Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings promoda's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015%20Audi%20Q5%2C

Neuspeed vs Race Chip

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys I have a neuspeed power module and love it. I came across the Races chip product, the sales agent told me it works similar to the neuspeed module but adds an additional 30HP plus has a cool app...

What are your thoughts? What are the pros and cons.??

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Established Member Two Rings Dirty_Bourbon's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Neuspeed vs Race Chip

So my two cents which isn’t worth its weight in salt. They’re probably extremely comparable. In my pathetic and extensive excel sheet work, piggy backs across the board eventually work out to be the same at price per power gain $300 levels vs $300, $400 vs $400 so on and so forth( apples to apples)NSP, vs RC GT, GTS, ChipWerke, etc. i would pressed to find a dyno proving those claims of 30 hp over a “comparable” product. ( then again top level RC is like $600)

FWIW JB4 per the math is best bang for your buck and a lot of factors considered.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Last edited by Dirty_Bourbon; 09-24-2018 at 06:52 PM.
    18' B9 P+ Black/Brown
    Roc Euro Intake | ITG Filter | CTS Inlet Tube
    Neuspeed PM
    **TBD

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015%20Audi%20Q5%2C

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty_Bourbon View Post
    So my two cents which isn’t worth its weight in salt. They’re probably extremely comparable. In my pathetic and extensive excel sheet work, piggy backs across the board eventually work out to be the same at price per power gain $300 levels vs $300, $400 vs $400 so on and so forth( apples to apples)NSP, vs RC GT, GTS, ChipWerke, etc. i would pressed to find a dyno proving those claims of 30 hp over a “comparable” product. ( then again top level RC is like $600)

FWIW JB4 per the math is best bang for your buck and a lot of factors considered.

Ok so you're saying they're both the same not much more in terms of power??

AZ Member #

At $400 v $400 they are the same. The $600 version of the RC “claims” to be more powerful. Searching forums pressed to find anyone who has that Piggy back

18' B9 P+ Black/Brown
    Neuspeed PM
    **TBD

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by promoda View Post
    Hey guys I have a neuspeed power module and love it. I came across the Races chip product, the sales agent told me it works similar to the neuspeed module but adds an additional 30HP plus has a cool app...

What are your thoughts? What are the pros and cons.??

Thanks

If you have a moment- could you tell me the dimensions btw of the NS PM- looking to create a mounting box for it ( looking to purchase one myself shortly)
    18' B9 P+ Black/Brown
    Neuspeed PM
    **TBD

Active Member Two Rings Four rings fan's Avatar
    AZ Member #

When the race chip originally came out for the B9 A4 a bunch of people bought it. Reviews were mixed. Read the whole thread to get the idea of why people loved or hated it. I'd buy the JB4 before the Race chip if I didn't already have an APR tune.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...alled-2906992/
    2017 B9 A4 PREMIUM+ QUATTRO | IBIS WHITE/BLACK/GREY OAK | NAV PKG | SPORT PKG | 19" WHEEL PKG | APR TUNED | S4 PEDAL SET | HARTMANN 19" RS6 REPS | MICHELIN PS4S | 034 MOTORSPORT STRUT BRACE |

Established Member Three Rings VipinLJ's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Four rings fan View Post
    When the race chip originally came out for the B9 A4 a bunch of people bought it. Reviews were mixed. Read the whole thread to get the idea of why people loved or hated it. I'd buy the JB4 before the Race chip if I didn't already have an APR tune.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...alled-2906992/
    I have the old racechip ultimate connect and I have posted a lot of times in the thread linked above. I love my RC now. I did have some issues with it last year where it threw up a CEL regularly during the summers only (making me believe it had something to do with the high temps). It would throw up a CEL after around 50 miles of driving hard in the heat (only a CEL, car never went into limp mode and I’ve driven over 100 miles with a CEL and nothing happened to my car). I contacted RC regarding that and they sent me an updated map which has been working flawlessly now (no CEL this past summer where I did drive hard even as outside temps hit 102-103F, no start stop error, nothing). Infact, RC has been quick to respond to me and have sent me multiple maps till I got the one I was satisfied with (increased performance, no CELs or errors). Reason I’m sticking to my RC is because I might sell my A4 next year and get something else. If I could see myself keeping the car for a long time, I’d get a Revo tune with a TCU remap.

