Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Bt with external wastegate delete ??

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Aye guys so im gonna put a holset 30 on my 1.8Q for stage 3 setup. My question is what if i were to just cap the hole on then bottom of the manifold and just run the n75 hooked up as it should ? What would be the effects of that and of course Id be getting a proper tune

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Four Rings Seerlah's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Is this a troll post? How are you going to hook up the n75 as it should with no wastegate?!?!

The wastegate, internal or external, is there so the turbo does not overboost. Without that, the exhaust energy will continually be applied to the turbine wheel, which in turn will continually turn the compressor wheel, which in turn will make you continuously build more boost. Picture 25psi tune, and you boosting to 40psi because lack of a wastegate. You'll blow your motor.
    I hate it when my car acts like a little bitch, treating me like a bitch

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Haha ok fine >:D Im just thinking of cheaper ways with my 805 while i wait its fun to bs with other tuners..! But on a more serious note I can def run the n75 to the external wastegate and it should control pretty well correct? cuz there 2 line ins on the tial wastegates

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Four Rings Seerlah's Avatar
    AZ Member #

You use the side port of the external wastegate and leave the top port open. You need some type of way to exert the extra exhaust once your requested boost is reached. That is the reason for a wastegate, both internal or external. Without that, your turbo will continue to build boost and no tuner would tune for that (or at least shouldn't unless bullsh*tting with the intent to blow up a motor). The n75 is your stock boost controller that tells the wastegate when to open. But it can't open what is not there (if you ran no wg).

On a side note, I know nothing about tuning. Just basic principles.
    I hate it when my car acts like a little bitch, treating me like a bitch