at 11:42 AM.

Veteran Member Four Rings christianb5s4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Have you checked solutions out like this? These are some of the best out there but obviously you need to have electricity (plug) to connect these to.

https://wolverineheater.com/collecti...s-light-trucks
    Imola 2001 Stage 3 S4: 312K - 2.4sec FATs - Completely Refreshed/Built Motor - SRM K24s w/ Custom Turbosmart wastegates - Clutchmasters Stage 4 - Etspec - Cinesnow WG/Oil Lines - SRM V3 Intercoolers - AA built trans - 4:1 Diff - JHM Trio - 034 - H&R Coilovers - FCP - Bosch Motorsports - OZ Racing - SRM/SSAC exhaust - Tons of New OEM parts

2009 C6.5 A6 3.0T Prestige - stock, daily driver

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Thanks Chris for a great tip! It is a good alternative since I don't have to burn any fuel or drain the battery, and it's better for the environment in general. My only concern is how to install it proper so that the cabling looks good. Have you installed one yourself?

Veteran Member Four Rings christianb5s4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have a friend who lives in the mountain and runs the Model 16 - 250 Watt version, albeit on his B5 S4 (the most popular model it seems). He says it works great and really requires little skill to install. You can then route the wiring and plug through the bumper so you can plug it in when the car's parked and not have to have the hood popped or open it to connect it to power.
    Imola 2001 Stage 3 S4: 312K - 2.4sec FATs - Completely Refreshed/Built Motor - SRM K24s w/ Custom Turbosmart wastegates - Clutchmasters Stage 4 - Etspec - Cinesnow WG/Oil Lines - SRM V3 Intercoolers - AA built trans - 4:1 Diff - JHM Trio - 034 - H&R Coilovers - FCP - Bosch Motorsports - OZ Racing - SRM/SSAC exhaust - Tons of New OEM parts

2009 C6.5 A6 3.0T Prestige - stock, daily driver