Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings climb4hope's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    01 Allroad 2.7T manual, 02 Allroad 2.7T auto

3" Downpipes Question

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Are there any good alternatives to the 100cpsi cat 3" downpipes less expensive than Wagner: https://store.034motorsport.com/wagn...-rs4-2-7t.html ?

I don't want to go completely catless. 100-200 cpsi cat is what I'm looking for.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08 A4 Avant, 05 Silver S4 2.7t swap

You can get catted 3” downpipes from SSAC. The cats are in the midpipes. I am running catless version now but have run ones with cats previously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Two Rings climb4hope's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    01 Allroad 2.7T manual, 02 Allroad 2.7T auto

Quote Originally Posted by jbain2 View Post
    You can get catted 3” downpipes from SSAC. The cats are in the midpipes. I am running catless version now but have run ones with cats previously.
    Thanks. Looks like a pretty good deal. The two options they have on the website with the cats have downpipes w/o the flex pipe. Any concerns or the vibrations are well handled by the exhaust suspension? Will send them a message.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08 A4 Avant, 05 Silver S4 2.7t swap

Quote Originally Posted by climb4hope View Post
    Thanks. Looks like a pretty good deal. The two options they have on the website with the cats have downpipes w/o the flex pipe. Any concerns or the vibrations are well handled by the exhaust suspension? Will send them a message.
    I have run them on 2 cars now and there are a ton of folks in the B5 S4 world using them. I haven’t heard anything about durability issues. Fitment can be iffy but as long as you are willing to work with it and given you will have the motor out of the car it should be that much easier.

There are a few vendors that you can purchase through. I ordered mine through ProjectB5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk