Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 Audi A4 1.8t

AutoZone GT brake pads Review

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    AutoZone GT brake pads the best u can get for the price with a lifetime warranty. I have had these pads front and rear on for about 2 months now and I will say I donít think I have ever had such confidence in my car stopping ability.
    I have had my 2005 B6 A4 1.8t since 2008. I did a lot of road trips when I first got my car. However had a big scare one weekend on the NJ turnpike when the stock factory brake pads heated up and all I had was brake fade. Heart almost jumped out my chest when I step on the brake and it felt like the pedal went to the floor and I almost ran into the back of car after traffic locked up when cars and trucks merged. Luckily my car is a manual. Never was I ever so scared had the family in the car. Anyway a little history.
    After that started using the AutoZone Cmax pads which was great. I never experienced that brake fade like that again. Upgrade from stage 1 to k04 brakes were no longer adequate. Upgraded brakes to stock a4 b7 with the AutoZone Cmax pads brakes good again.
    Went BT and was not confident with braking. Look at many big brake up grade but planning to have a baby soon so funds hmmm. I looked at upgrading to the S4 fronts but need new rotors and caliper brackets. I had just put new rotors and pads on the car so didnít want change them. One day I was in AutoZone to return my old Cmax pads for warranty saw the sign for the GT street performance brakes. I ask for the pads I want and the had them in stock. Got front and rear pads. Install the pads and I will say I best brakes for the money.
    Now I will say they make a lot of noise once they are broken in. It took me a while to get use to them. But after few situations where I needed to do some heavy/aggressive braking for how well the pads performed, what noise!(lol). Note they hold better as they get hotter. These pads have out preformed all my expectations. I donít feel the need to go bigger brakes and if I do will be using the AutoZone GT street performance pads. I have more fun/enjoy driving my car knowing I have these brakes home the car. I even play with the noise. It also nice to know that your brake makes noise like the a BMW X5m/m5 but also stop like one (Bmw tech).

Sent from my iPad using Audizine
    Last edited by Dappa01; 09-19-2018 at 03:45 PM.

Established Member Two Rings APC123's Avatar
    AZ Member #

AutoZone GT brake pads Review

Ik the exact brake fade youíre speaking of. I almost had a bad rear ending accident aswell. The car just coasted forwards as I stomped on the peddle, the car kind of just glided until it stopped, it was weird, I was very surprised as in wtf just happend! But I did not crash; so I bought some B7 A4 calipers front and rear with new rotors and pads from Europaparts. Now I have the fronts disassembled ready for powder coating, but the rears and their internal parking brake system are gonna give me problems, but I can work through it. I am excited to feel what a better braking system is going to feel like :)

Veteran Member Four Rings imnuts's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Dolphin Grey Audi A4 3.0 Q 6MT

Just curious, how are you getting the brakes so hot that you're experiencing brake fade in normal driving conditions? I've driven all sorts of vehicles in all different conditions and have yet to experience it outside of the time I was bedding in new brakes on my car. There were a few times I was probably close going down a long, steep hill, but that's it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL
    Retrieve your SKC for use with VCDS
    Setup Ross-Tech VCP Drivers

3.0 JHM Tuned, JHM LWFW & Clutch, JHM Solid Short Shifter, Zingo Airbox Mod, quattro, Vogtland Jr. Suspension, Single Xenon E-Codes, Apikol Snub, 034 Motor & Trans Mounts

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Because Racecar....
    I m going have to go to the AutoZone and grab me some GT pads😝

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
    Just curious, how are you getting the brakes so hot that you're experiencing brake fade in normal driving conditions? I've driven all sorts of vehicles in all different conditions and have yet to experience it outside of the time I was bedding in new brakes on my car. There were a few times I was probably close going down a long, steep hill, but that's it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL
    My car was full of stuff from me moving down to college to start my semester. I no wat does another
    .2L explain the size increase on the B7 brakes, the only thing that does is a bad design on the B6.

Veteran Member Four Rings texasboy21's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Mustang GT Performance Package, 1983 Chevy Silverado

I tracked my car with B5 S4 brakes and only experienced brake fade once (PBR pads). I was 15-20 minutes into a session in 100F temps. Track temps likely at 115-120F.

If youre experiencing brake fade on public roads something isnt right.
    2005.5 6 speed with the Premium, Lighting, Sport, and Cold Weather packages

Pag Parts EFR 6758 kit, Pag Parts intake/FMIC/manifold/downpipe, Eurodyne Boost Manager Plus, Eurodyne Maestro, StopTech 332mm BBK, Stasis Touring suspension

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by texasboy21 View Post
    I tracked my car with B5 S4 brakes and only experienced brake fade once (PBR pads). I was 15-20 minutes into a session in 100F temps. Track temps likely at 115-120F.

Or just 14 year old calipers and shitty eBay brake pads/rotors ATM.

Veteran Member Four Rings Seerlah's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Not to be that guy, but your first post is an eye sore. You may want to break it into paragraphs, so people will actually take the time and read it.

Pardon if that came off rude, it's not my intent.
    I hate it when my car acts like a little bitch, treating me like a bitch

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 Audi A4 1.8t

Quote Originally Posted by Seerlah View Post
    Not to be that guy, but your first post is an eye sore. You may want to break it into paragraphs, so people will actually take the time and read it.

Pardon if that came off rude, it's not my intent.
    Thanks will keep that in mind next time. Yes it did come off rude.

Veteran Member Four Rings texasboy21's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Mustang GT Performance Package, 1983 Chevy Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by APC123 View Post
    Or just 14 year old calipers and shitty eBay brake pads/rotors ATM.
    Bingo..

Quote Originally Posted by Dappa01 View Post
    Thanks will keep that in mind next time. Yes it did come off rude.
    Yes, help us help you. A wall of text is hard to read/follow and not aesthetically appealing.
    2005.5 6 speed with the Premium, Lighting, Sport, and Cold Weather packages

Pag Parts EFR 6758 kit, Pag Parts intake/FMIC/manifold/downpipe, Eurodyne Boost Manager Plus, Eurodyne Maestro, StopTech 332mm BBK, Stasis Touring suspension

Established Member Three Rings JWebb_C7_Comp's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 A6 Comp, 2017 Q7

Quote Originally Posted by texasboy21 View Post

Checking last time your brake fluid was changed might make some sense.

I have had brake fade ONCE in my life. 3rd sessions for the day, hot track, etc..... never on street.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine