Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: Door Buzz Help

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 GL450

Door Buzz Help

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Going to open up the passenger door this weekend to see if I can track down what is vibrating / buzzing. I know that the speaker is one issue if I listen to sports on AM but I also have a vibration high on the door. If I reach across and press on or around the carbon trim it pretty much stops. It might be the trim so Ill probably put some felt behind it but I was looking for tips on anything else that I should take a look at to add some felt or foam.

Any ideas would be appreciated since I dont want to have to do this again.

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2016 S5 6MT - Brilliant Black, P+, High Gloss Black, Sport Dif, B&O, Tech, Nappa
    Current: H&R Street Performance Coilovers, H&R Spacers 15/20, OEM RS5 Grill, CQ's Finest, 35% Pinnacle Tint

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I have the same issue. Took it to the dealership and they said some of the wires are stored loosely which makes the rattling worse. They put some additional insulation etc, but it came back.

Let me know what you learn, because I have been thinking about doing the same

On a side note, I this is a systemic issue. I am currently in a VW atlas as a rental and it's got rattles ALLL OVER when the bass hits.
    Same door panel, housing rattled I hear in my S.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by RVJ View Post
    If I reach across and press on or around the carbon trim it pretty much stops. It might be the trim so Ill probably put some felt behind it but I was looking for tips on anything else that I should take a look at to add some felt or foam.

I have the same problem. Rattle drives me crazy. Commenting so I can find this thread. I hope someone has a fix without taking off the panel.
    2014 A5: BC Forged EH 182 20x10 et 30 - 275/30 - H&R Street Performance Coilovers - Panaflex 20% - AWE Dual Exhaust w/ Resonator Delete - GIAC Stage 1 - CTS Turbo Intake - CF Mirrors - RS Grill - RS Steering Wheel - CTS Turbo Intake

Established Member Four Rings wkhanna's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    needs cleaned

sometimes it is just the the weather strip on the interior side of the door....
    ....this may be the issue if the sound of the rattle seems to be near the top of the panel.

see item #15 in pic

Belt Weather-Strip - Audi (8T0-853-284-E-1P9)

Billy

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob

2011 A5 2.0T Old Man Project
    2011 A4 quattro 2.0t (The Wife's)
    1983 Porsche 944 (Modified)
    1985 BWM K100RS (since new - Heavily Modified)
    1971 Moto Guzzi Elderodo

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by RVJ View Post
    If I reach across and press on or around the carbon trim it pretty much stops. It might be the trim so Ill probably put some felt behind it but I was looking for tips on anything else that I should take a look at to add some felt or foam.

I have the same problem. Rattle drives me crazy. Commenting so I can find this thread. I hope someone has a fix without taking off the panel.
    2014 A5: BC Forged EH 182 20x10 et 30 - 275/30 - H&R Street Performance Coilovers - Panaflex 20% - AWE Dual Exhaust w/ Resonator Delete - GIAC Stage 1 - CTS Turbo Intake - CF Mirrors - RS Grill - RS Steering Wheel - CTS Turbo Intake

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 GL450

To further clarify, this issue isnt related to driving on bumpy roads. Just normal driving.

I will definitely be taping up any wiring with foam electrical tape and checking out the carbon trim as well. Hopefully some others will have experience / suggestions before the weekend.

Ill post all that I do and the results after a few test drives.

2016 S5 6MT - Brilliant Black, P+, High Gloss Black, Sport Dif, B&O, Tech, Nappa
    Current: H&R Street Performance Coilovers, H&R Spacers 15/20, OEM RS5 Grill, CQ's Finest, 35% Pinnacle Tint

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I had a buzz in the spot.

Does it get louder when you open or close the glove box?

I just went through this... took off the cover between the windshield / firewalls, blew and sucked out the drains, checked the fan and the cabin filter, speakers, passenger door, etc.

Check your fuses behind the door on the far passenger side of the dash: In my case it turned out that the large fuse assembly in that passenger fuse block was the rattle / noise.

Veteran Member Four Rings Sgibb16's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 A5 & 2002 Passat Wagon

I have the same issue sounds like its from the carbon trim, if i press on it it goes away for a while. I also have one from my HVAC control unit, I just ordered some felt tape last week to try and mitigate some of this.
    2012 A5 P+ | Sports Package | 6MT | 35% Tint

REVO Stage II | AWE Quad Exhaust | 034 HFC | E-Codes | FK Silverline Coils | JHM Short Throw Shifter | Eurocode HFIC Pipe | Roc Euro Intake
    TR8 Intercooler | CTS Silicone Hose Kit & Turbo Outlet | CR-15 Strut Brace | Alu Kreuz | S-line Front & Rear Bumper Conversion