Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

2008 Audi A6 Unidentified Small Hose Under Passenger Headlight (what is it?)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I have my bumper off and have found a small unidentified hose that almost appears broken.

I can't figure out what it connects to...everything else seems connected up and it does not even look like it connects to anything unless I just zip tie it to something and let it hang. The end looks broken and has a small orifice in it.

can someone advise me what the deal is with this so I can connect it and put the bumper back on? Thanks!

Audi A6 unknown hose brokend.jpgAudi A6 unknown hose.jpgAudi A6 unknown hose2.jpg

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Damn, Just when I thought I knew all the vac lines in the car, haha. Actually, do you know where it's coming from?

IN MY CAR there's only one vac line that goes around that area and it runs from the front of the IM, down over the vacuum pump, over behind the pass headlight and into the vacuum-actuated flap of the back of the airbox. But usually when there's an issue with this line, you'd get a code for the IM flap control being inoperable.

Now, that's me assuming it's a vacuum line. Can't really tell but it's about the right size. The only other thing I can think of in that area is IF your car has the headlight washer option, this could be the line feeding the washer on the passenger side
    07 A6 3.2- Out & In- Morimoto 5500k & Nokya 2500k, DeAutoLED Reverse, LP, & Footwells, Ziza Full Interior, 10" lo-pro Pioneer, Audi Aluminum Pedals
    Drivetrain & Suspension- Stoptech X-Drilled & Sport Pads, ST X-Coilovers, Hacked Airbox with aFe, Resonator Delete

"What is best in life? -Kill your enemies. See them driven before you. And hear the lamentation of their women" Conan the Barbarian

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

No, dont know where its coming from, wish I did. Its all back together now so hard to tell.
    I think the hose for the airbox is already hooked up. Its a little larger too.
    Ill take another look at the bumper assembly but I think the washers run on this clear plumbing looking tube system and are fed off the drivers side. Ill take a look and update later today.

Thanks for your response!