Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Feb 01 2018
    AZ Member #
    413369
    Location
    CO

    PCV value DIY - lower hose has no clamp?

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Heyo Audi family

    So replacing the PCV valve on the ol B7 Avant w/105k miles. Took the old valve out only to find there is no hose clamp on the lower nipple?? Is that stock? Or the lazy POS who cleaned/replaced the last PCV just didnít add a clamp back on?

    If there was no tightened clamp on the lower hose, would this cause some symptoms of having a faulty/clogged PCV valve?

  2. #2
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 01 2017
    AZ Member #
    398738
    Location
    Lincoln DE

    probably just didnt put one back on due to location. i never had one on mine and had zero issues
    2008 DTM RS4

    Instagram--@tjbradney

  3. #3
    Senior Member Four Rings Terry.Reese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05 2015
    AZ Member #
    359932
    My Garage
    2005 Audi Allroad 2.7 Biturbo V6
    Location
    Billings, MT

    Quote Originally Posted by tjbradney View Post
    probably just didnt put one back on due to location. i never had one on mine and had zero issues
    0 issues meaning he had to replace an engine with a rs4 engine...lol
    Clarice

    JHM intake spacers, DIY intake flapper mod, ported TB, heat wrap IM, 034 motor mounts, 15mm wheel spacers, ZimbuCAI, ZimbuTune, A8 D2 exhaust manifolds.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Three Rings caliizaktiv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 20 2010
    AZ Member #
    68491
    My Garage
    Used Oil
    Location
    Jupiter

    There is a hose clamp that's supposed to be on the lower part, at least on mine there is.
    05 S4 / 07 RS4 / 13 ZCP M3

  5. #5
    Senior Member Four Rings Terry.Reese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05 2015
    AZ Member #
    359932
    My Garage
    2005 Audi Allroad 2.7 Biturbo V6
    Location
    Billings, MT

    Quote Originally Posted by BoCoS4Avant View Post
    Heyo Audi family

    So replacing the PCV valve on the ol B7 Avant w/105k miles. Took the old valve out only to find there is no hose clamp on the lower nipple?? Is that stock? Or the lazy POS who cleaned/replaced the last PCV just didnít add a clamp back on?

    If there was no tightened clamp on the lower hose, would this cause some symptoms of having a faulty/clogged PCV valve?
    Mine needed a clamp, the oem hose would just slide right off, i would suggest getting a small coupler from ace or a hardware store and replace it.
    Clarice

    JHM intake spacers, DIY intake flapper mod, ported TB, heat wrap IM, 034 motor mounts, 15mm wheel spacers, ZimbuCAI, ZimbuTune, A8 D2 exhaust manifolds.

  6. #6
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 01 2017
    AZ Member #
    398738
    Location
    Lincoln DE

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry.Reese View Post
    0 issues meaning he had to replace an engine with a rs4 engine...lol
    Bet, see me at 700awhp.
    2008 DTM RS4

    Instagram--@tjbradney

  7. #7
    Senior Member Four Rings Terry.Reese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05 2015
    AZ Member #
    359932
    My Garage
    2005 Audi Allroad 2.7 Biturbo V6
    Location
    Billings, MT

    You obviously missed the joke.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Audizine mobile app
    Clarice

    JHM intake spacers, DIY intake flapper mod, ported TB, heat wrap IM, 034 motor mounts, 15mm wheel spacers, ZimbuCAI, ZimbuTune, A8 D2 exhaust manifolds.

  8. #8
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 01 2017
    AZ Member #
    398738
    Location
    Lincoln DE

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry.Reese View Post
    You obviously missed the joke.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Audizine mobile app
    no i didnt i was keeping it going.
    2008 DTM RS4

    Instagram--@tjbradney



Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.