Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Those are awesome shots! Beautiful ride; the wheels in these shots look phenomenal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mark: 0000_S5
    2015 S5 Premium Plus, Ibis White
    Llumar 20% Tint (sides, back)
    Llumar Clear Ceramic Tint (windshield, sunroof)
    Llumar Paint Protection (front, hood, front quarters)
    Black Wrap Roof & Mirrors
    CR-15 Strut Tower Bar
    Gloss Black Audi Rings, S5 Badges
    Carbon Imports Rear Diffuser v2

Established Member Two Rings Hey_T_S5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 0000_S5 View Post
    Those are awesome shots! Beautiful ride; the wheels in these shots look phenomenal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I kept my focus on the wheels so they would show up a bit more crisp. That why the car looks a bit more grainy and the wheels a bit more sharp.
    The actual set up though was a bit of a nail bitter as even the manufacturer didnít recommend 285 rubber on 20x11 wheels but it fits perfectly with rubbing only on large pot holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by RS4 G View Post
    Iíve never experience swirls, could possibly remove light scratches. A couple of times just used the polish and followed with quick detail spray and itís looking very wet and deep. Just went over a year 10 days ago, 55k on the dash and overall paint looks good but thinking about having my front bumper and fenders repainted, paint correction and xpel. Paint Correction might be a consideration?
    Mine definitely needs paint correction on the hood!! She bumper also has some dings and chips so hoping paint correction can fix all of that!!!
    I gotta search for a reputable shop in the DFW area!!

Established Member Two Rings RS4 G's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I donít miss all those trucks on the road in Texas if and when I get the car painted, it would be a good time for paint correction and ceramic coating. That Black Paint Kit from Chemical Guys wonít disappoint.IMG_1496.jpg
    Apr Stage 2+ * Apr Ultracharger * Apr Dual Pulleys * Apr Intercooler *
    Apr CF CA Intake * Apr TCU Upgrade * Milltek Exhaust *

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by RS4 G View Post
    I donít miss all those trucks on the road in Texas if and when I get the car painted, it would be a good time for paint correction and ceramic coating. That Black Paint Kit from Chemical Guys wonít disappoint.IMG_1496.jpg
    I just put this on my stocking stuffers list!! Saw a couple of videos and it looks promising for getting rid of swirlies!!!

Established Member Two Rings RS4 G's Avatar
    AZ Member #

[QUOTE=Hey_T_S5;13443068]I just put this on my stocking stuffers list!! Saw a couple of videos and it looks promising for getting rid of swirlies!!!

Yay!
    Apr Stage 2+ * Apr Ultracharger * Apr Dual Pulleys * Apr Intercooler *
    Apr CF CA Intake * Apr TCU Upgrade * Milltek Exhaust *

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Very nice!!
    Question how was the fitment of the ebay grill ? What it a gunmetal replica of the rs5 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hey_T_S5 View Post
    I fell in love with the Audi S5 long ago but with kids and all of their activities a sport coupe was out of the question. Got tired of driving people haulers and the minute I realize we needed a new car the S5 came up at the top of my list and there was no other car that even came close to it. I got bit by the Mod bug even before I got my Audi, I have always worked on my car mainly out of necessity but after working almost weekly on an old Land Rover I grew to love working on engines and doing simple maintenance like changing brakes and other costly necessities.

My S5 is a Phantom Black pearl effect, it's a real b...h to keep it clean and keep the swirlies from showing up....but when its clean and polish the car looks brilliant!!

So far my mods are both aesthetic and performance oriented...

- The car has APR Stage 2, dual pulley with intercooler, Ultracharger and Intake. She's pretty fast and I like how she pulls right off the line!

- I am on the fence about the AWE touring exhaust but I got a feeling it will be installed before the year end.

- Next I got a set of Stoptech drilled and slotted rear brake rotors from an audizine member really cheap, I figure with the tune I needed a bit more stopping power and my rear pads were about half way cooked so they were replaced. Went ahead and got the matching front rotors as well and got a set of Hawk 5.0 brake pads for the front and the back.

