Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: 2.0T ECU Tune

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

2.0T ECU Tune

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys,
    Have a 2007 A4 2.0T, and was looking at getting a stage 1/1.5 ECU tune, possibly APR or JHM. All I have is an APR carbonio intake and a magnaflow catback exhaust along with the GFB DV spacer. Let me know what you guys have and recommend as far as the ECU tunes as well as any other upgrades?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings vce1232000's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    83 MK1 GTI Callaway Turbo stg II

Quote Originally Posted by QQQQuattro View Post
    Hey guys,
    Have a 2007 A4 2.0T, and was looking at getting a stage 1/1.5 ECU tune, possibly APR or JHM. All I have is an APR carbonio intake and a magnaflow catback exhaust along with the GFB DV spacer. Let me know what you guys have and recommend as far as the ECU tunes as well as any other upgrades?

Thanks!
    I have a 600.00 tune credit from JHM. Ill sell to you for $525.00. Since your in NJ. Hopeful close we can do it @ a tune shop close to me that does JHM tune flashing. It was attended to use for a different KO4 tune. But I changed my mine and will stick with APR's tune
    APR KO4, APR HPFP,RS4 LPFP Cntr,145 bar PRV, APR TP, TT DP, GFB DV+, AWE FMIC, BFI CC, AWE Exhaust, RS4 Exh tips, ST CO, 034 RSB,034 St Dnsty Mtr Mts, New Sth West Bst guage, B7 RS4 8 pot Calipers.Stop Tech slotted rotors.Goodridge SS brake lines frt & rr. Hawk HPS frt & rr. RS4 PS rack, RS4 Servotronic Relay,RS4 rims. S4 mirror caps,RS4 Mesh Style Grill,LED tail lites
    S4 Recaro Front & Rear seats. Led Interior Kit,United LED's fog lites
    2007 A4 Avant 2.0T Tiptronic 6spd

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I had the 034 Motorsport Stage 1 on my '07 2.0T 6MT, and it was a shocking increase in power from stock. Friggin' awesome. Driveability was unchanged and the fuel economy with normal driving actually improved.

You don't need any other mods to run it and get the stated power numbers, though I had them install the Autotech hpfp internals, and did a carbon cleaning/injector cleaning while the car was with them.

They did my tune before it was for sale publicly, so you'll even be getting a more refined revision of it. Absolutely no complaints, and they're a fantastic company all around so I highly encourage supporting them. High quality everything.

You'll need the cable rental, unless a shop near you is offering it but well worth that bit of cost to get this tune.

Wish I didn't have to sell that car a few months back I miss her. (don't ask, it's complicated)

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by vce1232000 View Post
    I have a 600.00 tune credit from JHM. Ill sell to you for $525.00. Since your in NJ. Hopeful close we can do it @ a tune shop close to me that does JHM tune flashing. It was attended to use for a different KO4 tune. But I changed my mine and will stick with APR's tune
    Thatís tempting...just curious, what made you want to stick with APR. I heard APR is a more linear tune compared to other tunes on the market?

Veteran Member Four Rings vvenom800tt's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Motoza is good.

APRs tune is also 13 years old. I have apr and i want to change to motoza who tailors your tune to your car and gives you free revisions to perfect the tune to your car.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Audizine mobile app
    2005.5 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T 6MT - APR - 034 - Custom 3" single exhaust - 17z Brembo - GFB - Alzor - Kumho - ST - Injen - Swift - Hyperco - ECS - Saikou Michi - PowerFlex - Podi

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by lumberwood View Post
    I had the 034 Motorsport Stage 1 on my '07 2.0T 6MT, and it was a shocking increase in power from stock. Friggin' awesome. Driveability was unchanged and the fuel economy with normal driving actually improved.

You don't need any other mods to run it and get the stated power numbers, though I had them install the Autotech hpfp internals, and did a carbon cleaning/injector cleaning while the car was with them.

They did my tune before it was for sale publicly, so you'll even be getting a more refined revision of it. Absolutely no complaints, and they're a fantastic company all around so I highly encourage supporting them. High quality everything.

You'll need the cable rental, unless a shop near you is offering it but well worth that bit of cost to get this tune.

Wish I didn't have to sell that car a few months back I miss her. (don't ask, it's complicated)
    Thanks for the recommendation, I actually didnít know 034motorsports had a tune. Found out the tuner down my block does it, Iíll have to talk to him about it. Deff one to consider

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by lumberwood View Post

Apparently 034 tune is down 30+hp on unitronics k04

Veteran Member Four Rings Andrew149's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Apparently 034 tune is down 30+hp on unitronics k04

Is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Audi A4 Avant 2.0t 6speed
    JHM K04 tune, JHM Large FMIC, JHM Full B6 S4 exhaust system, JHM HPFP UPGRADE, JHM RS4 clutch, JHM Shifter Knob, S3 Injectors, K04 Turbo, RS4 Grille, RS4 RSB, H&R Sport Spring, K&N, Bilstein Sport Shocks, Snub Mount, AWE Boost Gauge, 034 motor mounts, 034 Transmission mount, 15mm Rear Spacers, 12mm Front Spacers, Audi TT wheels, Recaro B6 S4 Seats, Mt90 Trans oil.

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew149 View Post
    Is it?

Running 104 octane. Not an apples to apples comparison.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Thatís tempting...just curious, what made you want to stick with APR. I heard APR is a more linear tune compared to other tunes on the market?
    I was waiting for a finalized KO4 tune. I just got tired of waiting
    APR KO4, APR HPFP,RS4 LPFP Cntr,145 bar PRV, APR TP, TT DP, GFB DV+, AWE FMIC, BFI CC, AWE Exhaust, RS4 Exh tips, ST CO, 034 RSB,034 St Dnsty Mtr Mts, New Sth West Bst guage, B7 RS4 8 pot Calipers.Stop Tech slotted rotors.Goodridge SS brake lines frt & rr. Hawk HPS frt & rr. RS4 PS rack, RS4 Servotronic Relay,RS4 rims. S4 mirror caps,RS4 Mesh Style Grill,LED tail lites

Veteran Member Four Rings Andrew149's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by vce1232000 View Post
    I was waiting for a finalized KO4 tune. I just got tired of waiting
    Apr hasnít touched this platform in a long time.

2008 Audi A4 Avant 2.0t 6speed
    JHM K04 tune, JHM Large FMIC, JHM Full B6 S4 exhaust system, JHM HPFP UPGRADE, JHM RS4 clutch, JHM Shifter Knob, S3 Injectors, K04 Turbo, RS4 Grille, RS4 RSB, H&R Sport Spring, K&N, Bilstein Sport Shocks, Snub Mount, AWE Boost Gauge, 034 motor mounts, 034 Transmission mount, 15mm Rear Spacers, 12mm Front Spacers, Audi TT wheels, Recaro B6 S4 Seats, Mt90 Trans oil.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I understand that. But @ least its not a beta tune awaiting to be finished

Veteran Member Four Rings texasboy21's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Mustang GT Performance Package, 1983 Chevy Silverado

Luckily the B7 hasnt changed since they calibrated their tune. It might have been made a decade ago, but it is still a solid tune with true R&D and testing. You know the APR tune will work as it should, trouble free.
    2005.5 6 speed with the Premium, Lighting, Sport, and Cold Weather packages

Pag Parts EFR 6758 kit, Pag Parts intake/FMIC/manifold/downpipe, Eurodyne Boost Manager Plus, Eurodyne Maestro, StopTech 332mm BBK, Stasis Touring suspension

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Why would they have to if their R&D was good to begin with? Nothing has changed. We still have the same 91, 93 and 100+ octane fuel, the cars still have basically the same aftermarket parts available. Why would they need to revise the tune if it was adequate to begin with?

Active Member Two Rings TheCheng's Avatar
    AZ Member #

APR stage 1 feels great, smooth power delivery across the rev range. Not sure about stage 1.5 with APR, don't see them listing it on their site, but I have heard about it.
    Also look at stage 2 and having a high flow cat/test pipe and down pipe.
    Gone
    B5 A4 1.8T Stage 1
    B5 A4 1.8T Stage 1+

Current
    B7 A4 2.0TQ APR

Never
    B7 S4 Manual (Never Imported to Australia)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by TheCheng View Post
    APR stage 1 feels great, smooth power delivery across the rev range. Not sure about stage 1.5 with APR, don't see them listing it on their site, but I have heard about it.
    Also look at stage 2 and having a high flow cat/test pipe and down pipe.
    There is no 1.5

It 1 or 2

2005.5 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T 6MT - APR - 034 - Custom 3" single exhaust - 17z Brembo - GFB - Alzor - Kumho - ST - Injen - Swift - Hyperco - ECS - Saikou Michi - PowerFlex - Podi

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

JHM or bust. The APR tune is outdated, circa 2008 when it first came out. Other tunes have surpassed their power levels with JHM being recognized as the best.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by wootwoot View Post
    JHM or bust. The APR tune is outdated, circa 2008 when it first came out. Other tunes have surpassed their power levels with JHM being recognized as the best.
    I wouldnít say JHM is the best. Itís good for an OTS tune, but nothing earth shattering. There are several other new tunes popping up. The most interesting in my opinion comes from Motoza. They seem to be highly respected in the B5/6 platform. If I hadnít already gone from REVO to JHM, Iíd consider them strongly. Iím done modding this car though.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvania A4 View Post
    I wouldnít say JHM is the best. Itís good for an OTS tune, but nothing earth shattering. There are several other new tunes popping up. The most interesting in my opinion comes from Motoza. They seem to be highly respected in the B5/6 platform. If I hadnít already gone from REVO to JHM, Iíd consider them strongly. Iím done modding this car though.

Motoza looks interesting but I haven't been able to find any actual user reviews on it. JHM has tons of reviews over the years with many being users that had experienced prior tunes and even some Dyno charts comparing JHM to competitors. I moved from an APR Stage 2+ and can tell you that JHM is night and day faster (butt Dyno). I'm hoping someone that flashes Motoza will provide feedback to the forum.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by wootwoot View Post
    Motoza looks interesting but I haven't been able to find any actual user reviews on it. JHM has tons of reviews over the years with many being users that had experienced prior tunes and even some Dyno charts comparing JHM to competitors. I moved from an APR Stage 2+ and can tell you that JHM is night and day faster (butt Dyno). I'm hoping someone that flashes Motoza will provide feedback to the forum.
    I had Motoza on my B6 and i have nothing but praise. Flashed stage 1 and then later when the forum discovered 550cc Mustang injectors for cheap they made a stage 1+ on the spot for that size injector. (As apposed to their OTS 1+ which was for either 386cc or 440cc) No questions asked. Flashed 1+ and drove like a champ.

Active Member Two Rings TheCheng's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by vvenom800tt View Post
    There is no 1.5

It 1 or 2

That's what i thought, till my local apr dealer checked the loaded tune from the og owner who purchased the tune in 2006, maybe they had it and removed it later on. Not sure otherwise. But they scanned my ecu tune and it showed Stage 1.5 which confused us all.
    Gone
    B5 A4 1.8T Stage 1
    B5 A4 1.8T Stage 1+

Current
    B7 A4 2.0TQ APR

Never
    B7 S4 Manual (Never Imported to Australia)

Veteran Member Four Rings texasboy21's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Mustang GT Performance Package, 1983 Chevy Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by TheCheng View Post
    That's what i thought, till my local apr dealer checked the loaded tune from the og owner who purchased the tune in 2006, maybe they had it and removed it later on. Not sure otherwise. But they scanned my ecu tune and it showed Stage 1.5 which confused us all.
    I dont know about any half stages, but I do know APR revamped their nomenclature on the older platforms a few years ago.
    2005.5 6 speed with the Premium, Lighting, Sport, and Cold Weather packages

Pag Parts EFR 6758 kit, Pag Parts intake/FMIC/manifold/downpipe, Eurodyne Boost Manager Plus, Eurodyne Maestro, StopTech 332mm BBK, Stasis Touring suspension