Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Three Rings JWebb_C7_Comp's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 A6 Comp, 2017 Q7

C7 stage 1 zero to 60 Time

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys,

My 2018 A6 Comp (3.0T) is now APR Plus (stage 1 tune backed by warranty). Anyway, I tested 0-60 times on two separate days and am seeing consistent 5.1 to 5.2 seconds. That seems slower than I anticipated. I had expected to see sub 5; perhaps 4.6-4.8 range?

To launch, I simply turned off traction control to the point where I get the warning on dash, then I put the car in manual mode, floor it and let the transmission auto up-shift. I did the same with trans in drive and also in sport.

Timing is with DashCommand via Carista BT device.

What times are you all seeing?

What should I reasonably expect?

@APR do you have any stats on stage 1 2018 A6?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Three Rings digdah's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Dont know what you should expect in terms of times however, you missed one step/process. You need to pre-load it by using your left foot to hold down the brake, floor the accelerator with your right foot, then release the brake within 5 seconds to properly launch. At least that is how it works on a C7 S6. I imagine it is the same for the 3.0Ts. Everything else you did was correct and I think you can be in sport OR manual mode for it to work. Oh, you could also turn off the AC :D
    2013 S6 | Phantom Black Pearl | Innovation Package | BOSE + JL Audio Micro Sub| Milltek non-resonated catback |APR Stage 1 |Avant Garde M510

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 A6 Comp, 2017 Q7

Thanks digdah. I'll do a "brake torque" style launch next time to see if that helps. I'm guessing lighter 19" wheels will help too, but I won't be swapping to winter wheels until Thanksgiving (roughly).

It would be great to see what other C7s are getting for 0-60 times with APR stage 1..
    Last edited by JWebb_C7_Comp; 09-13-2018 at 08:34 AM.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JWebb_C7_Comp View Post
    Thanks digdah. I'll do a "brake torque" style launch next time to see if that helps. I'm guessing lighter 19" wheels will help too, but I won't be swapping to winter wheels until Thanksgiving (roughly).

It would be great to see what other C7s are getting for 0-60 times with APR stage 1..
    "p3u" on here has his C7 down to like 3.2 or 3.3, Stage 2 though

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 A6 3.0T Prestige + others

Quote Originally Posted by tmaclax013 View Post
    p3u has a lot more than standard stage 2 (single pulley).
    He has dual pulley+cooling+ported supercharger...etc

to OP, how did you measure your 0-60? is it with draggy?
    - Michael
    2012 A6 3.0T Prestige: GIAC S2 / Injen Intake / Deval rear diffuser / OEM muffler mod (Quad Tips + X-Pipe) / Eurocode drivetrain inserts / 034 Swaybar / Volk wheels / KW V1/ RS front grill / Carbon trunk spoiler / Carbon mirror / Stoptech rotors.

Muffler Tips for sale: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-tips-for-sale

Senior Member Four Rings cobrario's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Q5 3.0T, 2016 Tacoma Sport Crew, 87 Buick Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by tmaclax013 View Post
    Melen2120 also is in the low 3's but those guys are far beyond stage 2 - that said 5.1 is a stock equivalent 0-60, try the brake tq method and try to let the car sit on about 2600 rpms (or whatever the max stall speed is on the A6) for just a split second then release, you should also have engaged MAX mode shifting that way which will improve your 0-60. I'd think any thing better than 4.7 is a win and makes your stage 1 purchase worthwhile.
    2016 RS7 Daytona Gray Pearl, Carbon Black, B&O, Cete ASC, Full Suntek, CQFinest, Neidfaktor CF Mirror Caps, 20x10 Rohana RF2 Matte Black, PSS, AWE S-Flo 2.0, MRC CF Inlets, APR DP's, HPT DIY TCU, APR Stage 2 back on 93
    Stock: 11.212@ 122.81
    Best APR I on GT260+: 10.40 @ 131.65 980DA & 10.42 @ 132.87 1565 DA (via actual time slip)
    Best APR II on GT260+: TBA
    IG @cobrario_rs7 & @audivstheworld

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 A6 3.0T Prestige + others

Also, just for reference, my stage 2 (single pulley) does anywhere between 4 to 4.8 depending how it was launched.
    This is on 90 degree weather via Draggy.
    - Michael
    2012 A6 3.0T Prestige: GIAC S2 / Injen Intake / Deval rear diffuser / OEM muffler mod (Quad Tips + X-Pipe) / Eurocode drivetrain inserts / 034 Swaybar / Volk wheels / KW V1/ RS front grill / Carbon trunk spoiler / Carbon mirror / Stoptech rotors.

Muffler Tips for sale: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-tips-for-sale

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 A6 Comp, 2017 Q7

Quote Originally Posted by yeuchau View Post
    p3u has a lot more than standard stage 2 (single pulley).
    He has dual pulley+cooling+ported supercharger...etc

to OP, how did you measure your 0-60? is it with draggy?
    I used DashCommand, which is an application connected with on OBDII via Carista Bluetooth gizmo..

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Hey!
    Interesting info, thanks!
    I don't do the 0-60 timed and all and wouldn't have a good place to do it either. Not my thing.
    But, do have the lap timer enabled to see boost and when it says to shift for the best response.

Anyway, I have a new 2016 A6 3.0 TDI...very quick, but, helps to already be going around 20-30 mph. ha

Was reading the manual (again) and noticed something interesting...The Tiptronic trans in the 3.0 TFSI (2016 this is) and 3.0 TDI does not have launch mode. In the small print, it says that only the S-Tronic trans enables the feature to function by turning off the traction, left break, right push, 5 seconds, go! and all that.

Does the 2018 with 3.0 gas engine come with the S-tronic trans? Or is that only with the competition package?
    I'd love to know because in general, I like the s-tronic system and the fast shifts more than the tiptronic. I've had them in some loaners I've had and is part of the reason I'm considering going to an A4/A5 or S4/S5.

Anyway, just a quick question and a quick note about the Tiptronic and launch mode or lack there of if I'm reading the manual correctly.

Veteran Member Three Rings 07S6's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Estreet View Post
    Hey!
    Interesting info, thanks!
    I don't do the 0-60 timed and all and wouldn't have a good place to do it either. Not my thing.
    But, do have the lap timer enabled to see boost and when it says to shift for the best response.

Anyway, I have a new 2016 A6 3.0 TDI...very quick, but, helps to already be going around 20-30 mph. ha

Was reading the manual (again) and noticed something interesting...The Tiptronic trans in the 3.0 TFSI (2016 this is) and 3.0 TDI does not have launch mode. In the small print, it says that only the S-Tronic trans enables the feature to function by turning off the traction, left break, right push, 5 seconds, go! and all that.

Does the 2018 with 3.0 gas engine come with the S-tronic trans? Or is that only with the competition package?
    I'd love to know because in general, I like the s-tronic system and the fast shifts more than the tiptronic. I've had them in some loaners I've had and is part of the reason I'm considering going to an A4/A5 or S4/S5.

Anyway, just a quick question and a quick note about the Tiptronic and launch mode or lack there of if I'm reading the manual correctly.
    That's correct, all A6/A7 3.0T in the USA have the 8-speed tiptronic without launch control so you'd have to manually brake-torque the launch. The 2019 A6/A7 3.0 will be mated to a 7-speed dual clutch.
    2012 A7 Prestige, Innovation Pkg, Sport Pkg, B&O / APR Stage2, AWE Touring, Injen intake
    2012 A6 Prestige - Phantom Black/Nougat/Innovation Pkg. (sold)
    2007 S6 5.2L V10 (sold)