Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 RS4

Keep modding S6 - buy Rs7 - get something different

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Iíve had my s6 for about 6 months. It was always my dream platform. Iíve owned 5 other Audiís including rs4, so the 6 was always my car of pursuit. Itís Apr stage 1 ecu and tcu tune plus awe exhaust. I am enjoying the car but just donít feel it is as fast as I want it to be - granted, itís probably a lot faster than I think it is. I assume itís an 11.3-11.5 car right now. I seem to be at the crossroads of modding hell or posed with the question of just buying a new car. Here is the scenario.

Love the car - 2016, full modesta, cpo with unlimited mileage for another 18 months and the tunes and exhaust run great. If I continue to mod from here it seems like I need to go ams downpipes with cats, intake, and cooling system plus Apr stage 2 tune. That is about 7k additional. Then, you have the really serious question of going to rs7 turbos or a similar solution which will run 4-7k in adddition. So I am 11-15k away from what is the typical max modification for this platform without major major work. That doesnít include that I also want to change the wheels which looks like it would be about another 3-4K. My car is flawless and I have some rare stuff like the aluminum wood trim etc. glacier white looks phenomenal.

If I buy an rs7 - It looks like I could get a 2016 with every option Iím looking for for around 75-80k. Thatís about a 15k difference between what I would have in this car and what I would have in the rs7. I assume I would only tune the rs7 and keep the rest stock for most part as I would buy one with the exhaust and wheels I want. I donít love the rs7 body as much as the s6 body, but there are some natural upgrades that are just better - wheels, brakes, seats, lights etc. however - these cars lose massive value and I will likely be upside down pretty quick in the car. Same with s6 if I mod it more of course.

If I leave this platform - not my first choice - I could consider pretty strong options with a 65-70k budget. However - I will only buy an awd car that is low 11 stock so my choices seem to be - e63, rs7, x5m and a few others.

Any opinions here? Should I just be happy with what I have? Should I keep modding? Should I buy the rs7 knowing itís the top of the food chain?

15k in mods for .7 in the 1/4 mile seems crazy. I wonít race this thing, but I really enjoy that low end power.
    2016 S6 P+ Glacier White | Stage 1 APR ecu/tcu | AWE Touring Exhaust
    Previous : 2012 Ibis S4, 2007 Misano RS4, 2005 Nogaro S4

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Honda Odyssey

If I can say something. I had exactly the same dilemma. But I made the decision. I had S6 stage2. Wonderful car however no matter how I would modify it would never be RS7. That RS7 has something that makes my heart beat fast. Each time I did park my S6 next to RS7 I knew I have to get it.
    Right now I sold my S6 and waiting for the right RS7.
    But if you not decided just donít test drive one that way you could stick with S6. But If you do you would be in love like me and want one.
    My love for S6 ends in a seconds !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

if you got the money (and/or significant other lets you) go rs7 and start with minor mods until you know what happens...the bug bites you for more.
    Audi S7

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Not that I really have any experience or have been in your situation before, just thought I'd chime in. I've never owned an Audi, much less any "super sedan". I knew I wanted to get into one but I didn't know if I should start with an s6 and work my way up, or go straight to the top so to speak... As you can tell by my username tho, I bit the bullet and got an rs7. I didn't want to have regrets with not going with "the best". Yes, these cars lose value, but I think (and hope) the rs7 will do a little better compared to the s6 from a financial perspective only, since it's a RS model.

It doesn't hurt that the rs7 is also very fast stock. Not that the s6 can't be as fast, or even faster, but for the money you'd be spending to get there, I'd say go with the rs7. It'll be a nice upgrade, while still being something you're familiar with.

