Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings US3lessRooster's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Intercooler Options for S3

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey all,

So I tried searching for this on the forum and seemed to only find a thread like this for the RS3. Iíve been doing some research and while Iíve read up enough on the offerings from APR, IE, CTS, etc. I really wanted to hear some of the experiences from members in this forum. Iíve been leaning towards APR or IE (running APR stage 1) but canít really decide between the two. Iím open to hearing any experiences from different brands as well.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Audi S3 Prestige

No experience yet, but I am going with AMS or IE for intake and intercooler. UM Tune.

AZ Member #

I've had the APR IC on my R and now S3 for 2.5 years. It's performed great in the Texas heat/humidity. If I were to do it again, I'd probably go Wagner though.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by HBird View Post
    I've had the APR IC on my R and now S3 for 2.5 years. It's performed great in the Texas heat/humidity. If I were to do it again, I'd probably go Wagner though.
    +1 for Wagner... haven't heard anything but good things about them, but they're probably the most pricey option.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I have the Unitronic intercooler on my S3 for about 6 months now here in Denver and no issues.

After reading many many reviews since installing mine...I probably would have gone the IE or APR FMIC as they seem to perform the absolute best.
    Full UM Tune
    The good bolt-ons
    MPI

- Founder of https://www.opendoorfranchises.com/

Senior Member Three Rings davyboi's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have the IE . very happy with it... I got it when it was on sale.. They just had a Labor day sale too..

Active Member Two Rings US3lessRooster's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have heard good things about Wagner and APR, have not heard much about AMS outside of their intakes, maybe Iíll have to look into their product line some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine