Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Down pipe emissions codes how to fix

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I think I have dialed in what these 2 cars are and I think itís my sensors in the down pipes. But I remember someone having to install spacers on the down pipes to fix this code. Can someone point me in the direction of the spacers for the APR down pipes.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 RS4

Start this by saying I am an Apr fan.

Why on earth would they make a catted solution that throws codes. Seems crazy to me.

Iíll be an ams customer for the 1k difference and no emissions issues.
    2016 S6 P+ Glacier White | Stage 1 APR ecu/tcu | AWE Touring Exhaust
    Previous : 2012 Ibis S4, 2007 Misano RS4, 2005 Nogaro S4

Veteran Member Four Rings wwhan's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Barritia View Post
    I think I have dialed in what these 2 cars are and I think itís my sensors in the down pipes. But I remember someone having to install spacers on the down pipes to fix this code. Can someone point me in the direction of the spacers for the APR down pipes.
    See option 3, below

1.) One can get downpipes with Cats in the OEM location such as AMS downpipes with Cats or the Russian downpipes with Cats & then one can use the EPL stage 2 tune without the Vibrant Performance J-Style Oxygen Sensor Fittings

OR

2.) One can get APR downpipes, with Cats way down under the car and use the APR stage 2 tune.

OR

3.) One can get APR downpipes, with Cats way down under the car and use the EPL stage 2 tune & the Vibrant Performance J-Style Oxygen Sensor Fittings
    2016 S6 Sport, EPL stg1 ECU/TCU, Eurocode Sways

AZ Member #

Will the oxygen sensor fittings clear the codes when on the stock tune. Iím having a trip to dealer and want to make sure I donít have any possible flags due to emission codes giving away that I got down pipes.

Veteran Member Four Rings wwhan's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Barritia View Post
    Will the oxygen sensor fittings clear the codes when on the stock tune. Iím having a trip to dealer and want to make sure I donít have any possible flags due to emission codes giving away that I got down pipes.
    Allegedly yes, the Vibrant J O2 spacers work with the smallest orifice.

The are a number of threads on this, but one needs to drive around and run the engine to get the OBD2 readiness codes cleared first, before going to dealer or smog station.

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...hlight=vibrant
    2016 S6 Sport, EPL stg1 ECU/TCU, Eurocode Sways

AZ Member #

Thanks man thatís good to know. Will give them a try.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I can confirm my first hand experience shows that the vibrant J spacers work with the APR pipes on both the APR stock tune (for more than 1000 miles without codes) and with EPL stage 1 and 2 for over 20k miles, no codes.