If you don't wanna stick with audi, look at the e63 like you mentioned. Or maybe a Panamera or cayenne/macan.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Your want / need is greater than the value you think the RS7 will lose.
    '15 RS7 | Nardo Grey | Sport Exhaust | APR Stage 2 w/ DPs | Roc-Euro Intake | H&R Lowering Module | Niche Misano 21x10.5 | Eurocode F/R Sways +Alu Kreuz | TAG reflectors | Neidfaktor Carbon Mirror caps | 10" Alpine Type-S Sub

AZ Member #

Another option in the cost neighborhood of the RS7 is the similar year model Tesla Model S P90D. And compared to the RS7, the Tesla maintenance in the years to come will be a lot less; gas will be too. . Itís a different direction, but still a very quick and fun car.

Mark: 0000_S5
    2015 S5 Premium Plus, Ibis White
    Llumar 20% Tint (sides, back)
    Llumar Clear Ceramic Tint (windshield, sunroof)
    Llumar Paint Protection (front, hood, front quarters)
    Black Wrap Roof & Mirrors
    CR-15 Strut Tower Bar
    Gloss Black Audi Rings, S5 Badges
    Carbon Imports Rear Diffuser v2

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 RS4

Glad to see Iím not the only one. Iím joy riding my car right now - these cars are incredible. Decisions. Decisions.

Veteran Member Four Rings ericw.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 0000_S5 View Post
    Another option in the cost neighborhood of the RS7 is the similar year model Tesla Model S P90D. And compared to the RS7, the Tesla maintenance in the years to come will be a lot less; gas will be too. . Itís a different direction, but still a very quick and fun car.

Gtfo
    Lol no seriously

I'm going to go against the grain and say keep what you have. It's fast and it sounds like you're like most of us. Modding cars is inevitable and you won't be satisfied with a stockish rs7 either.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    IG @lolzhax // agilitydrives.us
    C7 S7 4.0tt | LX7U | APR STG1 ECU+TCU | S-FloV2 | EUROCODE SWAYS | CETE ASC | RFX7 | EVO2 | RS7 FR+R | Indicator Delete | Hardwired | Straight Piped
    b7 a4 2.0t | Stage 2+ | DTM Body | All the bolt-on mods | [sold]

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 RS4

You are right. I had a great drive tonight. Going stage 2 and Iíll see where Iím at.

Quote Originally Posted by ericw. View Post
    Gtfo
    Lol no seriously

I'm going to go against the grain and say keep what you have. It's fast and it sounds like you're like most of us. Modding cars is inevitable and you won't be satisfied with a stockish rs7 either.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Two Rings aFOURstance's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '04 DBP R32 PTE6266 Turbo, '01 Nogaro S4 Stg 3 & Bagged

Quote Originally Posted by audi021 View Post
    You are right. I had a great drive tonight. Going stage 2 and Iíll see where Iím at.
    Stage 2 only leads to stage 3
    Life is too short to drive boring cars.

Senior Member Two Rings 6speedman's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Stage 3 is amazing...

AZ Member #

I started with a A5, then a tuned s4 then decided to pass the 6 model altogether and went straight to the RS7. You can not go wrong with that choice as the power and speed of the car is silly awesome. I am still almost laughing out loud every time I put the pedal down. The only other vehicle I would contemplate would be the Mercedes AMG (although not a fan of the looks).
    2017 Audi RS7 Glacier White w/ Black Optics
    2014 Porsche Panamera Turbo Executive Amethyst

Established Member Two Rings FourRings115's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur_RS7 View Post
    Not that I really have any experience or have been in your situation before, just thought I'd chime in. I've never owned an Audi, much less any "super sedan". I knew I wanted to get into one but I didn't know if I should start with an s6 and work my way up, or go straight to the top so to speak... As you can tell by my username tho, I bit the bullet and got an rs7. I didn't want to have regrets with not going with "the best". Yes, these cars lose value, but I think (and hope) the rs7 will do a little better compared to the s6 from a financial perspective only, since it's a RS model.

