Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings biehniac's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Proper Oil Amount for 2013 S7

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I just had my oil changed and refilled to factory standards, but now have a message saying "Please Reduce Oil Level" when I check oil status in MMI.

I'm worried about possibly creating too much pressure and busting a head gasket, so I'm going to have some oil removed today. However i just got back from a 700 mile road trip and had no issues.

Can you provide some insight on what's going on here? I read some old threads that original factory amounts were overstated, and people had to call Audi to get the corrected ones.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Audizine mobile app

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hello Biehniac,

Thanks so much for reaching out. I know if it was my S7, I'd want to make sure that all fluids and oils were properly topped off as well. For your vehicle and vehicle's engine (4.0L FSI) the maximum capacity of oil is 8.3 liters (8.8 quarts). It may take a day or so for the system to completely register the new level of oil. The best recommendation is to continue to check it often to make sure it is within manufacturing specifications. Please feel free to PM me if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager