Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

drops of water in rear lights

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    i have the car a year, and recently noticed after rain or washing water in rear light assembly.
    its very minimal and difficult to see, perhaps a drop or two in the lower part of each assembly.

if i take a business card and put it in the seam of the lower part of lens and the opening to the metal beneath it ,the water drops out and its then clear.
    minor issue, but curious if its limited to my car or others as well . i will monitor to see if it increases and have the dealer check it out next time its in for something else.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Audi A4 3.2 Quattro; 2010 Acura RDX (my wife's vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by pal joey View Post
    i have the car a year, and recently noticed after rain or washing water in rear light assembly.
    its very minimal and difficult to see, perhaps a drop or two in the lower part of each assembly.

if i take a business card and put it in the seam of the lower part of lens and the opening to the metal beneath it ,the water drops out and its then clear.
    minor issue, but curious if its limited to my car or others as well . i will monitor to see if it increases and have the dealer check it out next time its in for something else.
    Not sure about the design but are your sunroof drains clogged? The B7 A4s had such problems.
    2014 Monsoon Gray S4 Prem+ | S-Tronic | LH Magma Nappa leather interior | Carbon Atlas inlays | Sports Diff | Adaptive Damping suspension | 19 peelers | MMI Nav | Bang & Olufsen | tints | VAG COM mods via OBDeleven | Autostyle Mats