Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Removing Roof Channel Trim

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Has anyone removed the roof channel trim? I've searched around and couldn't find much info regarding our cars. The best I've found is this thread that provides a part number.

I was able to pull each end up but the rest of the trim wasn't budging. With the price of this part, I'm hesitant to rip it off without hearing about prior experience.

Pictures of the part are included. Thank you in advance!

My images have rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise when I uploaded to audizine. I'm not seeing how to remove the old images (first post), but they should still show the trim fine.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by marktoe; 09-14-2018 at 06:50 AM.

Established Member Two Rings charmar's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I had these pieces off when I had my car repainted last year. You need to work them out very slowly and carefully to keep from bending them. I got one end picked up enough to hold onto it, then kept steady upward pressure while working it out with a flat blade screwdriver padded with a soft cloth. As I remember, it worked best to pry under the rubber seal that the metal strip is pressed into. The seal can be peeled off after the whole piece is off the car. It would be a good idea to mark the front side of the pieces, as it can be difficult to tell after they removed. Good luck

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Thank you! That helps a lot, I just wasn't sure if there were any specific direction clips or the like.

Established Member Two Rings charmar's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Nope, it's just a T-shaped metal strip that fits into the rubber seal.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Three Rings A4_PimP's Avatar
    AZ Member #

OK so is there a trick to getting it to stay seated? One my care the front and rear ends are always popped up. I push down on them and they go back down but then after a couple days they are up again. Do I just need to apply more pressure?

Veteran Member Four Rings RDA990's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by A4_PimP View Post
    OK so is there a trick to getting it to stay seated? One my care the front and rear ends are always popped up. I push down on them and they go back down but then after a couple days they are up again. Do I just need to apply more pressure?
    This is happening to mine in the rear. They were removed when the side was painted after an accident and I believe they bent it a bit. I think the solution for this would be to remove it and bend it a bit downwards so it stays seated.
    Brilliant Red 2004 A4 1.8T quattro Ultrasport
    Frankenturbo F21L | Motoza Tuning | FMIC | Test Pipe | Bosch 550cc | 710n DV | Podi Boost Gauge | 21 PSI

Dolphin Gray A4 1.8T quattro 2004
    Brilliant Red A4 2.0T quattro 2007
    DIY - A4 B6 Boost Leak Test

Veteran Member Three Rings A4_PimP's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by RDA990 View Post
    This is happening to mine in the rear. They were removed when the side was painted after an accident and I believe they bent it a bit. I think the solution for this would be to remove it and bend it a bit downwards so it stays seated.
    I bought my car used but I'm starting to see evidence like it was repainted. I'm going to give that a try taking them out and bending them downwards I'll let you know how it goes.