Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1.8T Vanagon, KTM530, CB550

Anyone done their jhm flash?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Iím in Tacoma and am having a hard time flashing my b7. I bought a cheap pc for the job, but I think itís too much of a pile....
    If I could get a bit of help Iíll get pizza and beers
    Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Four Rings jareds941's Avatar
    AZ Member #

My suggestion is to NOT put the JHM flash on your car if you care about the longterm health...I'm sure it makes the most power. But it also is going to be overly aggressive with the timing.
    Mine: 2014 Glacier White S4
    Hers: 2016 Daytona Gray SQ5

Previous:
    2014 Glacier White SQ5
    2008 Daytona RS4

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Meh. Maintenance your car property and you shouldnít have a problem. Read their product page. They seem to have spent the most time refining b7 tunes out of most of the big name b7 tuners. I personally have stage 2 with test pipe and itís quite fast. 19psi peak in third 18 psi in every other gear. Spools at like 3300 and hits hard from 3700-6000 ko3 falls short of redline lol.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

And email thier support. Theyíre great. I had similar problems with installing drivers and something else.

Veteran Member Four Rings jareds941's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by TTGZDOG View Post
    Meh. Maintenance your car property and you shouldnít have a problem. Read their product page. They seem to have spent the most time refining b7 tunes out of most of the big name b7 tuners. I personally have stage 2 with test pipe and itís quite fast. 19psi peak in third 18 psi in every other gear. Spools at like 3300 and hits hard from 3700-6000 ko3 falls short of redline lol.

What is your car? Are you supercharged? I'm talking about an NA tune...to get much out of it, you have to be pretty aggressive. Just the way it works with NA.
    Mine: 2014 Glacier White S4
    Hers: 2016 Daytona Gray SQ5

Previous:
    2014 Glacier White SQ5
    2008 Daytona RS4

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1.8T Vanagon, KTM530, CB550

Iíve already got the tune. I went back and forth for quite a while, but figured with so many people happy, the internet couldnít be wrong. Plus Iíve got lots of other jhm stuff Iím totally happy with. My motor has been rebuilt recently, and I take pretty good care of it, so Iím not too worried. I just donít have a decent pc is my only issue (Mac household). I bought a cheap laptop for vcds which it works for, I just canít get anything else to work on it and donít want to buy another pc just to install this tune.