It doesn't hurt that the rs7 is also very fast stock. Not that the s6 can't be as fast, or even faster, but for the money you'd be spending to get there, I'd say go with the rs7. It'll be a nice upgrade, while still being something you're familiar with.

If you don't wanna stick with audi, look at the e63 like you mentioned. Or maybe a Panamera or cayenne/macan.
    But what is the desired use of the car? I was at the NY Boat show with a friend who was looking to replace an old Whaler. He started checking out a huge 32 foot Whaler- serious fishing boat, serious bucks. But all we do on the boat is cruise around, drink some beers, maybe tow a toy, hit Fire Island, etc. So I asked him- what are you going to do with a new boat/whatís important? And that determined the choice.
    My point is that your suggestions are all over the place because the OP doesnít state what he is looking for. A car to just go 0-60 a bunch of times? Track car? DD/track car?
    IMHO the S6/S7 are not worth tuning if you want to track them (the weight is the primary handicap-brake mods and then suspension are a must for first mods). If all you want to do is mash the throttle and go a quarter mile, then thatís a different story. If all you are doing is cruising around with some bursts of speed every now and then, itís yet another story.
    YMMV
    '16 S6
    '16 Subaru Forester (company car)
    '11 A8L 4.2 (sold)
    '07 A8L 4.2 (sold)
    '04 A6 2.7T (sold)

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by FourRings115 View Post
    But what is the desired use of the car? I was at the NY Boat show with a friend who was looking to replace an old Whaler. He started checking out a huge 32 foot Whaler- serious fishing boat, serious bucks. But all we do on the boat is cruise around, drink some beers, maybe tow a toy, hit Fire Island, etc. So I asked him- what are you going to do with a new boat/whatís important? And that determined the choice.
    My point is that your suggestions are all over the place because the OP doesnít state what he is looking for. A car to just go 0-60 a bunch of times? Track car? DD/track car?
    IMHO the S6/S7 are not worth tuning if you want to track them (the weight is the primary handicap-brake mods and then suspension are a must for first mods). If all you want to do is mash the throttle and go a quarter mile, then thatís a different story. If all you are doing is cruising around with some bursts of speed every now and then, itís yet another story.
    YMMV
    I understand what you mean, but I don't really see how my suggestions were all over the place lol. By explaining why I thought it was a good choice, and why I went for it, I was pretty much saying to go with the rs7 the entire post. I then also added that if he doesn't want to stick with the audi brand at all, those are the cars I see many going to, and that I myself would check out. He didn't say the use, but he did say he was looking at spending 7k to go to stage 2. I take that to mean that he wants to go faster, as do many others who tune their cars to stage 2, and even a few to stage 3. (Who knows - maybe its just for bragging rights.)

I agree with you though, the s6/s7 cars are not meant to be track cars, mainly just straight line missiles, at least in my eyes. I was not telling him to tune or not tune his car. (Take that part up with him). I was just pointing out that for the money he was going to spend to get there, an rs7 would be within reach.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 RS4

Thing is - I already did stage 1 ecu/tcu plus exhaust.

Iím looking for a little more sound, better throttle response and low end tourque and consistent power.

I want to pull away from stop lights at really impressive speeds and pass on the highway with virtually no rivals. I want to surprise z06ís on sundays and other ďsuper carsĒ especially of the rear wheel drive variant.

I would only go to track once or twice. Never road track. Mostly a dd that I mash from time to time, occasionally measure my manly hood and in general have fun because it look, feels and runs in an elite class.

AZ Member #

Thing is - I already did stage 1 ecu/tcu plus exhaust.

Iím looking for a little more sound, better throttle response and low end tourque and consistent power.

I want to pull away from stop lights at really impressive speeds and pass on the highway with virtually no rivals. I want to surprise z06ís on sundays and other ďsuper carsĒ especially of the rear wheel drive variant.

I would only go to track once or twice. Never road track. Mostly a dd that I mash from time to time, occasionally measure my manly hood and in general have fun because it look, feels and runs in an elite class.

