Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Coil packs for 2.6L

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi all, new to the page, was just wondering what possible coil pack upgrades Iíd be able to do, I have a 2.6L V6 and I thought maybe the 2.7L or 2.8L coilpacks would be a possible upgrade.

Cheers.

Veteran Member Four Rings Nollywood's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 Avant 420-R, Toyota Runx 1.4 16V

Wrong forum to request B5 2.6 V6 12V (ABC) engine assistance, seeing as this engine was never an option in North America.

Itís possible to do a coil-on-plug converter on the 2.6 engine, though youíll have to work out the wiring. This conversion has been performed on the 2.8 30V motor, to my knowledge, it hasnít been done on the 12V engine. I doubt there would be much benefit.

The 2.8L coilpack wonít be an upgrade either, as the 2.8 12/30V coilpack is the same as fitted to the 2.6 12V.

The wiring harness modification to run a coil-on-plug set-up on your engine may not be worth the cost and effort. Iím not one for trying to reinvent the wheel, but a more worthy power boost will be by swapping in a 1998 2.8 V6 30V motor. Cheap to buy, with harness and ECU.

A 43hp / 55Nm increase Vs a 12V COP conversion that may either yield zero increase, or produce a minor increase on paper, that may not be noticeable in daily driving.
    2003 B6 Audi A4 Avant Quattro Sport | 3.0 V6 | 6MT | Denim Blue Pearl | B6 S4 ďBlack OptikĒ Grille | Votex Kit | Black Leather - Part Out.

2012 B7 Seat Exeo ST Sport Tech | 2.0 TDI 170 | 6MT | Phantom Black Pearl | LED DRLís | Bi-Xenons | AFS | LED Tails | LED RNS-E | AUX / iPod Input | Black Leather | Multi-Function Steering Wheel | Rear PDC.

2002 Toyota Runx |1.4L DOHC 16V Auto.