Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Four Rings VinnysS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Upper radiator fitting....

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Anyone replace just the 45 degree fitting that's a part of the upper radiator hose? The upper hose isn't exactly cheap and my radiator fitting broke in half... yet again... leaving me stranded and having to hack up some ****to get home. On its 2nd drive from fixing the power steering leak. Go figure

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    1997 VW GTI VR6 (sold), 2003 Audi RS6 (sold), 2010 Audi A4 2.0T (RIP Totaled on 11/2/2015 ) 2005.5 Audi S4

My build log
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-s-s4-timeline

Texpoops "Correct, but a half inch difference isnít going to accelerate wear by much. Iím sure the front dips that much with a fatty in the front"

Senior Member Three Rings MugelloB7RS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The only place I've seen sell separate components of the hose is JHM. They sell just the plastic piece with the little nipple coming off it upstream of where your problem is. I had a quick look but couldn't see the piece you need on their website.

I have the piece your talking about and I would give it to you however your on the other side of the continent and by the time you got it, it would likely be too much downtime.

Good luck.

AZ Member #

Yeah I checked jhm's website. Pretty much the only place I can find what I'm looking for is eBay and all the 45 degree elbow connectors i find all face the wrong direction due to the metal clip location. It makes it tough to source. Considering this was the first drive in 3 weeks, downtime is becoming common. Pm sent

1997 VW GTI VR6 (sold), 2003 Audi RS6 (sold), 2010 Audi A4 2.0T (RIP Totaled on 11/2/2015 ) 2005.5 Audi S4

My build log

Texpoops "Correct, but a half inch difference isnít going to accelerate wear by much. Iím sure the front dips that much with a fatty in the front"

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

https://shop.eurowise.com/product-p/ew42l.htm

Is this what you're talking about replacing? I was looking at getting this metal one instead of replacing it with a plastic one?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2006 B7 S4 Avant MT6 - Sprint Blue
    &
    2001 C5 A6 Avant Tip
    PES G2 S/C, Snow Performance S3 W/M Kit, 034 Custom Tune, H&R Street Coilovers, Stern Adjustable UCA's,
    APR Catback, H&R Rear Sway Bar, RS4 Engine Mounts, Carbon Trim
    https://wheelwell.com/profile/554997...fdaa10/garage/

AZ Member #

No that's not the part I need. The part I need is the actual radiator connector that has the quick disconnect metal clip on it

My build log

Veteran Member Three Rings badger.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '05 S4 Sedan | '05 S4 Avant | '01 Lexus IS300

...Must've put her in service position one too many times and stressed the connection out

sorry I'm no help. That sucks. I'm always nervous pulling that front clip out, it always feels like those hoses tug more than they should. Good luck.
    '05 S4 Sedan Arctic White: JHM Intake Spacers | JHM ATF Cooler | JHM Auto-tensioner | 034 Motor Mounts | Apikol Snub | Slotted & Dimpled Rotors | AQ1200D w/Dual 10" CVRs | 35% Tint | Piggies | Fast Intentions Catback
    '05 S4 Avant Brilliant Red: JHM Tune | JHM v1 Headers | JHM LWCP | JHM Ported IM| JHM ATF Cooler | Koni Yellows | Apikol Rear Diff & Snub | Thor Skid Plate | JHM LW Rotors | Fast Intentions Catback

Senior Member Four Rings Terry.Reese's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 Audi Allroad 2.7 Biturbo V6

Someone needs to 3d print a better one of those..
    Clarice

JHM intake spacers, DIY intake flapper mod, ported TB, heat wrap IM, 034 motor mounts, 15mm wheel spacers, ZimbuCAI, ZimbuTune, A8 D2 exhaust manifolds.

Senior Member Three Rings Velox's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    audi

Second hand not an option?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AUDI-S4-A4-...lWr2dh&vxp=mtr

or is that from the lower radiator hose?