720s FTW

Or you could just go Stage 2/3. You wonít encounter too many cars out there that can hang, especially from a dig on the street.
    2018 Daytona Gray S6 | S Sport | Black Optic | Carbon Atlas |

2011 Phantom Black S4 | S-Tronic | P+ | Nav | Sports Differential | Titanium Package | Silk Nappa | SOLD

AZ Member #

Honestly, you should have started with the RS7 and not bothered modding the S7. :P
    2012 Panamera Turbo S Basalt Black Metallic and $186,000 worth of goodies (thank you depreciation)
    (previous cars)
    2014 RS7 Phantom Black --2014 Jeep SRT--2011 CTSV -- 2006 Magnum SRT - 2004 Neon SRT -- 1999 C5 Corvette -- 1999 Trans AM WS6 -- 1991 Cougar XR7

"Love lots of cars, and one good woman"

AZ Member #

Man, lots of Tesla talk on the board lately. I love my MS but a Tesla buyer and an RS7 buyer are usually two totally different people with different priorities. Drive both and decide for yourself but if you are heavily drawn towards the RS7, chances are you will not like the Tesla as it is so radically different. I am slightly disturbed and like both.
    2017 Audi RS7 APR Stage 1
    2016 Tesla Model S P90D
    2015 Alfa Romeo 4C

Forever in my heart but no longer in my garage:
    2013 Lotus Evora
    2009 Porsche 911

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by phaphaphooey View Post
    Man, lots of Tesla talk on the board lately. I love my MS but a Tesla buyer and an RS7 buyer are usually two totally different people with different priorities. Drive both and decide for yourself but if you are heavily drawn towards the RS7, chances are you will not like the Tesla as it is so radically different. I am slightly disturbed and like both.
    I also like both too but admittedly havenít driven the Tesla Model S yet. It has a different ďcool factorĒ.

CR-15 Strut Tower Bar

AZ Member #

I also like both too but admittedly havenít driven the Tesla Model S yet. It has a different ďcool factorĒ.

Keep in mind a P90D doesn't get a 300 mile range when you're going 80mph..... They are great for in town commuting but I think if you plan to use one for any kind of road tripping, stopping every 200-250 miles to charge for 20 minutes would drive me crazy. Insurance is also crazy for Tesla. No doubt they would be a fun car, but at least where I live the infrastructure in place to charge and maintain them just isn't there yet. And...the Porsche Taycan will be better.
    2012 Panamera Turbo S Basalt Black Metallic and $186,000 worth of goodies (thank you depreciation)
    (previous cars)
    2014 RS7 Phantom Black --2014 Jeep SRT--2011 CTSV -- 2006 Magnum SRT - 2004 Neon SRT -- 1999 C5 Corvette -- 1999 Trans AM WS6 -- 1991 Cougar XR7

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom75 View Post
    Keep in mind a P90D doesn't get a 300 mile range when you're going 80mph..... They are great for in town commuting but I think if you plan to use one for any kind of road tripping, stopping every 200-250 miles to charge for 20 minutes would drive me crazy. Insurance is also crazy for Tesla. No doubt they would be a fun car, but at least where I live the infrastructure in place to charge and maintain them just isn't there yet. And...the Porsche Taycan will be better.
    Good points. Thanks!

CR-15 Strut Tower Bar

AZ Member #

My vote would be to get the new BMW M5. If I were getting a replacement car today, that would be it.
    2013 Audi S6 Ibis White, Black interior, LED headlights, 20" alloy wheels, Carbon Atlas inlays, Audi side assist

Mods Bel STiR Plus, Blinder HP-905, BlackVue dash cams (front and rear), Black Optics grill, Black window trim, XPel Ultimate film, Modesta BC-03 glass coating

AZ Member #

I would vote against a new M5. Brand new model in 1st year will come with a ton of issues it's a BMW product.

