Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Best shock/struts to pair with H&R OE springs for A5

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Recently picked up a 2012 Audi A5 2.0T Quattro with 85K miles from a family member and looking into refreshing the car a bit. This is daily driver so I'm looking to retain as much of the stock feel (comfort) as possible. A little bit of research has led me to the H&R OE springs which should give me the drop I'm looking for while retaining the comfort for a daily (I don't have the S-line package on my car so it should be significant enough). What is the best shock/strut to combine this with? At 85K miles I likely need to change the suspension out although it feels pretty good still, but don't want to just add springs to the current suspension. Would the B8 bilsteins be an option or Koni yellows? Any other suspension components to swap out while I'm in there? Top hats?

I'm super new to Audi's (been a long time BMW guy - currently have an E46 M3 as my weekend car and active over on m3forum.net) but signed up for Audizine over a decade ago and never got around to picking up an Audi til now

Veteran Member Three Rings VR6Bomber's Avatar
    AZ Member #

DRTL

Bilsteins

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Bilstein B6/B8? Or B12 prokit? I'm partial to Koni Sport's (yellow) and wanted to see if they are valved for the H&R OE's?

Active Member Two Rings Brad Williams's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have the koni yellows with eibach lowering springs. Feels just a little better than stock for a daily, not to tough on the low setting, handles on rails. I would also recommend while in there looking at the upper control arms. Have them replaced if worn. The start to go in those miles. The yellows fit H&R springs fine, my understanding is the would be a little firmer than the eibach’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine