Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 A6 3.0T Prestige + others

Went test drove RS7 today and..........BOOM

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I love the car, so much more refined than A6. The comfort seat feels so much nicer as well.
    Love the sports exhaust, specially when you downshift in dynamic mode and the popping sound from the exhaust.

Now the sad part, I probably can't sell my A6 now, on my way back, this old lady in old Hyundai hit me as we both making right turns. I am on the outer lane and she is on the inner lane but she turns into my lane (more like middle of both lane). How can you not see a car right in front of you. Sigh.....

Damage doesn't look so bad, but it did got 5 pieces (rear bumper, rear qtr panel, rear passenger door, side skirt and wheel). Wonder how much it would cost to fix that.

P_20180914_224259.jpegP_20180914_154815.jpeg

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Audizine mobile app
    Last edited by yeuchau; 09-15-2018 at 11:11 AM.
    - Michael
    2012 A6 3.0T Prestige: GIAC S2 / Injen Intake / Deval rear diffuser / OEM muffler mod (Quad Tips + X-Pipe) / Eurocode drivetrain inserts / 034 Swaybar / Volk wheels / KW V1/ RS front grill / Carbon trunk spoiler / Carbon mirror / Stoptech rotors.

Muffler Tips for sale: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-tips-for-sale

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

What did dealership say/do

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I'm sure you can still negotiate with a damaged car. Get an estimate from your insurance, get a check and trade it in. May not be the best in your financial favor, but if you really like the RS7, you can still get it sooner than later.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by yeuchau View Post
    this old lady in old Hyundai hit me as we both making right turns. I am on the outer lane and she is on the inner lane but she turns into my lane (more like middle of both lane). How can you not see a car right in front of you. Sigh.....
    Audizine mobile app
    I hate it when people do this, and it's so common that you always have to beware in such situations. Crappy drivers don't understand that when there's multiple turning lanes, you're supposed to stay in the same lane that you began the turn from. When I honk at them, they're looking at me like I'm the idiot

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NickLim View Post
    What did dealership say/do
    Nothing to do with dealership, this happened after I left.
    - Michael
    2012 A6 3.0T Prestige: GIAC S2 / Injen Intake / Deval rear diffuser / OEM muffler mod (Quad Tips + X-Pipe) / Eurocode drivetrain inserts / 034 Swaybar / Volk wheels / KW V1/ RS front grill / Carbon trunk spoiler / Carbon mirror / Stoptech rotors.

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by turbonator S6 View Post
    I hate it when people do this, and it's so common that you always have to beware in such situations. Crappy drivers don't understand that when there's multiple turning lanes, you're supposed to stay in the same lane that you began the turn from. When I honk at them, they're looking at me like I'm the idiot
    Exactly
    I hope they total since the car is already 6 years old and worth slightly over 20k only.
    If they donít, I wonder if I canít request to repaint the whole car?
    - Michael

AZ Member #

Oh so you crashed your a6 aftee testing driving rs7...

Way thread was written I thought this happened on test drive

Veteran Member Four Rings ericw.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #

Wait it out. Chances are this car is totaled. Go to the most expensive shop in your area and tell the body shop who is writing the estimate that you want it totaled too.

Those rear quarter panels are part of the roof line and labor is pretty crazy to remove and replace them. That's an instant 3-5k in labor alone for 1 panel.
    IG @lolzhax // agilitydrives.us
    C7 S7 4.0tt | LX7U | APR STG1 ECU+TCU | S-FloV2 | EUROCODE SWAYS | CETE ASC | RFX7 | EVO2 | RS7 FR+R | Indicator Delete | Hardwired | Straight Piped
    b7 a4 2.0t | Stage 2+ | DTM Body | All the bolt-on mods | [sold]

AZ Member #

Does anyone know what happens if this same situation were to happen while test driving a dealership car

AZ Member #

Happened at my dealership the day before I bought my S6 a few years ago. Apparently, someone test driving a new RS7 got a little too "confident" on a wet offramp and slid off the road...Banged it up pretty good. My salesman said the dealership's insurance was probably going to cover the damages, but that they were going to have to sell the car as "used".

Active Member One Ring btb.tyler09's Avatar
    AZ Member #

You may actually be able to get more money for it if they don't total it and you still trade it in. Mostly depends if the dealer thinks they can fix the damage easily. I would get your repair estimate and then ask your dealer what they would offer for trade in like robd88 says. Lots of repair shops will replace the entire panel instead of pulling the dents driving the cost up. Based on the pics this looks like a pretty easy fix. Ask the insurance about adding depreciation from the accident too.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Audizine mobile app

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ericw. View Post
    Wait it out. Chances are this car is totaled. Go to the most expensive shop in your area and tell the body shop who is writing the estimate that you want it totaled too.

