Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Wow, I wonder how that happened? I don't have any experience of these oil pump issues which are meant to come about from incorrect TC installation. I hope that the shredded gear hasn't put too much swarf into your TC mechatronics. Is it pumping out fine metallic particles?
    I would give Nat Wentworth (at Eriksson Industries) a call and explain the issue to him, and ask for advice on parts and the best way to proceed. This sounds like a situation where you certainly want to make sure the trans is clean and good to go, not just replace the obviously broken components.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Update 11.05
    Tranny was removed and the pump installed. The AT would not pair with the block... tried several times. Removed the AT and now can't get the TC off of the shaft. I suspect the damage to the TC, which was unknown until I tried to pair the AT with the block, by way of the internal TC bearing. Looking for a TC..., and considering an AT.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Update 11/13
    The pump has now been replaced twice... the second pump was crushed while installing the AT. This was after we double and triple checked the proper seating of the TC. Initally, I elected not to replace the TC which was a mistake. My guess is that the TC was damaged from the beginning, along with the pump and by not replacing it, the second pump was damaged. I am waiting for the new TC. More to follow.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Gosh, this all sounds painful. Hopefully you get sorted soon!

So you think the TC was damaged somehow right from the start, and when you initially mated the engine and gearbox back together you killed the pump?
    But the TC was fine before you did your chains job?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Actually, I believe the pump suffered damage upon install of the transmission. I have received the replacement pump, and... It broke upon install! I can't tell you how carefully I conducted this repair, checking, double checking, triple checked... Back to where I started. The third pump will arrive later in the week. I am wondering if the output shaft is damaged.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

The TC and pump were successfully replaced with used parts. The AT was refilled to specs. There are no codes on the AT. Results: the AT will not engage. I have exhausted all of my abilities. I will either replace the AT or find a technician that knows/specializes in Audi transmissions.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Damnit man, you have been through the ringer with this. Good luck and keep us posted.
    It's My Realtor Car

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Wow, this is a long road indeed! Let us know the outcome.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123