- Aesthetically the front grill was changed almost immediately, I got an RS5 grill from eBay but I didn't like the color at all, it was way too bright and it just didn't match the car. I went a bit pricier with a Rieger RS5 in Gun Metal and I think it fits the Phantom Black with Alu-optics perfectly. I also got the Rieger Carbon Fiber rear valance and am I really happy with the way she looks front and back!

- Wheels and suspension were next, it took me forever to make up my mind on the wheels, there's way too many choices out there but finally choose a set of Vossen VFS1 20x10.5 et30 wrapped with Michelin Pilot Super Sports 4S. I was a bit skeptical on the Gloss Silver Finish on the Vossens but again it fit the Alu-optics side rails and mirror caps perfectly.

-Suspension was not overlooked, thanks to Mops I got a set of KW HAS lowering springs, installation was not cheap but the end results looks pretty darn good! I need to lower the front just a tad bit more and the rear needs about a 3 to 5 mm spacer to get the look and stance that I want.

What's next??
    --AWE touring exhaust for sure.
    --Rear and front sway bar.
    --Maybe a set of Ecodes but the amber color really doesn't bother me that much!!
    --I am also going to get a winter wheel set up just because, it doesn't snow much where I live but I like the thought of having a spare set of wheels just because.
    --Paint the calipers red or yellow gold.

Here's a few pics I took a week ago, I need to take some more with good lighting!
    Attachment 84552
    Attachment 84553
    Attachment 84554
    Attachment 84555
    Attachment 84556
    Attachment 84557
    Attachment 84558
    Attachment 84559
    Attachment 84560
    Attachment 84561

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Wantboost View Post
    Very nice!!
    Question how was the fitment of the ebay grill ? What it a gunmetal replica of the rs5 ?
    The eBay grill was a perfect fit, the only problem was the color. I thought I wanted silver to go with the Alu trim but it just looked too shiny to me. You can see how shiny it looks on this pic

The more expensive Rieger one looks really good but I had to make some modifications for it to fit perfectly flushed.
    I am either going to sell the eBay one or paint it black for a different look down the line.

AZ Member #

The rieger is more gunmetal ?? Can u PM the brand /seller of the ebay one. I'm looking for a gun metal Ebay one that hopefully fits well

AZ Member #

Yes the Rieger is gunmetal, the one I got from eBay is definitely silver with chrome surround. I just checked and that eBay seller is no longer available but it looks almost identical to this one

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F132652709644

AZ Member #

The rieger is more gunmetal ?? Can u PM the brand /seller of the ebay one. I'm looking for a gun metal Ebay one that hopefully fits well
    Also check the classifieds here...someone sold a genuine RS5 grill for $500 bucks not too long ago!!

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Hey_T_S5 View Post
    The eBay grill was a perfect fit, the only problem was the color. I thought I wanted silver to go with the Alu trim but it just looked too shiny to me. You can see how shiny it looks on this pic

The more expensive Rieger one looks really good but I had to make some modifications for it to fit perfectly flushed.
    I am either going to sell the eBay one or paint it black for a different look down the line.

Why fitment issues on the rieger ? Should it be direct fitment

AZ Member #

Why fitment issues on the rieger ? Should it be direct fitment
    There are three light modifications that I had to do with the Reager grill!! The first one is two bottom tabs on the grill that need to be be cut to allow the bottom of the grill to sit flush with the bumper. The second is not really a modification but two screw holes were totally misaligned on the upper corners, thereís a total of 14 screws so 2 missing is no big deal; the grill is pretty secure and doesnít really need these two screws.
    Last is the upper radiator shroud, the tabs on the shroud are too big for the Rieger RS5 grill, they need to be cut to size but the plastic is soft so a pair of dykes does the trick easily!!!
    All three things are more like nuances but I was surprised that the cheaper eBay grill has a perfect fit without needing any modifications.

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    none

Good looking s5!

Active Member Two Rings MidlfeS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Well done Sir!
    2010 S5, Prestige, Phantom Black, 6MT
    Get me a Founders please

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by wavy420 View Post
    Good looking s5!
    Thanks, I canít help but look back at her when I leave her in a parking lot!!!

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by MidlfeS5 View Post
    Well done Sir!
    Thank you, sheís also my midlife S5!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12