I say keep your current car. Get a stage 2 and TCU upgrade. It's a very fun car in that range. You are already faster than 95% of cars on the road. I rarely see much faster cars even living in a metropolitan area.

But if RS7 will make you happy go for it. I find that even then you will get used to the power and start to get bored. Fast is never fast enough and there is always something faster.

AZ Member #

Tesla feels less like a sports car and more like a spaceship. Acceleration is absolutely brutal through 70 MPH or so and is so effortless. One area in which it feels very sports is in the regenerative braking. I never touch the brakes unless I am in an emergency situation or to hold the car at a stop. One pedal driving is quite nice and spoils you when you go back to driving an ICE vehicle. It definitely does have a cool factor but then again an RS7 does too, albeit in a different way.

My P90D at 30k miles gets 257 miles on a full charge. It is great to roadtrip and I actually took it to Florida recently over the Audi mainly due to the autopilot being so nice on the interstate and due to the free supercharging that my car has, thus saving several hundred dollars on the trip. Unless you are somewhere really backwoods the supercharger network is so large now there is not a problem with finding a place to charge. The charging did not slow us down a bit because we planned. You have to consolidate stops. If you use the restroom/shop/eat/whatever you do on trips while the car is charging then it will add no extra time to your trip. None of our stops were longer than 25 minutes and the car was usually charged enough to continue in 10-15 mins. We were usually the limiting factor on not getting back on the road quickly and not the car. If you don't optimize your stops and just sit in the car waiting for it to charge each time since you just ate 30 mins ago then it will add time to your trip. It just requires a different mindset, for better or worse.

Range does take a hit with speed. I drove 5 MPH over and was fine on range. If you drive 85-90 MPH on all of your trips you will get terrible range.

Insurance is crazy for some people. For me, my RS7 is more expensive to insure than the Tesla by a smidge. I have a clean driving record, married, no accidents, etc.

Taycan might be better but Porsche will nickel and dime for you it. I have thought about picking one of those up and may still but paying the Porsche tax gets old. On my car Tesla includes unlimited supercharging for life, unlimited LTE data for the car including navigation and streaming music, near constant firmware updates with new features, etc. Porsche will no doubt charge for all of those things.

As to your original question, RS7 cannot be beat. If you have the money then go for it. If not, your S6 is still an amazing car.
    2016 Tesla Model S P90D
    2015 Alfa Romeo 4C

2013 Lotus Evora
    2009 Porsche 911

AZ Member #

Thanks for sharing the Model S perspectives. Youíre an interesting ďcase studyĒ with RS7 and Model S in your stable. I hate to (further) hijack this thread, but I bet folks in each camp would find your perspective comparing the two to be pretty interesting, if you had the time and interest to start a new thread on he subject. Thanks again!

CR-15 Strut Tower Bar

AZ Member #

Thanks for sharing the Model S perspectives. Youíre an interesting ďcase studyĒ with RS7 and Model S in your stable. I hate to (further) hijack this thread, but I bet folks in each camp would find your perspective comparing the two to be pretty interesting, if you had the time and interest to start a new thread on he subject. Thanks again!

Oddly enough it has been a big topic of discussion on the board recently so I found myself posting a lot about it hopefully without threadjacking. Especially in one of the other threads I wrote a fairly in depth comparo. If there were interest I would be happy to start a thread to take questions/elaborate on the comparisons. I have been surprised at the interest on this board frankly as traditional sports car people tend to look down their nose at electric cars. I did too until they started doing 0-60 in sub 3 seconds.
    2016 Tesla Model S P90D
    2015 Alfa Romeo 4C

2013 Lotus Evora
    2009 Porsche 911

AZ Member #

^^^ KEEP IN MIND

A sports car is a lot more than 0-60 acceleration. A GT car is a lot more than 0-60 and 1/4 times too. Do you care about handling, agility? I absolutely see the draw to the crazy Tesla acceleration, I would like to own one at some point, just like I'd like to own a GTR for a while - just for the experience.