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    GL450, CLA250, Honda Accord

8E0121070B is the part I believe
    Audi S4 Avant track project. JHM tune, manual swap, JHM LWFW, JHM stage 4 clutch, JHM linkage trio, JHM intake spacers, JHM tensioner, 034 end links (front and rear), 034 Rear sway, 034 transmission mount, Apikol rear diff mount, ECS tuning Engine mounts, Statis Motorsport Ohlins suspension, Brembo 18z BBK, VW Phaeton brake ducts, Red optima battery, Recaro Speed seats, Militek Catless DPs, Fast Intentions exhaust

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Jdsb6s4 View Post
    8E0121070B is the part I believe
    yes that is the part number for the entire radiator hose assembly. The problem is, all I need is that fitting on the end. I did a auxiliary radiator delete and have already modified the lower half of the hoses. It's hard for me to stomach spending $200 on one coolant fitting especially since I'm going to have to hack the new hose up to get it
    Quote Originally Posted by Velox View Post
    Second hand not an option?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AUDI-S4-A4-...lWr2dh&vxp=mtr

or is that from the lower radiator hose?
    You know, I must have looked for over an hour and even typed in S4 coolant hose and never saw this part for sale. I might actually order this one

My build log

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    GL450, CLA250, Honda Accord

I could look around via craigslist up here but I think there is a couple b7s bhf down in your area that some junkyards are ripping down
    Audi S4 Avant track project. JHM tune, manual swap, JHM LWFW, JHM stage 4 clutch, JHM linkage trio, JHM intake spacers, JHM tensioner, 034 end links (front and rear), 034 Rear sway, 034 transmission mount, Apikol rear diff mount, ECS tuning Engine mounts, Statis Motorsport Ohlins suspension, Brembo 18z BBK, VW Phaeton brake ducts, Red optima battery, Recaro Speed seats, Militek Catless DPs, Fast Intentions exhaust

AZ Member #

Done. Ordered. Thank you very much for dropping that link!! The community to the rescue.

My build log

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by VinnysS4 View Post
    yes that is the part number for the entire radiator hose assembly. The problem is, all I need is that fitting on the end. I did a auxiliary radiator delete and have already modified the lower half of the hoses. It's hard for me to stomach spending $200 on one coolant fitting especially since I'm going to have to hack the new hose up to get itYou know, I must have looked for over an hour and even typed in S4 coolant hose and never saw this part for sale. I might actually order this one

Vinny, what did you do with the t section on that hose? I redirected it to the hose coming out of the block.
    Clarice

JHM intake spacers, DIY intake flapper mod, ported TB, heat wrap IM, 034 motor mounts, 15mm wheel spacers, ZimbuCAI, ZimbuTune, A8 D2 exhaust manifolds.

AZ Member #

I put a straight fitting and I redirected the line coming from the alternator to the smaller fitting that follows along the passenger side of the block with a T

I'll throw up a pic. I have been dealing with issue after issue with my car. Ready to get a different car :(

Last edited by VinnysS4; 09-13-2018 at 07:18 PM.

My build log

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I put a straight fitting and I redirected the line coming from the alternator to the smaller fitting that follows along the passenger side of the block with a T

I'll throw up a pic. I have been dealing with issue after issue with my car. Ready to get a different car :(

Yes please send pics, i think i can clean it up a bit more

Sent from my XT1650 using Audizine mobile app
    Clarice

AZ Member #

Not sure what prices you found, but I've been looking for the same one and rock auto has the whole upper hose for about $70. How much were they at other places?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...pper+hose,2058

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Vinny send pics!! of the hoses.. the cars hoses.....
    Clarice

AZ Member #

Tried to get good photos but failed. Let me give a go again and I'll post them
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry.Reese View Post
    Vinny send pics!! of the hoses.. the cars hoses.....

My build log

AZ Member #

ECS has them for cheap too.Screenshot_20180923-154952_Chrome.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #

I ended up ordering just the section i needed from wolf auto for 20 bucks. That part is different than what broke

My build log