Those rear quarter panels are part of the roof line and labor is pretty crazy to remove and replace them. That's an instant 3-5k in labor alone for 1 panel.
    I will take it to couple body shop to get quote and see what they say.
    - Michael

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by btb.tyler09 View Post
    You may actually be able to get more money for it if they don't total it and you still trade it in. Mostly depends if the dealer thinks they can fix the damage easily. I would get your repair estimate and then ask your dealer what they would offer for trade in like robd88 says. Lots of repair shops will replace the entire panel instead of pulling the dents driving the cost up. Based on the pics this looks like a pretty easy fix. Ask the insurance about adding depreciation from the accident too.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Audizine mobile app
    Maybe I will take it to carmax and see what they offer in current condition and see what insurance will offer.
    - Michael

Active Member Two Rings prestige.phantom's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Thatís too bad. I had an idiot rear end me at a stop light in January (totaled my all road), so I know how much that sucks. Hope everything works out for you and you get a good deal on that RS7!

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2013 Audi A6 Prestige
    Phantom Black Pearl | Nougat Brown | LED Headlights | Coldweather PKG | 20" Sport PKG Wheels and 3 spoke heated steering wheel | Continental DWS 06 Tires | Ebay "Rings" Puddle Lights | Aluminum Ebay Paddle Extensions | AWE Touring Exhaust On Order |

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Took it to the body shop (as recommend by my insurance) to get the quote, it only came out to be ~$2500.
    Also the rear qtr panel won't be removed, they will just hammer it back and paint it.

I feel like it might work against me (as in car value when I sell it), since it's not involved in accident.
    I wonder how much of "diminished value" I can get for the car.

I need to call the lady's insurance company and see what they say.
    - Michael

Veteran Member Four Rings ericw.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by yeuchau View Post
    Took it to the body shop (as recommend by my insurance) to get the quote, it only came out to be ~$2500.
    Also the rear qtr panel won't be removed, they will just hammer it back and paint it.

I feel like it might work against me (as in car value when I sell it), since it's not involved in accident.
    I wonder how much of "diminished value" I can get for the car.

I need to call the lady's insurance company and see what they say.
    I would dispute this hammering idea and go elsewhere. You're in CA where you're entitled to a diminished value claim that will compensate you for the lost value of the vehicle. You're in prime position for this also since you're trading the vehicle in and likely already had a value set for the car.

Now you just need to provide the vehicle trade in value pre and post accident.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ericw.; 09-17-2018 at 06:32 PM.
    IG @lolzhax // agilitydrives.us
    C7 S7 4.0tt | LX7U | APR STG1 ECU+TCU | S-FloV2 | EUROCODE SWAYS | CETE ASC | RFX7 | EVO2 | RS7 FR+R | Indicator Delete | Hardwired | Straight Piped
    b7 a4 2.0t | Stage 2+ | DTM Body | All the bolt-on mods | [sold]

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I would think that finding a used part of a wrecked car would be easier and better than "hammering" out the dent on a really expensive car. I'm assuming that part of the body like much of the car, is aluminum?

If you were hit, how is this your problem to deal with? I'd negotiate with whomever you're trading in on it with, maybe on a repair price, they can't fix it, and the person that hit you can pay for it. Like others have said, the dealer cost of the repair is going to be a lot less than going through insurance or regular retain channels, and maybe you can get that price, and negotiate with the person to pay for that amount (or a portion of it) to get the title clean.

That sucks though. I was actually very worried driving my RS7 in Chicago, and staying at a hotel on the trip to trade it in, that something was going to happen to it....
    2012 Panamera Turbo S Basalt Black Metallic and $186,000 worth of goodies (thank you depreciation)
    (previous cars)
    2014 RS7 Phantom Black --2014 Jeep SRT--2011 CTSV -- 2006 Magnum SRT - 2004 Neon SRT -- 1999 C5 Corvette -- 1999 Trans AM WS6 -- 1991 Cougar XR7

"Love lots of cars, and one good woman"

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 SQ5

I'm with the others, trade it in damaged. Not worth the time and hassle to get it repaired. Dealer doesn't care. At the very least get a trade-in value from the dealer. I learned this the hard way after my B5 was broken into back in the day. I went through all the time and hassle to get it repaired just to have the dealer say "When was this repaired..., you should have just traded it in damaged." And the repair was flawless since they replaced the whole door. They could tell by paint thickness. oh well, live and learn.
    Sorry for the poor pics. this was 13 years ago

8_20_2005 Audi Damage 007.jpg

9_16_2005 Audi after repairs 008.jpg
    Last edited by gk1; 09-19-2018 at 07:42 AM.
    2015 S6 Quartz Gray
    Black, Carbon, Night, Cold, DA, ACC, VCDS lowered, 034 Trans mounts, EuroCode Alu-Kreuz, {APR v1.1 & TCU}, Rohana RF2 20x9, 11.660@114.83 (4615lbs.)
    2014 SQ5 Glacier White
    Black Nappa, Carbon, B&O, NAV, 21's, stock 13.527@102.11 (4615lbs.)

2012 S4 S-Tronic Monsoon Gray, Stage II 12.868@107.8 (4275lbs.)
    2008 A6 3.2Q S-Line Daytona Gray
    2007 A4 2.0T S-Line Ice Silver
    2001 S4 Nogaro Blue, Stage I 14.746@95.29 (3944lbs.)

Established Member Two Rings Laserrs's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Make sure and push for a Diminished Valuation when settling with her insurance!
    2014 A6 3.0t Prem Plus Ice Silver/Black 19" sport Vag Com