Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

2018 or 2019 A5 Sportback

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    New here, trying to decide on an in inventory 2018 Prestige Sportback at end of model year, hoping for promotional pricing of some sort. Or wait for a 2019 and get exactly the equipment I want.

I assume only year to year difference will be paint? Or will they upgrade the HP on the 2.0 T to match the HP I have seen advertised on the VW Arteon, 268HP?
    (But it shows less torque than the Audi).
    Last edited by UA Wildcat; 09-15-2018 at 10:36 AM. Reason: posted in wrong forum section

Established Member Two Rings JD23's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I'm waiting for the 2019 because I hope they will have worked out a few bugs and the 2018 inventory is so low at this point that I would have to settle on colors and options. The order guide is already out and the visible changes are minimal.

AZ Member #

I am pretty sure that ADS is not available in the 2019 prestige models so if that is something you want then you will have to get a 2018.

AZ Member #

Yes, I later looked at the 2019 guide linked here on the site.
    Changes are subtle, you cannot get the sport suspension with the 18" wheels, ADS was not listed, and the driver assist package is now part of the Prestige model standard equipment. So expect a price increase on the Prestige and I will have to get the 19" wheels and summer tires I did not want as well as the drivers assistance package I did not want.
    But there are darn few 2018 left. And yet pricing is not yet out on the 2019. Seems like bad practice by Audi, few cars left and no 2019 in sight and no announced pricing.

Feel free to second guess my interpretation of the 2019 guide. My head hurts after while looking at all that stuff. Went to dealer for a test drive today and he confirmed basically what I said above.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by UA Wildcat View Post
    Yes, I later looked at the 2019 guide linked here on the site.
    Changes are subtle, you cannot get the sport suspension with the 18" wheels, ADS was not listed, and the driver assist package is now part of the Prestige model standard equipment. So expect a price increase on the Prestige and I will have to get the 19" wheels and summer tires I did not want as well as the drivers assistance package I did not want.
    But there are darn few 2018 left. And yet pricing is not yet out on the 2019. Seems like bad practice by Audi, few cars left and no 2019 in sight and no announced pricing.

Feel free to second guess my interpretation of the 2019 guide. My head hurts after while looking at all that stuff. Went to dealer for a test drive today and he confirmed basically what I said above.
    Your interpretation is correct. I believe that the nav package is now standard on P+. I don't want to pay extra for DAP, so I'm likely going with P+ instead of Prestige. I expect Audi sales will drop fo ther next couple of months with dwindling 2018 inventory and no 2019 deliveries in sight.

AZ Member #

New to Audi and the forum but just saw that Google Earth will become inoperable on 2018 and older models in December 2020. That is inexcusable IMO, yet it will cause me to wait for 2019 models

Senior Member Three Rings Senseless's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Is it possible that virtual cockpit will be standard in the new US Premium Plus and driver assist in the Prestige with only a small bump up in price?
    2012 S4- 6MT, Sport Diff, MMI Nav, B&O, Phantom Black, Red Silk Nappa, Adv Key. USP SS clutch line, sport shifter.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Senseless View Post
    Is it possible that virtual cockpit will be standard in the new US Premium Plus and driver assist in the Prestige with only a small bump up in price?
    From what I see in the 2019 Guide topview is only available in Prestige and Drivers assist becomes standard on Prestige. Small increase? How likely is that, haha. Drivers assist is something I will just turn off and it will be $1000 to $1800 upgrade

Senior Member Three Rings Senseless's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Drivers assist is the only way to get adaptive cruise control, right? That's really the feature I'm after. That's even standard on the base Camry at this point.
    2012 S4- 6MT, Sport Diff, MMI Nav, B&O, Phantom Black, Red Silk Nappa, Adv Key. USP SS clutch line, sport shifter.

AZ Member #

2019 pricing is up on www.carsdirect.com. Assuming these numbers are correct, Premium Plus pricing for the A5 and S5 are close to last year, assuming one ordered navigation, and Prestige has been increased accordingly to account for the inclusion of DAP. It also appears that the Premium Plus S4 had a stealth increase by removing B&O as a standard item.

AZ Member #

Thanks, but I must have a brain cramp. I can only get the site to show a Premium Plus configuration, no Premium or Prestige. Tried it multiple times