Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: Turbo question

Senior Member Four Rings VinnysS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Turbo question

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Yes I searched. No I didn't find the answer

Does anyone know if a K03 turbo from a b6 2.0 (with manifold ) will bolt up to a b5 1.8 in place of the current K03 and manifold?
    Any info is Much appreciated
    Vinny

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    1997 VW GTI VR6 (sold), 2003 Audi RS6 (sold), 2010 Audi A4 2.0T (RIP Totaled on 11/2/2015 ) 2005.5 Audi S4

My build log
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-s-s4-timeline

Texpoops "Correct, but a half inch difference isnít going to accelerate wear by much. Iím sure the front dips that much with a fatty in the front"

Veteran Member Four Rings Seerlah's Avatar
    AZ Member #

That is a B7. And the manifold mounting is different, so I would say no. It also has the n75 and recirculation valve electronically plumbed in, so that would be an extra no. But I'm sure you can figure a way to make it work. Just would not be worth it IMO.
    I hate it when my car acts like a little bitch, treating me like a bitch

Senior Member Four Rings VinnysS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Gotcha. Have a 2001 passat 1.8 and need a K03 and someone locally has a 2.0 K03. Juat seeing of it would work at all.
    Thx!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    1997 VW GTI VR6 (sold), 2003 Audi RS6 (sold), 2010 Audi A4 2.0T (RIP Totaled on 11/2/2015 ) 2005.5 Audi S4

My build log
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-s-s4-timeline

Texpoops "Correct, but a half inch difference isnít going to accelerate wear by much. Iím sure the front dips that much with a fatty in the front"

AZ Member #

No problem!

Veteran Member Four Rings redline380's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    3 B5's

If you are hell bent on using that turbo, adapters are available. There were all over the place before but I can't find them quickly now. You are looking to adapt the 1.8t head to use a 2.0 fsi/tfsi exhaust manifold
    "The American people already know that Bill Clinton is a bad boy, a naughty boy. I'm going to speak out for the citizens of my state who in the majority think that Bill Clinton is probably even a nasty, bad, naughty boy." Former Senator Idaho Senator Larry Craig, the man with a wide stance.

2001 A4 1.8TQMS Mods- GT2871R, Maestro, All things that are good.
    2000 A4 Avant 1.8TQMS- Daily Driver
    2000 S4- Working?

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

You can drill mounting holes to make it work sans adapter... but youíll need to tune the n75 and the recirc out use an MBC...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

It can def be made to work, just not sure it is worth the trouble when used direct swap ones can be sought for cheap. Can even come from a VW. Or even one with a CHRA that is a direct swap.

Modifying to me is all about thinking outside the box. But if just wanting to replace a blown stock turbo, I would personally go a different route.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Seerlah View Post
    It can def be made to work, just not sure it is worth the trouble when used direct swap ones can be sought for cheap. Can even come from a VW. Or even one with a CHRA that is a direct swap.

Modifying to me is all about thinking outside the box. But if just wanting to replace a blown stock turbo, I would personally go a different route.
    Iíd give this +1billion on reddit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk