Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring MattAudiA4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

2015 Audi A3 or 2012 Audi A6??

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hello, I just found out after two months at the repair shop my 2013 Audi A4 has been totaled.. it was a very long and BS process. But the good thing is i just got paid for my car and am now looking to get into something new. Iíve been looking at 2012+ Audi A6ís with the 3.0 V6, but have recently been looking at 2015 Audi A3ís with the 2.0 with far less miles or would it be beat to hop back into another A4? I am getting married next year and the car could very well end up being hers ( Iíd be stuck with the ole 99 Honda Accord) . Needing a little feedback on what your suggestions would be or what other car options. I am currently in the 17-20k range. Hope to hear back from a few of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Three Rings esimp2k's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 TTS, Specialized Stumpjumper Comp

Two totally different cars. Especially from a size standpoint. Apples and oranges. Drive both and see what you prefer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings S4 00 2.7's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 F30

do not get the Audi A3 without the quattro - bonus is you get the higher output motor with it

Sent from Pixel 2 XL

| Autospeed | tt downpipes | FSI coils | Rear anti-sway bar | metal end links | AWE | UUC | ST | JHM | Pure MS | 034

2003 Z06 blk/blk (Sold)

operation #savejauri, please send monies

RIP Daz

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Sorry to hear about your car.

I second that they are two very different cars. I used to have a B5 S4, which is nearly the same interior dimensions as the new A3, but now own a 6. The rear seat of the B5 was tight for adults, but the 6 is much more spacious. On the other hand, smaller cars are more fun for spirited driving. Go test drive them both and sit in the back seat (if you plan on ever having adults back there).

Established Member Two Rings a1dan_87's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by MattAudiA4 View Post
    Hello, I just found out after two months at the repair shop my 2013 Audi A4 has been totaled.. it was a very long and BS process. But the good thing is i just got paid for my car and am now looking to get into something new. Iíve been looking at 2012+ Audi A6ís with the 3.0 V6, but have recently been looking at 2015 Audi A3ís with the 2.0 with far less miles or would it be beat to hop back into another A4? I am getting married next year and the car could very well end up being hers ( Iíd be stuck with the ole 99 Honda Accord) . Needing a little feedback on what your suggestions would be or what other car options. I am currently in the 17-20k range. Hope to hear back from a few of you.

The a6 would have a bit more luxury feel to it, while the 3.0t will feel smoother and more refined. Also you can beat a lot more power out of the 3.0t for pretty cheap.

The A3 would be a bit more fun to drive, but most likely a bit less soft and refined than something like an A6 would be. Also better fuel economy rating depending on what you want.

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Audizine mobile app

Active Member One Ring MattAudiA4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Much appreciated guys for the replies. Ill keep doing my research and check them both out. I have owned two B5 S4ís and a B7 A4. But Iím still fresh to the newer Audiís. A1dan thatís where Iím running into conflict is luxury vs. newer with less miles etc.. I will be living about 45 minutes away from work when married so Iím just trying to do the responsible thing and be smart with my next big purchase!:)