Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Exclamation Please help w/Bit DMI & VCDS setup issues.

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I'm trying to set up a Bit DMI in my car and cannot get it to properly set up. I have borrowed a VCDS cable that needs to be returned Monday, so I'm praying someone can help out. It is really frustrating. I called Elettromedia and got a lot of help, but I still have a problem that we can't figure out. Please note: I plugged an old Alpine head unit directly into the BIT One and the installation works perfect, so the issue is definitely VCDS or Bit DMI related.

In summary, no matter what I try, the FM/AM radio will not function, and the subwoofer control will not work.
    Here is what I tried with the car.

Attempt 1
    VCDS:
    CAN Gateway 47 & 56 are checked
    Module 56: I have it back to stock settings, which is the standard radio for this car (non-bose/bo)
    Bit DMI:
    Currently configured as Standard 3G/3G+
    Outcome:
    All doors and subwoofer play from the SD card fine.
    All doors and subwoofer WILL NOT play from the radio; the radio is silent.
    Left and right fading works fine.
    Front to back fading DOES NOT work.
    Subwoofer control DOES NOT work.

Attempt 2
    VCDS:
    CAN Gateway 47 & 56 are checked
    Module 56: Byte 3 set to 01 as suggested for Audi per the Audison instructions
    Bit DMI:
    Currently configured as 3G/3G+ w/Bose/BO
    Outcome:
    Right doors and subwoofer play from the SD card fine.
    Right doors and subwoofer WILL NOT play from the radio; the radio is silent.
    Left and right fading DOES NOT work.
    Front to back fading works fine work.
    Subwoofer control DOES NOT work.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

For reference, below is a copy/paste from the Audison instructions. Step 4, no issues. Step 5, the section I made bold is confusing to me. Is that a list of the settings for each byte? This makes sense, but if I try all of these settings and click DO IT! the software says "error in longcoding", it will however apply the Byte 3 Bit 0 if I make just that single change. I do note that the operating mode and sound profile settings on my car are different. I wish I could find someone w/the bose or bo system locally to plug in and verify their settings, I'm betting that is my issue.

4. The user can select the ‘Installation list’ and the CAN Gateway will bring up the list of options currently installed
    in the vehicle. From this it is a simple matter of ticking the “Sound System” (address 47) checkbox and saving the
    configuration.

5. In addition to this, the radio, see entry 56, also needs to be coded and this is byte 3, bit 0 of the Long Coding string.
    The coding needed for this can be seen in the following figure using the Long Coding helper.
    Long coding, 56 radio:
    01 = AM/FM EUR (02 USA)
    01 = DAB (fixed value) (00 sirius USA)
    03 = Operating Mode
    01 = External Amp (02 if the amp is inside, e.g.: not B&O)
    00 = Sound Profile
    00 = No info
    00 = No info
    00 = No info
    01 = Chassis
    The setting for “external amp” needs to be 01.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Called Audison again, they recommended copying another Audi's module 56 settings. If anyone could help out it would be greatly appreciated. Audison mentioned there may be an error in the installation instructions and if I can find another Audi with the 3G entertainment system that has the Bose or B/O stereo option, I can copy the long coding for all module 56 bytes and it should work fine. I have a C7 A6, 2012, but they think any Audi w/3G entertainment system settings should work or give me a clue what setting is missing. If I can get this to work I'll do a write up because such a simple installation is causing so much frustration, no wonder most people just go the LC2i route and recommend against a full installation.