Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring HankJ's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Angry Bad Experience with Audi on Turbo Failures on 4.0l V8, Reference TSB#2044640/4

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Help, please,

How many other people are having issues with turbo failures on their Audis? I just lost both of mine on my 2015 A8l 4.0 with 85,000 and oil changed religiously on schedule by the dealer! The sticker for repair is over $9,500 and has taken over 2 weeks in the shop. Audi has offered about $3,000 to help, but this seems rather light considering the severity of this problem. I've talked to my rep twice, even thought I've called her every day (sometimes multiple) and can't seem to get her to return my calls.

From what I can determine, there is a problem with the original units and other people might be experiencing this issue as well.

Can anyone help me out with this and determine if the Audi offer is fair? Also, is there any thought of an extended warranty or recall on this item from Audi?

Thanks,

Hank
    Last edited by HankJ; 09-16-2018 at 09:51 AM.

AZ Member #

Per TSB#2044640/4, the known causes: -tuned ECM, -non-compliance with service intervals, -incorrectly fitted oil filter element, -leaks in intake tract and poor oil supply. NONE of which applies to my car. These was a production solution of a redesigned oil strainer, humm.

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 MDX Advance pkg, a workbench

And last but not least, “poor oil supply to turbos.” Nice of audi to try to sweep it under the rug with vague verbage in a tsb. It’s the oil strainer you pennypinching muppets. Just say it.
    Since they have no maint recommendations for checking the oil strainer, no sensor to monitor oil flow to the turbos, have long oil change intervals and have relased an updated part (essentially admitting fault with prior part), this is ripe for class action.
    -------
    2014 S6 - Stage 3, AMS downpipes with custom exhaust
    2013 S4 - Dual Pulley e85 - sold

AZ Member #

here's the tsb.
    Attachments Pending Approval
    Last edited by HankJ; 09-18-2018 at 08:23 PM.