Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Decisions 2018 s5 SB vs 2019

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I have located a dealer lot s5 2018 for a great price. Itís prestige, still good deal despite the ridiculous 2% RV hit. I donít really care about HUD or too view and it doesnít have DAP. Other than that would be my exact spec (prefer p+).

Or I wait for 2019 p+ and get black optics. Color would be Florett silver think the BO really sets it off. The issue, I HATE the 20 ďrefreshedĒ rotors (also 20s in manhattan isnít ideal) Itís a lease and I never could stomach 2000-5000 for after market wheels. Has anyone convinced a deal to swap the non BO wheels on any of their deals (b8-b9)? I want the Cavo, think they work much better in the SB.

After market BO is just way to expensive and I donít want to wrap. Any help is appreciated.

Veteran Member Four Rings Jimmy ny's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Order what you like. Black optics good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 TTS. Mythos Black w/ Nappa Red interior. APR 1, AFE Intake

Veteran Member Four Rings Audibot's Avatar
    AZ Member #

That 2019 sounds like a great deal. My A6 has a HUD which was a bonus since I mainly purchased based on the DAP and CW packages.

Since I have both HUD and DAP, I find it's now habit for me to look for and expect the HUD, as it displays a lot of good information in front of me. Enough to make me turn it back on not too long after turning it off. The HUD does require more expensive windshield and replacement requires a $500 alignment and calibration. So if you don't have glass coverage, something to keep in mind. Btw, polarized sunglasses will screen out the HUD display.

If you are going to sit in a lot of traffic, the Driver Assistance Package is SOOOO nice to have. Almost just set it and forget it. I deal with Baltimore-DC traffic daily and it's a godsend. So that would be my choice if I were in your shoes.

W.r.t. the BO wheels, you may be able to talk to the dealer and see if you can get them swapped for non-BO wheels (I mean, it IS a more expensive option). I don't think it'd change the price but I'm sure they could work with you, especially in NYC. 20s aren't ideal here in MD either--I just got a bubble in a tire a couple days ago-- but with the right suspension, it's actually a lot nicer than I had expected going in.

Best of luck with whichever you choose!
    2016 A6 TDI Prestige - S-Line, Black Optics, Driver Assistance, HUD, LED Headlights, Cold Weather, Warm Weather
    2003 allroad 6MT - STUKLR Stage 1, Hotchkis sway bars, RS4 engine mounts, Apikol rear diff mounts

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Audibot View Post
    That 2019 sounds like a great deal. My A6 has a HUD which was a bonus since I mainly purchased based on the DAP and CW packages.

Since I have both HUD and DAP, I find it's now habit for me to look for and expect the HUD, as it displays a lot of good information in front of me. Enough to make me turn it back on not too long after turning it off. The HUD does require more expensive windshield and replacement requires a $500 alignment and calibration. So if you don't have glass coverage, something to keep in mind. Btw, polarized sunglasses will screen out the HUD display.

If you are going to sit in a lot of traffic, the Driver Assistance Package is SOOOO nice to have. Almost just set it and forget it. I deal with Baltimore-DC traffic daily and it's a godsend. So that would be my choice if I were in your shoes.

W.r.t. the BO wheels, you may be able to talk to the dealer and see if you can get them swapped for non-BO wheels (I mean, it IS a more expensive option). I don't think it'd change the price but I'm sure they could work with you, especially in NYC. 20s aren't ideal here in MD either--I just got a bubble in a tire a couple days ago-- but with the right suspension, it's actually a lot nicer than I had expected going in.

Best of luck with whichever you choose!

Thanks for your response and input! To be clear the prestige is a 2018 without driver assistance. So it has less info on the HUD and no DAP make it far less attractive. The offer is 730 a month on a 65950 msrp prestige (36/7,500) works out to 9.4% off msrp and 1500 in rebates (loyalty and lease credit)

The 2019 would be a custom order p+ But with my preferred BO option, no pricing but I canít see not being able to get a 2019 p+ for 730-750 a month. My hesitation here would be the 20 rotors. I read that they are made by BBS, can anyone confirm? This would (idk why) sway me into liking them a bit more honestly.

