Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Question Jerking downshift when accelerating quickly

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hello all, I know that this is a common thread, but I haven't found anything that has to do with a 2015 a4 (new to the site). I have a 2015 a4 2.0t 8sp automatic with 33k miles. I just got the car a month ago and it recently started shifting rough. When I accelerate quickly from a slow speed (20 mph or so) or from a stop, there is a hesitation, then it jerks fairly violently and starts accelerating quickly. Then when I level the speed, it shifts back up with a less noticable but definite thump. It seems to happen in the range of gears 2-3-4 and the rest of the gears seem to shift just fine. It is especially noticable when the acceleration is from full throttle and less pronounced from say 50% throttle. I am able to avoid the jerking if accelerating slowly. I am driving it in dynamic, but I will try comfort/auto tomorrow. Any ideas on what it might be? I just want to know some potential issues before I go into the dealer to get it checked out.

Active Member Two Rings rey_reysA7's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '84 VW GTi

I've been doing a lot of research on my as well. i have a hard down shift from 3-2 but only going down. There are some o-rings and square rings inside the bottom of the transmission that leak causing the hesitation or delay.
    search youtube for shoplifetv . he shows the zf6hp - 6 speed trans. im sure you got the same as me ZF8ph.
    Current Cars 2012 Audi A7 1984 VW Rabbit GTI
    Sold Cars '78 Rabbit '87 Scirocco '99.5 Jetta 2.0 '00 Jetta VR6