Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 15 2018
    AZ Member #
    414102
    Location
    Vancouver, WA

    C6 A6 3.0T Best Power Mods

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Okay so I just got back from the track and I am very happy and now I have the mod bug hard....

    Ran a 13.2 @ 106 with full tank of gas and tire in the rear.... and I mean full tank like I filled it before going to the track.

    Was a "bad day" according to some of the veterans. Raced a tuned 335 there that ran a 13.8 for reference.

    I know a ynnekdude got a 12.55 with his c6 a6 3.0t in the 1/4 on pump gas which is the same as s4....

    I am looking to get into the 12s.

    Right now I have EPL stage 2 crank pulley and stock everything else.

    Looking to go with new air filter, and new intake, and then possibly exhaust as I think those in that order are my biggest restrictions.

    Any recommendation? Ynnekdude used a modified roc euro intake I believe - so I might just go with that....

    What about exhaust? Will that let out more power?


    I don't care about sound etc - just looking for the most performance.

  2. #2
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 15 2018
    AZ Member #
    414102
    Location
    Vancouver, WA

    Update: Just raced a stage 2 Audi S4 6MT that has exhaust intake, etc everything basically.

    It was head to head the entire time and at the end of the race his bumper at my nose.

    Very happy with these results.

    I think with intake and exhaust I will be able to pass him

  3. #3
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 15 2018
    AZ Member #
    414102
    Location
    Vancouver, WA

    Does anyone know if this: https://roc-euro.com/products/roc-eu...-intake-system

    Comes with the air filter and everything?

    Basically can I just take off my entire current intake and get this new one without having to buy a new air filter etc

  4. #4
    Senior Member Three Rings KBRUCE23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 15 2014
    AZ Member #
    303030
    My Garage
    Q5 & F150
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD

    Do yourself a favor and check out the S4 forum with that, seems like thereís a really long lead time for the roc-euro. Although I think Sin got his pretty quickly, Iíve seen tons of complaints. Not bashing the product as I have no experience with them, just an fyi


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011 Audi A6 3.0T

  5. #5
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 15 2018
    AZ Member #
    414102
    Location
    Vancouver, WA

    Quote Originally Posted by KBRUCE23 View Post
    Do yourself a favor and check out the S4 forum with that, seems like thereís a really long lead time for the roc-euro. Although I think Sin got his pretty quickly, Iíve seen tons of complaints. Not bashing the product as I have no experience with them, just an fyi


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you have any recommendations that work for c6 a6 3.0t

  6. #6
    Senior Member Three Rings KBRUCE23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 15 2014
    AZ Member #
    303030
    My Garage
    Q5 & F150
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD

    I had the one from USP on my car for about 3 years and it was great, although it was a little more than the Roceuro, but zero issues in over 60k miles. Not even a loose screw lol. I just looked on their website and itís $423.99. A bit overpriced but it is what it is


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011 Audi A6 3.0T

  7. #7
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 15 2018
    AZ Member #
    414102
    Location
    Vancouver, WA

    Quote Originally Posted by KBRUCE23 View Post
    I had the one from USP on my car for about 3 years and it was great, although it was a little more than the Roceuro, but zero issues in over 60k miles. Not even a loose screw lol. I just looked on their website and itís $423.99. A bit overpriced but it is what it is


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you have any threads regarding modifying the stock intake system?

  8. #8
    Established Member Three Rings MSq5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14 2017
    AZ Member #
    393251
    Location
    Gulfport, MS

    Quote Originally Posted by NickLim View Post
    Do you have any threads regarding modifying the stock intake system?
    Those threads are in the S4 forum. Most of the really fast cars are using the stock airbox with a stiff, reinforced tube to the throttle body, and a high flow drop in filter. The stock airbox is true cold air drawing its air through a snorkel to the front grill. Some also drill one or more holes in the side of the air box on the side facing the passenger side headlight drawing cool air from there.

    Those are cars are turning high 10s to low 11s in the 125 mph trap speed range.
    2017 Q5 3.0T S-Line | Brilliant Black | EPL Stage 2 93 octane tune | JHM 179mm crank pulley | aFe Pro 5R (part#10-10121) filter in "modified" stock air box | 034 silicone throttle body hose

  9. #9
    Senior Member Three Rings KBRUCE23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 15 2014
    AZ Member #
    303030
    My Garage
    Q5 & F150
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD

    Quote Originally Posted by MSq5 View Post
    Those threads are in the S4 forum. Most of the really fast cars are using the stock airbox with a stiff, reinforced tube to the throttle body, and a high flow drop in filter. The stock airbox is true cold air drawing its air through a snorkel to the front grill. Some also drill one or more holes in the side of the air box on the side facing the passenger side headlight drawing cool air from there.

    Those are cars are turning high 10s to low 11s in the 125 mph trap speed range.
    ^^^What he said


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011 Audi A6 3.0T



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.