So, between Neuspeed and RC, I’m with RC. I definitely get an increase in performance. I have several speedometer videos (never been to a drag race strip or dyno day) which show a before and after (before, I’d constantly get a 5.4-5.6s 0-60 and 12.9-13 0-100 whereas after, it’s a constant 4.6-4.8s 0-60 and 11.8-11.9 0-100). I would do a draggy video for you guys but I have not figured out how to use that app and I think I need to buy a draggy box (?). Also, you must remember that I’ve never used Neuspeed nor have I driven a car with one or even seen a module physically. I sometimes remove my RC and drive around stock just to remind me of how the car feels without a piggy back and yes. It is noticeable.

Between JB4 and Racechip. I’m assuming JB4 would be better because of all the customization possible. But it is also more difficult to install whereas the first time I installed my RC, it took five minutes because getting the original plugs out took most of my time since they were dirty and stuck hard. Now, I can do it in one minute or less.
    2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige - Matador Red, DAP, S Sport pack, 21” V design, CWP, WWP
    2017 Audi A7 Prestige - Glacier White, DAP, Sport pack, 20" BOP, CWP
    2017 Audi A4 Premium Plus - Moonlight Blue, Tech pack, CWP
    2016 BMW X3 xDrive28i
    2013 Audi A6 Prestige - SOLD

Active Member Two Rings Four rings fan's Avatar
    AZ Member #

As long as you like it, that's what counts. I think a lot of people were disappointed they had to go back and forth with RC to get the tune to where it should have been in the first place. Beta should have been better. That's where the JB4 shines. It's on the money when it's released to the public.

All these canned tunes have their pro's and con's. I still love my APR tune even though I know full well that my drive train warranty is probably toast if I pop the motor.
    Last edited by Four rings fan; 09-25-2018 at 05:21 PM.
    2017 B9 A4 PREMIUM+ QUATTRO | IBIS WHITE/BLACK/GREY OAK | NAV PKG | SPORT PKG | 19" WHEEL PKG | APR TUNED | S4 PEDAL SET | HARTMANN 19" RS6 REPS | MICHELIN PS4S | 034 MOTORSPORT STRUT BRACE |

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015%20Audi%20Q5%2C

Not a lot of work on neuspeed?? I wasnt even aware if the race chip nor JB4. I saw a YouTube clip by ecs on the power module and wanted it instantly!

AZ Member #

Not a lot of work on neuspeed?? I wasnt even aware if the race chip nor JB4. I saw a YouTube clip by ecs on the power module and wanted it instantly!

You ever run on 7+ setting?
    18' B9 P+ Black/Brown
    Neuspeed PM
    **TBD

AZ Member #

I think you need to be at the strip for DRAGY to work
    "but dont quote me boy.. i ain't said sh!t"
    -Eazy E.
    18' B9 P+ Black/Brown
    Neuspeed PM
    **TBD

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015%20Audi%20Q5%2C

You ever run on 7+ setting?
    What's the 7+ setting?

AZ Member #

What's the 7+ setting?

NS PM has two settings

5+ 91/93 octane
    7+ "100+" octane

( If you flip it over you can see the setting toggle- which alludes to me wanting to know earlier the dimensions so i can make a holster for a mount and freely change settings per usage/octane, without risking integrity of the velcro or other fastener. )
    18' B9 P+ Black/Brown
    Neuspeed PM
    **TBD

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015%20Audi%20Q5%2C

NS PM has two settings

5+ 91/93 octane
    7+ "100+" octane

( If you flip it over you can see the setting toggle- which alludes to me wanting to know earlier the dimensions so i can make a holster for a mount and freely change settings per usage/octane, without risking integrity of the velcro or other fastener. )
    Oh lol no I haven't tried that I use 94 octane since we have that here in montreal...

AZ Member #

Oh lol no I haven't tried that I use 94 octane since we have that here in montreal...

So in NJ we have 93- some places sell 100.

I told NS of my issue that i can put in 100 every so often, but primarily will run 93 (Due to cost and availability)

They said 7+ setting on 93 is "street safe" so i do feel as though after a few 100 miles at 5+ ill be fully flipping to 7+ and perhaps to using 100 octane intermittently or introducing some Octanium or Royal Purple into the car (track days or just spirited commuting weeks)
    18' B9 P+ Black/Brown
    Neuspeed PM
    **TBD