Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings promoda's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015%20Audi%20Q5%2C

A4 exhaust options???

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys I'm looking to get more of a throaty sound and add another sporty touch to the back end with tips...not so much for the added power...

When ever I look around for exhaust options, the prices are in the thousands...
    I've already done a res delete, which does add some more growl but not very much. Are there any options out there for me?

I love the milltek exhaust tips but they dont sell them separately... can any one help me out?
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 B9 A4 2.0T Quattro DSG , 2015 Q5 2.0T Quattro TIP

the res delete gives throatier sound but also raspier....changing the mufflers will give you deeper tone, also adding different kinds of resonator or performance muffler in the middle can help drone or raspiness.. now this is very expensive to play around but if you have the money to do so...... please do document it so i can copy the best set up :p

I want no drone but deeper, throatier sound, which is hard with a stock 4 banger!
    2017 B9 A4 2.0T Quattro S Tronic | Daytona Gray | Xenon to LED Headlights Conversion | Too many mods... |

Past:
    2015 B8.5 A4 2.0T Tip Black
    2003 B6 A4 1.8T Tip DG

IG: keithlauuu

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015%20Audi%20Q5%2C

I was in traffic the other day behind an M4 BMW the noise coming g off that this was amazing! I would even settle for the fiat abarth noise lol

Established Member Two Rings Dirty_Bourbon's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by promoda View Post
    Hey guys I'm looking to get more of a throaty sound and add another sporty touch to the back end with tips...not so much for the added power...

When ever I look around for exhaust options, the prices are in the thousands...
    I've already done a res delete, which does add some more growl but not very much. Are there any options out there for me?

I love the milltek exhaust tips but they dont sell them separately... can any one help me out?
    Thanks

Well for looks the 4 inch ECS black tips look pretty good and aggressive- wont do much for sound.

I know Borla or Magnaflow (not sure which) is working on a exhaust suite for the B9s.

I would bet if you bought just the mufflers back and the tips from the suite would shave some $ off and give you a deeper tone - for a 4cyl.
    18' B9 P+ Black/Brown
    Roc Euro Intake | ITG Filter | CTS Inlet Tube
    **TBD

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I have the awe touring exhaust and I love it. Yes it was over 1K but the sound is much deeper and very little drone

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015%20Audi%20Q5%2C

Back in the day when I had my Mazda (12 years ago) it would have been an easy fix. Buy a the cherry bomb exhaust to get the sound lol

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mike@PureMS's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I've got a used Milltek Unresonated catback available for sale. Standard polished tips. Asking $1100. Was used for about 6-8 months, been sitting around for a while now..

www.purems.com

San Diego, CA | mike@purems.com | Twitter! | Facebook
    Your Source for everything APR, HRE Wheels, Brembo, TSW, Rotiform, VMR Wheels, Stern, Evolution Racewerks, Clutchmasters, South Bend, Carbonio, VWR, Gruppe M, OSIR, and much more!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015%20Audi%20Q5%2C

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@PureMS View Post
    I've got a used Milltek Unresonated catback available for sale. Standard polished tips. Asking $1100. Was used for about 6-8 months, been sitting around for a while now..
    I messaged you