Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings samwisemueller's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '18 Tiguan

DC/MD/VA Area owners with Milltek or AWE exhausts

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey all, I am looking to pick up an exhaust system soon and wondered if anyone in the area would mind doing a meetup so I can hear your aftermarket exhaust in person. I'm considering the Milltek non-resonated and may consider the Borla that just came out also, which I'm sure nobody has yet. I also wouldn't mind hearing an AWE exhaust, but I have to say they're probably lower on my personal preference list.

Anyway, hopefully someone out there is game!

Thanks!

Senior Member Three Rings S4_Pedro's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have AWE I have some video on my Instagram if you listen with headphones you can get a much better idea Iím located in NJ a little far from those states unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '18 Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by S4_Pedro View Post
    I have AWE I have some video on my Instagram if you listen with headphones you can get a much better idea Iím located in NJ a little far from those states unfortunately

Thanks Pedro, car looks great, I think the Track exhaust would be a little outside of what I'm looking for, my 6th gen Camaro before this was a bit obnoxious and the C7Z06 I had before that was even moreso. The S4 was my return to 'adulthood' in cars and I don't want to go too deep down the 'because racecar' rabbit hole if you catch my drift.

How do you like it for normal driving around town and on the highway? Do you get any drone? Do you regret not having the functionality of valves to change up the system? More specifically, now that the money has been spent, would you pay an extra $800-1000 or so to trade for a switchpath or a Milltek that has valves?

Thanks!

Senior Member Three Rings S4_Pedro's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by samwisemueller View Post
    Thanks Pedro, car looks great, I think the Track exhaust would be a little outside of what I'm looking for, my 6th gen Camaro before this was a bit obnoxious and the C7Z06 I had before that was even moreso. The S4 was my return to 'adulthood' in cars and I don't want to go too deep down the 'because racecar' rabbit hole if you catch my drift.

How do you like it for normal driving around town and on the highway? Do you get any drone? Do you regret not having the functionality of valves to change up the system? More specifically, now that the money has been spent, would you pay an extra $800-1000 or so to trade for a switchpath or a Milltek that has valves?

Thanks!
    Honestly I got use to it the drone it is def there. There is no denying that or beating around it haha cruising on highway 70- 80 itís not to bad. it is just the build up till you get past that drone spot that is annoying. To be honest yes I kind wish I did have the function of the valves for sure I may do something in the future with my stock mufflers and be able to switch between the two. I feel itís Worth the money in the long run. But if you are just looking for some noise but not to much I think the touring would be a good fit for you but then again every now and then youíd have the urge to be louder so valves would be a plus in that. For milltek I can not speak on them I have heard many milltek exhausts in the b8 they sound really good also Iím sure they are just as good as AWE it all depends on your taste and funds of course. I choose AWE base on the reputation they have with many cars but thatís just my opinion both are very good companyís. But I think you have my vote on valves for sure especially if you do a HFC in the future.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '18 Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by S4_Pedro View Post
    Honestly I got use to it the drone it is def there. There is no denying that or beating around it haha cruising on highway 70- 80 itís not to bad. it is just the build up till you get past that drone spot that is annoying. To be honest yes I kind wish I did have the function of the valves for sure I may do something in the future with my stock mufflers and be able to switch between the two. I feel itís Worth the money in the long run. But if you are just looking for some noise but not to much I think the touring would be a good fit for you but then again every now and then youíd have the urge to be louder so valves would be a plus in that. For milltek I can not speak on them I have heard many milltek exhausts in the b8 they sound really good also Iím sure they are just as good as AWE it all depends on your taste and funds of course. I choose AWE base on the reputation they have with many cars but thatís just my opinion both are very good companyís. But I think you have my vote on valves for sure especially if you do a HFC in the future.

Great feedback, thank you! Remus is supposed to release their system before SEMA so I may hold off on anything until then to see what is available after the dust settles. I think I'll try to retain the valves on whatever I go with.