The Porsche 911 and the R8 are sports cars. The Tesla model S, RS7 and Panamera are arguably a GT car/super sedan but are certainly not a sports car. Of the 3, I believe the Panamera is heads above as far as handling and performance at high speeds. Its specifically design for high speed driving, not just 0-60 internet bragging rights. The RS7, though not as GT like as the Panamera, is a very very capable car, with 90% of the Porsche handling and a little softer ride. The Tesla is still to me a little toy like, gimmicky, but has come a long way. If you want to do any track driving, long trips at higher speeds, the Tesla is not a good car for that purpose.....yet.

Porsche does nickel and time options, but honestly so does Tesla. A fully loaded P100D is almost $180,000 fully loaded I believe. I happen to like the Telsa interior, but its definitely different.
    (previous cars)

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 RS4

I live in Texas. There arenít many turns around here - unless you hit the sticks. Definitely different than growing up in Pittsburgh where nothing was straight. 0-60. 1/4 mike. Top speed (I guess) and passing speed/acceleration are all important here.

Established Member Three Rings digdah's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I live in Texas. There arenít many turns around here - unless you hit the sticks. Definitely different than growing up in Pittsburgh where nothing was straight. 0-60. 1/4 mike. Top speed (I guess) and passing speed/acceleration are all important here.
    Let's not get started with Houston drivers. Y'all are batshit crazy out there for real. I drive pretty fast but I'm always being pushed out of the fast lane when visiting. I look down and I'm doing 20+ over but being passed like I'm stopped. I love it.
    2013 S6 | Phantom Black Pearl | Innovation Package | BOSE + JL Audio Micro Sub| Milltek non-resonated catback |APR Stage 1 |Avant Garde M510

Veteran Member Three Rings fairbird's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    s4 b5 , MB c300

I had my S6 3 years ago , went stage 3 rs 7 turbos , was fast but not exiting. Got E63 with m157 awesome car if you stayed stage 2 , I made a mistake and went stage 3 , lots of money wasted . Ended up with hellcat and picking up rs3 soon after my lease runs out for Jetta I had to sign because E63 spent 6 month on the hoist. Good luck

E63S AMG , want 1000 hp
    S6 15 RS7 turbos , Miltek catless , AWE intake , 11.0 / 126.5 mph (sold )
    s4 b5 800hp+
    GC WK2 14 (650hp) sold
    911 turbo 03 (700hp) sold
    cayman 07 (stock) sold
    Instagram fairbird1

AZ Member #

^^^ KEEP IN MIND

A sports car is a lot more than 0-60 acceleration. A GT car is a lot more than 0-60 and 1/4 times too. Do you care about handling, agility? I absolutely see the draw to the crazy Tesla acceleration, I would like to own one at some point, just like I'd like to own a GTR for a while - just for the experience.

The Porsche 911 and the R8 are sports cars. The Tesla model S, RS7 and Panamera are arguably a GT car/super sedan but are certainly not a sports car. Of the 3, I believe the Panamera is heads above as far as handling and performance at high speeds. Its specifically design for high speed driving, not just 0-60 internet bragging rights. The RS7, though not as GT like as the Panamera, is a very very capable car, with 90% of the Porsche handling and a little softer ride. The Tesla is still to me a little toy like, gimmicky, but has come a long way. If you want to do any track driving, long trips at higher speeds, the Tesla is not a good car for that purpose.....yet.

Porsche does nickel and time options, but honestly so does Tesla. A fully loaded P100D is almost $180,000 fully loaded I believe. I happen to like the Telsa interior, but its definitely different.
    Jeez. Check my signature, I know what a sports car is. I said sports car people tend not to like the Tesla and I stand by that statement. I never said the RS7 or any other GT car was a sports car. I implied that people on this board, in my estimation, would be more into traditional sports cars since the S6/7/RS7 are closer to a traditional sports car than the Tesla is.