TLDR- the only reason I would get the 2018 prestige would be the preference of Cavo, not the hud.

Source of bbs info from another Audi forum.

ďI believe the 20" OEM option rotor design wheel, not (yet) available in the North American market, is made by BBS. So maybe they, and Audi Sport (this is an Audi Sport design), agree with youĒ

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Pfr0g View Post
    Thanks for your response and input! To be clear the prestige is a 2018 without driver assistance. So it has less info on the HUD and no DAP make it far less attractive. The offer is 730 a month on a 65950 msrp prestige (36/7,500) works out to 9.4% off msrp and 1500 in rebates (loyalty and lease credit)

The 2019 would be a custom order p+ But with my preferred BO option, no pricing but I canít see not being able to get a 2019 p+ for 730-750 a month. My hesitation here would be the 20 rotors. I read that they are made by BBS, can anyone confirm? This would (idk why) sway me into liking them a bit more honestly.

TLDR- the only reason I would get the 2018 prestige would be the preference of Cavo, not the hud.

Source of bbs info from another Audi forum.

ďI believe the 20" OEM option rotor design wheel, not (yet) available in the North American market, is made by BBS. So maybe they, and Audi Sport (this is an Audi Sport design), agree with youĒ

You're welcome. If I had seen this yesterday, I would have checked when my rotors were off as I had the tires replaced. I will say the on the Florett Silver, the rotors will go very nicely with it. You may find someone willing to trade on here for a set more to your liking.
    2016 A6 TDI Prestige - S-Line, Black Optics, Driver Assistance, HUD, LED Headlights, Cold Weather, Warm Weather
    2003 allroad 6MT - STUKLR Stage 1, Hotchkis sway bars, RS4 engine mounts, Apikol rear diff mounts

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Audibot View Post
    You're welcome. If I had seen this yesterday, I would have checked when my rotors were off as I had the tires replaced. I will say the on the Florett Silver, the rotors will go very nicely with it. You may find someone willing to trade on here for a set more to your liking.
    Thanks again for your input! Do you have the refreshed 2018 rotors? The are a bit different than for the S4/s5 2018-2019. Cant trade since this is a lease, I would expect them to notice that switch :)

I just think the Cavo really work on the S5. Anyone have picks of a S5 sportback with the new 20" rotors (preferably silver)? I think they were an option in Germany for 2018. I stress so much every 3 years getting a new car, I am too fastidious and indecisive. Thanks all again for your input.

AZ Member #

Negative; my A6 is a 2016, and has a smaller offset than the S5 would, I presume. They are 20s though.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I would go w/the 2019. I got a crazy deal on my 2018. I wrapped my trim pieces in black along w/RS 5 grill but if I had to do it all over again I would have ordered the Quantum Gray 2019 w/BO pkg.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighS5 View Post
    I would go w/the 2019. I got a crazy deal on my 2018. I wrapped my trim pieces in black along w/RS 5 grill but if I had to do it all over again I would have ordered the Quantum Gray 2019 w/BO pkg.
    Thanks! I think thatís the way Iím going. The refreshed rotors are growing on me and car should look sharp with 20ís. Think Iím going florret with BO and carbon mirrors. Now the wait. Canít complain waiting in a 2016 stage 1 seapang s4 though.

Established Member Two Rings JD23's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Aren't the 2019 20" rotors the same design as the 19" rotors offered for the 2018 S4? I am not a fan of those rotors compared to the B8 design. Something about the more angular design seems "off".

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JD23 View Post
    Aren't the 2019 20" rotors the same design as the 19" rotors offered for the 2018 S4? I am not a fan of those rotors compared to the B8 design. Something about the more angular design seems "off".
    I would guess they are. Iíll probably hate them ha.

Maybe I just suck it up and get some after market 20s and sell them in 3 years.