Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: New 3 Series

Established Member Two Rings Southern's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Question New 3 Series

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Does this entice you to consider a change in the near future? I really like the front (in M-sport form only) and like the interior, but detest the rear.

2018 | Daytona Gray | Premium Plus | Nav | B & O | Nappa leather | navigation package | sport package

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

Not a bad looking car by any means. I do not like the bumper covers, hate the notch in the lamps, the rear screams Lexus and the interior looks like what I'd imagine you'd see in a new Avalon. That said, I'm sure it's gonna be a great car to drive.
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

Veteran Member Four Rings Audibot's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Interior looks a lot like my B9 A4 loaner. Hate hate HATE that rear diffuser area, and the exhaust tip bulges.
    2016 A6 TDI Prestige - S-Line, Black Optics, Driver Assistance, HUD, LED Headlights, Cold Weather, Warm Weather
    2003 allroad 6MT - STUKLR Stage 1, Hotchkis sway bars, RS4 engine mounts, Apikol rear diff mounts

Established Member Two Rings hamzahj's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Similar to the new base camaro some things don’t look great, but with the m3 some of that will hopefully change just like it did with the ss 1le

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Four Rings RWD2quattro's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Lexus IS250, Volvo 850R, Ford tractor

Hideous..
    2014 S4, Audi Exclusive DRM, 6MT, 034 Stage 2+ E40 (3.385), AMS Cooler, AEM meth kit (750cc), Autotech HPFP, ADV. 1 wheels, BlownOne Ported Throttle-body, CR-15, CF low kick spoiler, Deval CF, Jokerz Ported blower, JHM LWFW/3R, Eurocode goodies, KW V3, ST6 BBK, USP SS clutch line, XPEL full wrap.
    Gone: 2012 S4 Brilliant Black, Prestige, S-tragic.

Established Member Two Rings Audi_Andrew19's Avatar
    AZ Member #

New 3 Series

Front is nice, rear looks like a Lexus IS and ends too abruptly but will probably warm up to it. Want to see what the M3 will look like. Still think the B9’s are a more compelling package. Will probably drive better than C class and the B9’s though.

Established Member Two Rings Yabi's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Prius 5

I’m sure it’s a beautiful car for some, it’s just not my cup of tea.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 Audi S4

Nobody on here wanted to even mention those taillights are straight from Audi design house.

Sent from a misfiring cylinder
    14' RS5 incoming...

2018 Audi S4 (wifemobile) -Navarra Blue/Black Optics/Virtual Cockpit/Carbon inlays -Mods coming soon..

@FlawlessFinishAuto
    @Driven_Not_Hidden

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

I think it looks great. BMW does “plain but good looking” cars really well.

Established Member Two Rings Nez136's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Front end actually looks great, the back end looks kinda frumpy. But my bias mind will say the same thing since I was young... every rich daddy’s girl owns a 3 series 🤣

'11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Established Member Two Rings wam22's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I am excited for the technology in this car with idrive 7.0. I was able to play around with a 19 X5 the other day and it was pretty impressive since you can customize the entire screen and everything works flawlessly. Audi needs to revisit the MMI system if they want to stay competitive with technology. Also if BMW adds AWD to the M3 I think that will be my next car, but they probably will not.
    B9 S5 Coupe l Daytona Gray with Magma Red Nappa Leather
    AWE Custom Track Exhaust l DTUK Tuning Box l Hartmann Wheels l 034 Rear Sway Bar l 034 Front Strut Brace l K&N Cold Air Intake l EMD RS Grille
    Past: B8 A5 with APR Stage 1 Tune
    Former Audi Sales/Current BMW Sales

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Two Rings Aaron@DTP's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I'm withholding judgement until I see the M3 as that's most likely my next car. I'll do a back to back on the RS5-SB and the M3 and make a call from there.
    DT Power - Official US distributor for DTE Systems

Active Member Two Rings thermobryan's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Nope! Looks like garbage!

Veteran Member Four Rings vdubjetta02's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I love it. I think Audi's keep getting more boring looking. With exception to RS cars

I continue to own Audi's, I just think BMW has more aggressive front ends
    CURRENT:
    APR - B8 A4 Avant
    2008 - 4Runner

AZ Member #

Agreed with a lot of the comments here. My more detailed observations:

- The front end is aggressive in M-sport format. I like the notch with the headlights, since it makes the 3 more distinguishable from the 5. I also like the functional air intakes. Laser lights? Yea, that's a neat option too.
    - The rear. A big hell no. Sure I drive from the inside, but still...no. Maybe an aftermarket diffuser would help. A more evolutionary, instead of revolutionary, re-design of the tail lamps would've been just fine. To those calling it Lexus-like, you're spot on.
    - The interior. I like the continued integration of the NAV screen, it's also simplistic, which I like.
    - Engine. The weight savings and power bump is also nice. I'm sure the performance will be great.

Since the RS4 is likely never coming to the States, the G20 M3 is definitely on my radar once it drops.
    2018 | Daytona Gray | Premium Plus | Nav | B & O | Nappa leather | navigation package | sport package

Veteran Member Four Rings will13k7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

my only styling complaint would be the front end, that fog light area is ugly, and I've never liked the kidney grill (yuck!). bmw keeps getting better with their interiors though, and it looks good from the side and rear. since we don't get the sedan rs4 here, I always consider the m3, but can't force myself to look past the styling, I much prefer Audi's clean and understated styling.

Established Member Two Rings JD23's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The rear reminds me a little too much of this.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JD23 View Post

The rear reminds me a little too much of this.
    Interesting. I see more GS tail lamp than IS:

AZ Member #

Aside from the tail lights being the same color and in the same location I don't see how they look like IS at all. They don't look like the GS lights either.

AZ Member #

What's the performance like? Are you guys more interested in the look of the car or what it's capable of?

Established Member Two Rings F80Dreamer's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The M340 has been tested in the low 4’s for 0-60 which matches the current gen M3/M4. The new M3/M4 is going to be a beast.
    2018 S4 — current ride
    2017 M3 — sold
    2012 M3 — sold
    2015 GTI — sold
    2015 Mustang — sold
    2011 335is — sold

Veteran Member Four Rings will13k7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by wootwoot View Post
    Are you guys more interested in the look of the car or what it's capable of?
    more interested in looks here, all these cars in this category handle great and are fast enough for me, especially after a few minor mods.

AZ Member #

What's the performance like? Are you guys more interested in the look of the car or what it's capable of?
    382 HP for the M340i xDrive. It's going to be an impressive car.

AZ Member #

At this point no one outside of the developers and testers can objectively review the performance. But given the lighter weight and more powerful engine I'd have to assume that it'll still be a heck of a performer.

AZ Member #

I think I read that BMW is claiming a 0-60 time of 4.2 seconds for the M340i xDrive.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

First, I need Android Auto.

Second, the car must have a spare tire - any kind. I won't buy a car with run flats.

I don't think the new 3 series can offer these two prerequisites.

Active Member Two Rings mr.memeyogirl's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by wam22 View Post
    I am excited for the technology in this car with idrive 7.0. I was able to play around with a 19 X5 the other day and it was pretty impressive since you can customize the entire screen and everything works flawlessly. Audi needs to revisit the MMI system if they want to stay competitive with technology. Also if BMW adds AWD to the M3 I think that will be my next car, but they probably will not.
    I feel like they might considering the new M5 is AWD, and alot of the AMGs now are AWD as well
    2018 Audi S4 Premium Plus- Glacier White/Magma Red
    Instagram: asaptowelie (personal) corsadesignofficial (business) - Follow Me