Although your Panamera is a hatchback sedan, same as the RS7 or Tesla for that matter, and is far from a sports car, I am glad that you like it. Why you choose to hang around an Audi board after selling your Audi only to post incessantly about how the Panamera is better than an Audi, which is again the topic of this board, I will never understand. I am certainly envious of your apparent abundance of free time.

I am done posting about Teslas and certainly don't want to hijack this thread further with another dissertation on the definition of a sports car. If anyone has a question about Teslas feel free to PM me. Otherwise I will save my Tesla discussions for the Tesla board and get back to learning and discussing my Audi here.
    2016 Tesla Model S P90D
    2015 Alfa Romeo 4C

2013 Lotus Evora
    2009 Porsche 911

AZ Member #

I heavily modded a good number of cars over the years. The s6 is the car I went apr stage 2 & tcu and I am happy with it. Only thing I did extra was tires and eurocode suspension bits. I am holding off to do the cooling heat exchanger and possibly pump upgrade. Besides that just do maintenance. Honestly the s6 is plenty fast for all I do. The rs7 is marginally faster nothing you can tell daily driving. Dont get me wrong the rs7 is awesome but it's essentially a similar car.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by phaphaphooey View Post
    Jeez. Check my signature, I know what a sports car is. I said sports car people tend not to like the Tesla and I stand by that statement. I never said the RS7 or any other GT car was a sports car. I implied that people on this board, in my estimation, would be more into traditional sports cars since the S6/7/RS7 are closer to a traditional sports car than the Tesla is.

Although your Panamera is a hatchback sedan, same as the RS7 or Tesla for that matter, and is far from a sports car, I am glad that you like it. Why you choose to hang around an Audi board after selling your Audi only to post incessantly about how the Panamera is better than an Audi, which is again the topic of this board, I will never understand. I am certainly envious of your apparent abundance of free time.

I am done posting about Teslas and certainly don't want to hijack this thread further with another dissertation on the definition of a sports car. If anyone has a question about Teslas feel free to PM me. Otherwise I will save my Tesla discussions for the Tesla board and get back to learning and discussing my Audi here.
    ROFL - I can bench more than you too. Have some coffee. Take a break. Don't be so threatened by conversation by people who like to talk about cars. Try reading and getting less defensive. Start with that and get back to me, or don't, you're not that friendly anyway.

The Porsche is better than the Audi is SOME aspects not all. The reason people in the RS7 or on the board would be interested in a Tesla, is because it is a direct class competitor to the Audi sedans. Sports car people tend to like cars in general in my estimation with most likely a fondness for the overall driving character and handling, rather than just a 0-60 benchmark.
    (previous cars)

AZ Member #

ROFL - I can bench more than you too. Have some coffee. Take a break. Don't be so threatened by conversation by people who like to talk about cars. Try reading and getting less defensive. Start with that and get back to me, or don't, you're not that friendly anyway.

The Porsche is better than the Audi is SOME aspects not all. The reason people in the RS7 or on the board would be interested in a Tesla, is because it is a direct class competitor to the Audi sedans. Sports car people tend to like cars in general in my estimation with most likely a fondness for the overall driving character and handling, rather than just a 0-60 benchmark.

Your struggle with reading comprehension is real.
    2018 Daytona Gray S6 | S Sport | Black Optic | Carbon Atlas |

2011 Phantom Black S4 | S-Tronic | P+ | Nav | Sports Differential | Titanium Package | Silk Nappa | SOLD

AZ Member #

I like you currently own both a Panamera Turbo and an RS7. Jury is still out for me on which is "better". Porsche has too many damn buttons would be the only major critique thus far...lol
    2017 Audi RS7 Glacier White w/ Black Optics
    2014 Porsche Panamera Turbo Executive Amethyst